Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think that a Mega Evolution is going to be showcases so maybe Lucario or Mewtwo are back with the mega evolution as a final smash

One version has MegaMewtwo X and the other has MegaMewtwo Y!  Wait no that would probably be a terrible idea.

Eggman would be logical as some sort of assist item given Lost World's plot, though I'd vouch for Tails too since as memory serves, he was originally going to be an assist in Brawl, with his ability being he'd rescue you from a lethal fall.

Also, I think that's it now for third party characters. Highly doubt we're going to see Snake return. >>

Seeing that the only reason why Snake got into Brawl last time was because Kojima begged Sakurai to include him, there's no chance Snake is coming back this time around. Especially since there are now two third party characters.

Also I'm betting Mewtwo is making a comeback, with his Mega Evolution as his final smash. That or maybe a new pokemon trainer (wouldn't it be badass if he/she had pokemon from all 6 generations on his/her team?)

I would love to see Eggman as an Assist, likely firing Missiles everywhere like dancing atop his Egg Mobile while doing his iconic "Hooooohohohohoho!" Laugh.

Hmm....what would a Mega Man assist be, I kinda doubt the Yellow Devil is an Assist Trophy but more of a stage hazard, through it could be, it was never confirmed or denied.

And yeah I doubt Snake is coming back too, through if theirs any character from Konami I still want to see, it would be a Belmont of the Castlevania series, by that I mean the Classic or IGA era.

Could possibly be a Namco rep too, but I don't don't if were even getting anymore 3rd party characters. Sonic was all too obvious and Mega Man was destined despite Capcom making a fool out of of him.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Hey, here is a thought, what if we had 2 pokemon trainers, one representing the first 3 gens, and one representing the newer 3?

Also still would like Knux as a playable character(altough, Blaze could be a clone.... and a portable rep

Oh and Dr Wily with a team of robot masters would be cool

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Really this talk of third party characters is making me think Nintendo should seriously get together with other big gaming companies and devise a single, massive crossover apart from Smash Bros. It'd resolve the issue of all these third party characters being desired in Smash, as there'd be no "Nintendo" identity for this hypothetical super crossover fighter to worry about.

Though the issue would then come to how it'd almost certainly have to be multi-platform, and as Nintendo's a console company I don't think their appetite would be for that.

Jigglypuff is probably more likely, really
Mewtwo at the moment has far more relevance due to his two Mega Evolutions and his new movie. In addition Jiggs has been an unlockable character in all three games (though the same can be said about Luigi, Jiggs doesn't have Nintendo dedicating this year to her).

This is a very pleasent surprise! The highest on my list of three characters I wanted to return is in, now all I need is Diddy Kong and Wario.

screen-2.jpg

Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

All of this has happened while I was at work. It's pretty hard to contain my excitement on the job while reading it on break. :) I also like how Sonic's reveal seems to be more planned then last time. Windy Hill Zone is his stage and Lost World isn't even out yet.

Edited by sonfan1984

Mewtwo at the moment has far more relevance due to his two Mega Evolutions and his new movie.

Which technically isn't his what with the whole Newtwo controversy.

But yeah, nice to see Sonic come back. As if Mega Man wasn't enough to make this a must-have for me.

Bringing Jiggles back would be the perfect opportunity to revamp movesets. Any moves that are a direct copy of Kirby's can be changed to Fairy-type attacks.

Which would make Jigglez vs. Bowser/Ridley a 100-0 matchup

Yay! Sonic is back! :D

But I have wished that they give him some new moves. I know they are not done with the moveset jet, but still.

I only noticed one new attack, and that would be his UP-A. He now kicks two times into the air instead of the spindash attack. Thought I'm not sure if this was already in brawl.. I just played Brawl recently, but can't remember... :3

Yay! Sonic is back! biggrin.png

But I have wished that they give him some new moves. I know they are not done with the moveset jet, but still.

I only noticed one new attack, and that would be his UP-A. He now kicks two times into the air instead of the spindash attack. Thought I'm not sure if this was already in brawl.. I just played Brawl recently, but can't remember... :3

That's his Standard Up A dude.

Being that he is revealed so early... and that he wasn't [blacked out] secretly like the last additions on brawl. He won't be unlockable I think. You can play him from the start. o.o

• Thumbs Up 1

I really fucking hope Jigglypuff isn't back.

I wish I can like this 100000000000000000000000 times. 

All of this has happened while I was at work. It's pretty hard to contain my excitement on the job while reading it on break. smile.png I also like how Sonic's reveal seems to be more planned then last time. Windy Hill Zone is his stage and Lost World isn't even out yet.

We have known about Windy Hill since June/July so it really isn't something to be shocked about 

We have known about Windy Hill since June/July so it really isn't something to be shocked about 

I know that. I'm just saying how Sonic being in Smash is more planned out then he was in Brawl. 

I'm actually happy to hear that Sonic's back even though I don't like playing as him, Mario/Mega Man/Sonic is the ultimate triforce of video game mascots in Smash and having them all in the same game makes it feel so much more complete. I'm going to have lots of fun kicking his ass with Mario and Mega Man.

I still don't give a shit about Pac-Man though.

• Thumbs Up 8

Id think that itll be fair for Namco to add a character in since they're helping with the game

I still don't give a shit about Pac-Man though.

Who does?

He has nothing left but nostalgia and an awful TV show.  This game has its two 3rd-Party characters, and I'd very much like the rest of the roster to be delicious, creamy Nintendo goodness; I really hope we get some fresh, new announcements, because this roster is looking more and more like Brawl 2.

Edited by Carl Brutananadilewski

I'm not saying that I'm not expecting Pac-Man to show up. It's looking pretty likely at this point. I just don't see the appeal in Pac-Man as a character, and I don't like any depiction of him with arms, legs, and facial features because the only attachment I (and most of the general public) have for him is the original arcade game, not so much the character himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I like the old Pacman design a good bit. Like, the one that appeared on the original Puck Man stuff.. which was Pac-Man's design for a while until recent.

Still don't see the point of him being in that much though, new design or old. Would work best as an easter egg, like an assist trophy, if anything.