Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3: A Space Odyssey. June 10 [9:30 AM PDT/ 5:30 PM BST]

Carbo

HOLD UP!

At the start of the conference... during the whole 'We're improving Xbox Gold by giving you 2 games' didn't they also say it would carry over to Xbox One...

So not only will you have a high price tag, games you don't own... but the playing online will also be a paid thing?

Surely if it were free to play online they would have announced it since it's one hell of a selling point?

Kind of a bland presentation.  I suppose I'm grateful that it was straightup game talk without a ton of feature fluff or stupid dance numbers, but it was more of a showcase than a press conference.   By that standard, there were some interesting games, but the best ones aren't console exclusive.  You have five months Microsoft.  Impress me.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

I'll admit that there's quite a few games that interested me here, but for the first time, I still don't want to get a system simply because of all the BS going on with the system itself. I wish that they would have taken some time to address that, they didn't.

And $499 at launch? No thank you. I got other things to buy and other things to get.

Edited by Zen YoshiUnity

Wait, Panzer Dragoon is on Xbox One? Wow, Microsoft. WOW. You really tried hard. Why did you shoot yourselves in the foot several times beforhand?

Its entitled Crimson Dragon and it looks to be the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon. Luckily they have they guy behind Panzer Dragoon so its all good.

Feel free to correct Crow since he's always drunk.

Edited by Lord Raptor

Thank God.

LOL. Yeah, that would have been a disaster. XD

Best part of the conference: The screw up of the Battlefield 4 presentation HANDS DOWN. I was laughing my head off at that moment. I mean, it was all happening LIVE!

If we convert the US price into pounds, shouldn't it be £420? That seems a bit odd...

Product prices aren't made just by using currency converters.

You know what they probably did, now that I think about it, was take the "converted" 500 euro price tag and then change that to pounds.

-Dead Rising, Panzer Dragoon and Titan Fall are exclusive on Xbone, and I still don't wish to purchase one at all

Actually TitanFall isn't even exclusive from what I hear. It's supposed to be on 360 and PC as well. And apparently Major Nelson said that MGSV was an exclusive.

So yeah, I'm calling bullshit on what is apparently an exclusive and what isn't.

Actually TitanFall isn't even exclusive from what I hear. It's supposed to be on 360 and PC as well. And apparently Major Nelson said that MGSV was an exclusive.

So yeah, I'm calling bullshit on what is apparently an exclusive and what isn't.

It's a Microsoft console exclusive.

Overall Impressions: Sunset Overdrive perked my ears due to its stylistic choices, although enemy overload in the trailer gave me worries about the combat. I'm sorry, but horde games like that are boring, hence why Dead Rising was never going to be a thing for me anyway.

Crimson Dragon looks fun in a throwback kind of way. It's a blatant successor to Panzer, and I'm glad about that.

Titanfall looks amazing. Modern Warfare gameplay has been samey because it works. The formula is just inherently fun. Throwing mechs on top of it just makes it better, although I echo Carbo's sentiment that they could certainly do more things with them (flight, please? You already have jet packs and double-jumping in there).

Killer Instinct was a nice little dropped bomb, hilarious almost.

Project Spark looks like it has potential and made me turn my head when the trolls gathered warships, although I don't care much about level creator/physics exercises. Might be good for what it is but not for me.

Forza and Halo are reliable mainstays; both good franchises.

No interest in Ryse; looks like generic Roman action. Apes too much from God of War to be given a fair shake.

Also, does anyone know what the hell Quantam Break is supposed to be? They've hyped it up with the last two trailers and have shown nothing except time travel, I guess. This is supposed to be an exclusive IP. What is it???

But ultimately, the overall game line-up was solid enough although naturally soured by the controversy (and ridiculously atrocious fucking price-point) of the console itself. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel some really good stuff was forced into a lose-lose situation, half of which was just based on whether or not they were exclusive to the console or not. The conference itself wasn't the absolute cringefest it was last year with the overwhelming focus on Kinect and live performances from Usher, but tech errors, misplaced focus on the wrong titles, and awful hosts brought it down. Good games balanced out by this equals an average conference overall.

