What was awesome:

Crimson Dragoon

Sunset Overdrive

Killer Instinct

No Kinect in sight

Just Videogames 

I can't even remember the rest of the games...much of the same 

Edited by ChikaBoing

How much you want to bet that was PS4 footage?

lol

I wouldn't put it past them. But now my standards for PS4 graphics have been unrealistically inflated.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what is quite hilarious?

Watch the price reveal again... and just keep an eye out for the pause/freeze/wince that the guy does just before he gives the number...

It's like they know it's a stupid price... but they don't want to admit it.

Well, to be fair they said there would be a lot of games at E3, and there most certainly were.

Haven't watched footage myself yet, so will withhold judgement.

Or, just flat out not bother looking at all, because THAT PRICE.

Seriously, Sony, £300 (or $400, whatever), remind everyone you have CoD and Battlefield too, you've pretty much won that easily.

It should be obvious why people don't want to give this thing a chance. If they are angry at the games, they won't fall victim to hype and buy the system, because they don't want a system of this nature to succeed. That's basically where all the "complaints" come from and they are extremely valid concerns and will continue to be valid until they're changed.

You can judge the games on their own merit and stick to your principles about the console's shortcomings and draconian practices. I don't find it all that difficult to separate the software from the hardware.

• Thumbs Up 1

So if you are getting the Xbox One, you are not only paying for the console, but the monthly Gold service and forget about sharing games with friends because the paywall fee is the full price of the game. You are deliberately buying into a bad deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can judge the games on their own merit and stick to your principles about the console's shortcomings and draconian practices. I don't find it all that difficult to separate the software from the hardware.

Which is exactly what I did? I've said multiple times that the games looked good, but I'm still overall displeased with the system.

Even if people think the games look good, they will try to silence their own hype by picking out the game's shortcomings because they don't want to fall into console hype. A lot of that happened in this thread, a lot of people probably won't even deny it.

Like I said, the games look good, but I really don't want the system, so I'm trying not to get too excited about the games for now.

Those games were always going to have the "too bad it's only on the Xbone" qualifier attached.

Not Rare?

It is strange. It's by Hexa Drive or something?

Current Rare only makes sense for casual/colorful type of games

Anyone excited about Killer Instinct should just stop now, considering that the people that made Silent Hill: Homecoming are apparently making it.

...So Microsoft did the smart thing and let other studios work on Rare IP, pick their fighting game ip, and rather than give it to Dimps or Netherealm, they give it to a subpar studio...

How stupid is that?! 

This was fucking depressing. 

Most of the games they showed looked like shit, they couldn't even get their fucking Battlefield 4 showcase to run off the bat.

They didn't even bother to explain why their DRM horse shit is there, and then they go and drop a price of $500 plus the $60 a year you have to pay if you want access to this fucking "cloud".

Microsoft is a shitstain on this industry. I have no respect for anyone who still mindlessly plans on getting this.

• Thumbs Up 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPJ4jyza48

Just announced... uhhh?

By far the best 'announce' trailer I have ever seen.

So if you are getting the Xbox One, you are not only paying for the console, but the monthly Gold service and forget about sharing games with friends because the paywall fee is the full price of the game. You are deliberately buying into a bad deal.

Oh wow you're right! The high cost of the console, and the Gold membership which costs who knows what...

Sony better not have the same price tag on the PS4!

So yes - the aforementioned "old IP" they teased just before the press conference was indeed Kinect Sports Rivals and NOT Killer Instinct.

Also, their show did nothing to attempt to fix their ridiculous console's policies.

Edited by Indigo Rush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPJ4jyza48

Just announced... uhhh?

By far the best 'announce' trailer I have ever seen.

GOD DAMN IT STOP GIVING REBOOTS OF YOUR FRANCHISES THE SAME NAME AS THE ORIGINAL GAME!

• Thumbs Up 2

Let's relive this epic soundless moment from Crimson Dragoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgS8UkpEmH0

0:25 "XBOX Sucks!": That is all what needs to be said about this conference.

HOLY SHIT! Somone does yell that out!

I have no respect for anyone who still mindlessly plans on getting this.

I saw some things I liked, I still want the console eventually (probably not getting it right away and hope that certain issues get ironed out in the meantime). I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about it to take it to such a personal level with people but that's okay if you're gonna judge your respect for people on a video game console then I don't really want your respect anyway rolleyes.gif .

Which is exactly what I did? I've said multiple times that the games looked good, but I'm still overall displeased with the system.

Even if people think the games look good, they will try to silence their own hype by picking out the game's shortcomings because they don't want to fall into console hype. A lot of that happened in this thread, a lot of people probably won't even deny it.

Like I said, the games look good, but I really don't want the system, so I'm trying not to get too excited about the games for now.

I was referring directly to the statement you made concerning how people are treating this conference and not necessarily your particular opinion: that if people are angry at the games themselves, regardless of their quality, they will be less likely to buy the console. Why do people have to down the games- the very games they said the console needed in the first place to make it somewhat of a better sale- in order to not buy the console? It's almost irrational. I mean, if you don't like the hardware, then just don't get the hardware. xP

Those games were always going to have the "too bad it's only on the Xbone" qualifier attached.

That's pretty much what I'm arguing. Being exclusive to a console that no one wants is a shitty deal for the games' success, but at the same it's not inherently saying anything about the quality of those games themselves anyway. In general though, I just feel like this is a good line-up that is being shat on by proxy of the console being showcased today, which is made further ironic because people were saying the dang console needed a good line-up. Meh, what are you gonna do? xP

• Thumbs Up 3

GOD DAMN IT STOP GIVING REBOOTS OF YOUR FRANCHISES THE SAME NAME AS THE ORIGINAL GAME!

Tornadojet?

Fucking really?

• Thumbs Up 6

Let's relive this epic soundless moment from Crimson Dragoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgS8UkpEmH0

0:25 "XBOX Sucks!": That is all what needs to be said about this conference.

Top Comment: "No sound. Must be DLC."

That guy owes me a new laptop. I just spat soda all over it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh wow you're right! The high cost of the console, and the Gold membership which costs who knows what...

Your sums are wrong.

Price of the console + The gold membership - the TV stuff the US gets + the TV add on pack you have to buy when it eventually does go live + 1 game = the price of your console.

And thats without bringing into it the fact that the current conversion is completely off.

• Thumbs Up 4