Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3: A Space Odyssey. June 10 [9:30 AM PDT/ 5:30 PM BST]

Carbo

Ok well the conference was good and the games look good.

But they didn't address any of the console's concerns (obviously)

If anything I'm just more irritated now that it's getting good exclusives that people will buy it for and it'll be successul. Please beat this Sony.

Also.. since when did "brown = real" become a thing again? Jesus christ industry I thought we were over this.

Well... At least there were no Kinect games... Right?

though I needed a good laugh from a kinect presentation...

So yeah, I'm not sold on this. Aside from a few games, nothing really wowed me.

Bring on Sony and Nintendo.

Well I'ma, gonna go make a sandwich for lunch.

So I can be full of bologna just like Microsoft!

Heh, I admit, I lol'd. That was so much better than "Rock and Roll" (Hurr Hurr)
Edited by Mr. Mayhem!

This could pretty much be summed with all the games that looked intereting....

ALSO WHERE THE FUCK WAS RARE!?!?!

Microsoft decided on a less Kinect-heavy conference this year, so there was no reason for Rare to show up.

• Thumbs Up 7

$499? Jesus Christ! That's going to be a hard sell.

€499 = $661

£429 = $668

Wowwwwwww.

WTF? Why is it that in 2013 companies can't do a proper currency conversion when pricing things?

Edited by Kevin

Yes, and that's why they're giving it to the developers who made Silent Hill Homecoming.

Sorry but not even Killer Instinct is making me excited. Fuck Microsoft.

Whoa, wait. Really? Wow? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. wowowowowowow.

Microsoft decided on a less Kinect-heavy conference this year, so there was no reason for Rare to show up.

This fucking hurts my heart.

• Thumbs Up 3

So Sunset Overdrive is the only thing that truly interested me out of all that I think, that was exclusive anyways. There were some cool things with other games, but that was the only one I found myself going "aw man" about. That price announcement was ridiculous, and even I felt uncomfortable for that BF4 fiasco (but oh god was it hilarious haha).

Well with Xbone's hand pretty much fully played now, definitely not the system for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Titan Fall looks fucking awesome!!!!!!! Man I gotta say this conference was great! Not bad Microsoft, not bad at all.

So that was underwhelming. Only 3 games of their 14 exclusive Ips interested me and one was just a trailer from Insomniac so that might not be how the game plays anyways.

All I can say is what the fuck was that shit? 

ಠ_ಠ   I wasn't expecting much, but that was just insulting.

So after two conferences, we still know nothing about Quantum Break as a game. But what they ARE pitching is "a new grounbreaking emotional storytelling device" or whatever and that it basically wants to be a movie.

Is this bugging anybody else?

• Thumbs Up 1

Was impressed over all by the games, except for a few too many shooters, but not impressed with the price. 

Metal Gear, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Panzer Dragoon, Titan Fall and the Streaming. Thats about all I cared for, but..

-Metal Gear is Multiplat

-Dead Rising, Panzer Dragoon and Titan Fall are exclusive on Xbone, and I still don't wish to purchase one at all

-Streaming thing is also on PS4

-Killer Instinct is made by Double Helix who made Silent Hill Homecoming, and Homecoming was Fucking Terrible

so basically, yes, Microsoft did win me over but instantly I found way to be turned off by it, so there's that.

Ryse was the only game which I really felt like I could want really badly, though it did strike me that it was probably an MS equivalent of God of War. Nothing else interested me; Spark looked okay (clearly a LBP equivalent), Titanfall looked alright, sort of like Avatar meets CoD and Halo. BF4 was boring, very predictable, Dead Rising 3 looked like an okay take on the quickly tiring Zombie genre, but other than that it was a big fat bucket of MEH.

It's funny how I just minimize the window broadcasting the conference and all I hear is PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM!

But Microsoft surprised me regardless of that. No Call of Duty, no Kinectimals and funny Kinect games, all they showed was shooter games with a few sparkles of action adventure.

Apart from Project Spark (which is coming to Windows 8, and I got Windows 8 yay me!) and maybe Killer Instinct, all the games they showed were boring to me. And that price.

LOL. Dat price. And to have Gold subscription as well...gee, good luck Microsoft, you're gonna need it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, Panzer Dragoon is on Xbox One? Wow, Microsoft. WOW. You really tried hard. Why did you shoot yourselves in the foot several times beforhand?

The only real interesting things for me was that MAX game, the sorta unoficial confirmation MGS5 is coming to the PS4 (how ironic is that!) and... urm.... that was about it.

Sorry but, Dead Rising 3 is a blatent tech demo/level which isn't running live, the final game will look nothing like that. It used features which really can be done ingame.

RySE = boring as hell.

Project Spark = nice idea... too bad so many other games have this already as a feature.

Project Titan = Looks great... but I don't care, your console is over priced.

They had to win me back by providing details on their online service, their DRM policy, the stuff I care about, and they didn't, yet said it would cost me over £400 and expect me to do a happy dance.

NO!

• Thumbs Up 1

Panzer Dragoon really surprised me. I honestly cannot think what it contributes to the system.

Wow, I thought the conference would be bad, but it had some good games :)  Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Titanfall, Crimson Dragoon, and Killer Instinct all looked very impressive and very interesting. 

Still, with all the used game crap Microsoft is doing, I just cannot support the console as it currently is.

Isn't funny how Microsoft is now ripping of Sonys  Playstation Plus service :)

This wasn't an awful conference, but it doesn't make me want to get the console at all. The price is a HUGE factor, but also the games. Most of the games that were shown which I was interested in; Sunset Overdrive, Crimson Dragon, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Halo 5...all trailers! Also, there were games here which are going to be on other consoles as well. And no Mirror's Edge 2 made me a Sad Panda. Well, next up is the EA conference. They might show it there...

Overall, a mediocre conference with two technical problems and nothing that interested me enough to get the Xbone, though I don't think I was going to anyway! Oh and thank God for no Kinect games! That really surprised me.

If we convert the US price into pounds, shouldn't it be £320? That seems a bit odd...

Overall, I was giving that to be the Xbox One's last chance. No sale, for me. It seems as if the PS4 and Wii U have all those features, and more. I've kept up with every Generation, I've bought each companies console each time, but I think I draw the the line at the One...

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor