Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Yeah I think it would've been a bit jarring if EVERY track had been completely redesigned.  I'm glad they paced the game out to not have every single track have arbitrary underwater/gliding/anti-gravity sections.  I admit out of the retro tracks that had fairly major overhauls, while the majority I either like or am indifferent to, one or two were unwelcome changes and I'd rather they had left them alone.

I know if they bring back N64 Wario Stadium, I'd want it relatively untouched.  Naturally add some speed boosters to the jumps since all these modern Mario Karting babies prolly wouldn't be able to handle falling down to an earlier part of the track and having to catch up.  'Course, folks were tougher back in my day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone have a favorite vehicle combination?

Mine is flame rider, slim and personal favorite glider ( they are all pretty much the same) the parachute one .

Right now I've been using the Comet Bike with Cyber Slick wheels and standard glider (the quirky ones are fun but don't look as aerodynamic and that bothers me).

Has the feel of a lightweight character (crazy good cornering) but with slightly more oomph and not as frequently knockable as the bikes back on Mario Kart Wii were.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm terrible with inside drifting bikes, it doesn't feel right with me. I can still manage the CPU'S but I don't get away from them that far. When I'm ahead, I go nuts with my drifting and tricks, get a. Ooat at every turn, tricks done after every ramp.

I tried your combination jez and I'm doing worse. Lol not for me I guess. Its weird how I go into beast mode in Mario kart Wii inside drift bikes.

That little delay really affected me. Oh well.

Now for new items, I really like the piranha plant and the super horn. The boomerang.. Eh it sometimes does its job.but trying to get others and aim it can be hard. Sometimes it just goes crazy and completely misses them. Probably just me though.

Edit: LOL, in N64 RR, I got so many coins. The only time I didn't get a coin was the last set of power ups, and it was just a banana. Good thing I the race was good. Came first still

I like what they did to Wario Stadium DS, I can see where the original track is, but some pieces look entirely new, I love the anti grav section in particular, swapping that narrow snaking corridor for it. But for Wario Stadium 64 maybe have that large jump over the track a glider section is the only change I'd make making it a bit more dependant on player control to cross over, possibly make some of the more curved walls (like the outside ones) anti grav sections (like on toads turnpike) to offer the chance for anti grav boosts. But that's about it.

My combo so far is the standard bike with slim wheels and standard glider , I like my bikes to look nice and I haven't really unlocked any other bikes :P sometimes I use the bowser glider though

And I totally agree on Rainbow Road, it's an excellent track to race on and after doing quite a few races on it I really do like it, but I was expecting so much more from an anti grav rainbow road! More like the Mario Circuit with full on upside down racing.

I was thinking, should we have a separate thread for Mario Kart TV? I thought it would be a good idea so this one doesn't get flooded by videos.

My combination is Pipe Frame (Classic Karts fuck yeah) Cyber Slick Wheels and the Aeroplane glider with Peach, and for higher race classes I use Pink Gold Peach so I have a higher top speed and heavier so the shitty AI can't knock me about.

I really do like MK8, but there's so much that frustrates me with the experience that every time I play I come away angry lmao.

Fav tracks are

Mario Circuit

Wario Stadium DS

Electrodome

Rainbow road 64

Worst tracks for me are

Bone dry Ruins

Donut Plains

Dry Dry Desert

Moo Moo Meadows 

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually find bikes to be more manageable. Especially on courses that involve a lot of tight corners. It's a pain to drift and collect coins at the same time though.

I don't like how the Sport Bike drifts. Feels very awkward how it doesn't turn sharply at first and then does after a little while.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's called inside drifting and all sports bikes do it, theres a second delay before it goes into reverse drifting, literally hugs tight corners amazingly but is hard to get the timing down.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually find bikes to be more manageable. Especially on courses that involve a lot of tight corners. It's a pain to drift and collect coins at the same time though.

Well the direct revealed that Bokes are better for courses with a lot of turns, but kart are better for those with long straights, like Mario Kart Stadium. They are about equal really. Saying that I prefer bikes too, but I will play as the standard kart at times, better than Wii where I used bikes exclusively.

I want to know what the RV strengths are though.

A track that disappointed me was Toad's Turnpike. There's no point in taking the anti gravity route as it's the slowest route and the track is way too wide. Despite the killer music the track is rather dull for the most part barring the points where you can drive up the truck and glide to land on the buses.

One thing I really dislike about modern Mario Kart in general is that they don't display your time in any form outside of Time Trial mode anymore.  When you have a super close finish I want to know EXACTLY how close it was in 100ths of seconds.  =C

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

I can't understand why they don't. IN fact, I can't understand why the race has to end the very second you cross the finish line. MK64 and MKSC would hold out  for a short while, allowing the CPU drivers to finish in their own time, which game some more accurate results. I was stripped of a gold on Mirror Special Cup earlier cause of this. Right near the end of the race I hit Baby Peach with a shell and I managed to come first. There's no way she would have come second if the race had continued cause other racers were pretty much neck-in-neck with her, but because it ended right away she was put in second and the points worked out in such a way that she still got Gold.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the reason they scrapped the time as part of the GP's was because it no longer affects your ranking.

Stupid, but true.

As to my thoughts, I'm loving it. I'll keep it brief though.

I'm probably one of the few people who likes the new battle mode, but it does feel a little underwhelming.

The racing itself is top notch, but the item balance now feels a little cheap.

The gliders, I've noticed, now feel nerfed. But that is a good thing. It stops people using speed glide tricks like in 7.

Everything now feels more smooth. Online transitions well, the versus mode gives a lot of good options for races.

Team versus now has all items affect any racer again, except for field items, meaning the most devastating item becomes lightning if there are a number of the opposite team trailing you.

The music and tracks in general are top notch, and I think this will become number one in the series for me.

And one question. Does the grip stat affect drifting and cornering? As I've been swapping out different parts I've noticed that the higher the grip stat, the better I drift.

Sorry guys in really confused,

Going to try to get online tonight but... Which one do I use? Now there are two I'm not really sure which to use for racing and which to use for ranking in the tourney?

Donut plains is nice and simple. Usually the SNES tracks are the ones were you can mostly focus on your drifting skills without the over the top hazards. Boring? No.

Trying to play the tournament, play against some members, they just keep Quitting at the mid race. smh.

How do tournaments work in this? I see the Community option from 7 is gone, do these work in anywhere near the same way?

I love how your drifting tracks persistently stay on the road. It's the little things which just makes this game awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wish there was a little extra something when getting all 3 star rank. Still had my fun though.