If we convert the US price into pounds, shouldn't it be £420? That seems a bit odd...

Nope. Not even close. At today's rate $499 = £320.

Edited by Kevin

I liked the conference; all games, as promised. I just don't like how most of them didn't appeal to me. At least Fallout 4 wasn't announced as an exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

MGS was the only game I saw that looked like it was pushing the hardware further than the last gen. Sure a handful of them looked really good, but dear sweat mother of god MGS almost made the rest of the cast look dated... and that's saying something when your stacking it next to Forza and Battlefield games.

A good handful of games in the conference, but I'm a little surprised that MS was mostly silent on some of the problems that have been making the rounds of the internet. The 499 price tag doesn't bother me much either (we knew it was gonna be pricy with Kinect tacked on top of the console) but I am still pretty iffy on the total package. Hopefully the constant stream of interviews we have coming our way over the next 2 days will really help clear some stuff up.

Nope. Not even close. At today's rate $499 = £320.

Oh shit whoops. I meant to hit 3 instead of 4... Fucking typo...

Well I will say I'm a lot more interested in the new Xbox than I was before. They weren't lying when they said they had games to show and a couple of them were ones I would buy. I still think they're way too early on that Halo 5 reveal (or just Halo now because that seems to be the next big fucking fad with naming your product the same as it's first version) and it only shows how desperate they are to push the saying "We have exclusives".

I'm also surprised at the lack of EA sports, CoD, and Kinect; very promising indeed. Though, they definitely didn't answer any of the pressing questions like "How will this always online feature work?" or the issue with used games. Plus, that price tag is definitely not a selling point. Add in those nasty tech hiccups and I'd give this presentation a C/C-. It got me interested but I don't think it was the push they needed.

Also... reading over some of the post during the press conference... I understand some of your complaints (heck, they were some of the same ones I have) but early on it seems like some of you were just dead set on not giving this system a chance. That's totally your opinion, but some of those post (especially around the 1/3rd mark) were just a bit biased to be perfectly honest.

MGS was the only game I saw that looked like it was pushing the hardware further than the last gen. Sure a handful of them looked really good, but dear sweat mother of god MGS almost made the rest of the cast look dated... and that's saying something when your stacking it next to Forza and Battlefield games.

A good handful of games in the conference, but I'm a little surprised that MS was mostly silent on some of the problems that have been making the rounds of the internet. The 499 price tag doesn't bother me much either (we knew it was gonna be pricy with Kinect tacked on top of the console) but I am still pretty iffy on the total package. Hopefully the constant stream of interviews we have coming our way over the next 2 days will really help clear some stuff up.

How much you want to bet that was PS4 footage?

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone excited about Killer Instinct should just stop now, considering that the people that made Silent Hill: Homecoming are apparently making it.

Oh god. I just realized...

What are those poor bastards in Australia going to have to pay for it?

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyone excited about Killer Instinct should just stop now, considering that the people that made Silent Hill: Homecoming are apparently making it.

Carbo beat you to it, but this point bears reiterating.

REMZ!

Also... reading over some of the post during the press conference... I understand some of your complaints (heck, they were some of the same ones I have) but early on it seems like some of you were just dead set on not giving this system a chance. That's totally your opinion, but some of those post (especially around the 1/3rd mark) were just a bit biased to be perfectly honest.

I'm most certainly biased, and will be until they backtrack some of the police-state like features, sorry.

The games all looked good, but the console itself still sounds like an industry nightmare and Microsoft did absolutely nothing to retreat or change any of that over the past few hours.

It should be obvious why people don't want to give this thing a chance. If they are angry at the games, they won't fall victim to hype and buy the system, because they don't want a system of this nature to succeed. That's basically where all the "complaints" come from and they are extremely valid concerns and will continue to be valid until they're changed.

• Thumbs Up 4

Half a packet of cheese flavoured monster munch and their souls.

• Thumbs Up 2