Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3: A Space Odyssey. June 10 [9:30 AM PDT/ 5:30 PM BST]

Carbo

Probably so, because as I already noted: 1.) Men can rape men, and 2.) Rape and all of its suggestions are prominent in competitive gaming scenes which are male dominated. This doesn't mean casual usage of the term rape is suddenly okay, especially during a conference which is being heavily scrutinized by the media unlike your generic online match in the privacy of your home. 

Overall, I don't see any outrage, at least on this forum. People are merely noting he made a stupid remark. That's not outrage, that's just more finger-pointing in a sea of it.

Eh I suppose, I just honestly didn't find it funny or offensive. Maybe I'm a soulless asshole after all ohmy.png

Also, I laugh at that idiot who was saying "you have a fight stick" so the fuck what, pad warriors exist yo!

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, just now I managed to read this entire thread since I couldn't watch the presentation live. And it seems that I didn't miss anything. The only thing that surprised me was this Crimson Dragon game. I know that it's made by the same guy from Panzer Dragoon, so that's cool. But a part of me is hoping to see a SEGA Panzer Dragoon on the other platforms just for the lols.

And that price, roflmao. This will be the PS3 all over again around here at release date. At least R$4000.

Eh I suppose, I just honestly didn't find it funny or offensive. Maybe I'm a soulless asshole after all ohmy.png

Well, I don't find it funny or (personally) offensive either. Just idiotic. xP

Scratch three info reveals that CBOAT got right.

The only thing so far that hasn't ringed true is Mirror's Edge 2 appearing. Wonder if it's saved for EA's.

Still sounds increasingly likely http://www.destructoid.com/possible-mirror-s-edge-2-details-255857.phtml

Don't be silly.

There are no female gamers.

I know you were jokin' but females make up almost 50% of the gaming demographic, which makes the industry's complete ignorance of how to appeal to them even more concerning.

Edited by SuperLink

Don't be silly.

There are no female gamers.

It was Microsoft who came up with this PR lovely stunt, as I recall:

funny-pictures-auto-441451.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

I know you were jokin' but females make up almost 50% of the gaming demographic, which makes the industry's complete ignorance of how to appeal to them even more concerning.

yes, I was just having fun. I am well aware that females make up a sizable chunk. However I was under the impression that the number was closer to 40%... where did the 50-50 split statistic come from?

yes, I was just having fun. I am well aware that females make up a sizable chunk. However I was under the impression that the number was closer to 40%... where did the 50-50 split statistic come from?

I was guestimating, I know it's higher than 40% but lower than 50%, but either way it's extremely considerable and more-or-less half, it could easily be 50-50 if the industry wasn't so awful with its treatment of females.

It was Microsoft who came up with this PR lovely stunt, as I recall:

funny-pictures-auto-441451.jpeg

The fuck is this? D:>

I believe the gap was crossed due to casual gaming on mobile devices and the Wii, as well as engaging in the games their children play. Simply because my mom plays crappy puzzle games and farm sims, she is thus a female gamer.

The fuck is this? D:>

I believe the gap was crossed due to casual gaming on mobile devices and the Wii, as well as engaging in the games their children play. Simply because my mom plays crappy puzzle games and farm sims, she is thus a female gamer.

I knew something was off about that statistic.

That explains it, I suppose.

When my brother plays crappy puzzle games and farm sims, is he a female gamer too?

Rare is too busy making Kinect Sports Rivals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDX1Jqnfww

Wii Sports Resort as you truly imagined it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rare is too busy making Kinect Sports Rivals:

Now if that ain't a kick in the balls.

Rare IP gets outsourced, Rare makes yet another Kinect game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I knew something was off about that statistic.

That explains it, I suppose.

When my brother plays crappy puzzle games and farm sims, is he a female gamer too?

No, he's a casual fucktard that's ruining the industry! DDDDD:<

For people who want an actual statistic, here ya go: http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp

The stat is actually 47% of all gamers are female, but note that this is about a year old so it could've moved a little bit. Either way, gender demographics are far more even now. xD

EDIT: No seriously, the avatars are throwing me off.

I bet Sony wishes there was a Microsoft conference every day.

So urm... we all seem to have missed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P75YQHFnyKY

Rape jokes are funny right? Is it a rape joke? Is it? Yes? No? I can sorta see why people are thinking that but...? Well?

I kinda noticed when I heard "Just let it happen. It'll be over soon."

I DON'T CARE WHAT FIGHTING IS FUCKING ABOUT!!

WHERE ARE THE GAMES GOD DAMMIT!!??

Microsoft "Xbox Live Gold" members can now enjoy 2 games a month for FREE.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-new-xbox-360-model-revealed

(also new model yay)

Supposedly, a rep said these games are free to keep even after your sub is over. That's pretty nifty.

Edit: Also on the whole 'rape' joke

Neogaf users seem to agree on "BULLSHIT" on connecting it to anything serious and I agree. The performance was still shit though.

Edited by Autosaver

I'm gonna try to say the following as mild as I can: after watching this, the smile I have from Sonic's exclusivity on Nintendo consoles got bigger.

Let's say this deal didn't exist... If SEGA announced an upcoming, exclusive Sonic title to Xbone, I would seriously cry out of hurt.

Edit: With that said, I have yet to see Sony's presentation (obviously) to really hit the nail on the coffin about this.

Edited by tenchibr

I'm gonna try to say the following as mild as I can: after watching this, the smile I have from Sonic's exclusivity on Nintendo consoles got bigger.

Let's say this deal didn't exist... If SEGA announced an upcoming, exclusive Sonic title to Xbone, I would seriously cry out of hurt.

Edit: With that said, I have yet to see Sony's presentation (obviously) to really hit the nail on the coffin about this.

This, I cater to my sonic needs everytime sega announces a new one but if they announced it as an xbox one exclusive, I would have cried all night.

Can somebody please give me a brief rundown of the conference please? I was at work when it happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can somebody please give me a brief rundown of the conference please? I was at work when it happened.

Ill have what he's having.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22848625

Skip to 2:15 to hear Don Mattrick talk about the price...

You can actually see him shake his head in a 'no' motion when he says 'It's great value.'

His reponce to the question about used games policy?

"Well our publishers like it."