Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

My god, are you people blind? Nobody notices the freaking checkerboard patterns plastered everywhere? How can you say this doesn't look like a Sonic game with all the checkerboards?

xD I just had to

Firstly, yes.

Secondly,

YES.

MarioHillZone_zpsad66d383.png

I

StoneCycloneGalaxy.png

DO, GOOD SIR. XD

Edited by SKANKFUNK
  • Thumbs Up 1

The IGN interview, along with Desert Ruins.

IGN's interview.

They said Wind Hill and Desert Ruins

Ninja'd x2

Oh right, I missed that... Iizuka trying to sneak those in.

Woah, wait. Where did that name come from?

28022soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12Also, anyone else digging these afterimages for the wall-running thing?

Well, not to make any more Mario Galaxy comparisons, but,

supermariogalaxy2007101.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, not to make any more Mario Galaxy comparisons, but,

supermariogalaxy2007101.jpg

Damn Rainbow Star, completely forgot about that.

(After images were Sonic's thing first.

They were Sonic's thing for a long time before they were Mario's)

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's just more the fact that they're not just afterimages but sparkly rainbow afterimages XD

Reminds me more of Hyper Sonic, really. Super Emeralds confirmed.

The after images are cool but they look kinda silly in screenshots, for obvious reasons, haha

Since it seems the levels to be in the sky i don't see how it can be something different. Of course judging that from only Wind Hill.

They later stages might be on the ground

I'm hoping, it was worrying enough in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the windy and space stages...

Oh god, the space stages x_x Frickin scary sometimes.

Reminds me more of Hyper Sonic, really. Super Emeralds confirmed.

The after images are cool but they look kinda silly in screenshots, for obvious reasons, haha

Watch the fanbase blow up, if that was true.

Excuse me for being retarded. Obvious reasons?

Well generally speaking an after image effect is meant to be seen in motion. Maybe it's just me but the screenshots of the effect are strangely amusing, like Sonic is being chased by weird looking doppelgangers.

Then again it's 6 in the morning and everything is funny when you just woke up :P

Yep it was:

Sonic_Boost_Mode.jpg

It was also in Sonic Advance 2, Rush and Rush Adventure...and they all came before Galaxy. As for the sparkles, yeah that resembles Rainbow Mario a lot more though.

Edited by KrazyBean

I just realized another thing. When you wallrun can you actually jump off the wall, land on the opposite wall and continue running on it? Kind of like the wall jump in Sonic Heroes.

Edited by KrazyBean

The only thing that has me pretty concerned is the tube motif. If every 3D level is a giant tube-thing, I will be extremely disappointed. I want some open space to explore ala City Escape Act 2.

28017soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12Judging from this one screenshot, it doesn't look 100% tubes.

Or you could go all the way back to Sonic 3 & Knuckles and say Hyper Sonic had them.

I wish I could feel relieved, but that looks like 2.5D and not 3D

I suppose, yeah, but I could've sworn I've seen some "square-based" platforming in the trailer.

I wish I could feel relieved, but that looks like 2.5D and not 3D

Some of the game has to be in 3D. Or that would make the Planetoid like designs for the levels redundant.

Although I do see where you're coming from. The trailer did make it seem a bit "one track" at times.

Edited by Blue On The Run

My guess is the first Zone is square-based because it's simple and easy to grab the game basics from that kind of layout, I'm sure that once we see more of the game there will be a bigger variety of environments and stage gimmicks. The best uses of game design always use the game's layout and environment to teach the player, so starting simple and making the course obvious is the best way to do that.

Besides, didn't IGN say that Dusty Ruin 1 and 2 both had different sort of stage designs? If the whole game is like that with each level trying something totally new, we could really be in for a treat. I love it when games do that, you think you've seen everything and then in every new level it finds a new way to make you smile, it'd be amazing if LW did that too.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

New image on IGN of cake-desert level (spoilered for size):

layercakedesert.jpg

I hate you so much. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

layercakedesert.jpg

Damn you Blue Blood :(

layercakedesert.jpg

Were it not for the little Mushroom house, i'd probably have believed you.

Edited by Wordy

Hey guys, I heard they're changing Sonic in this new game. 

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

What the hell is this?

320px-Speedhighway.png

It's no longer cartoony and stylized.

This is bullshit. Don't even try to troll me. Sa has it's fair share of surreal stuff and besides.. Show me another Sonic game that is THIS in yer face cartoony. Please, do!

the Lost World has an excuse for looking much different because it's not Sonic's world

I will tell you the REAL reason why this looks like that. Because of Nintendo. It has nothing to do with alien planets and other crap. Colors looks AMAZING, much better and much prettier and that was on a previous gen console, which is not even an HD console.

They will probably go back to the old artstyle once they make the next main game and have it take place on Sonic's world. I see no reason to worry.

If I'd hear that from any official representative, I would stop complaining this second. Unfortunately something tells me Sonic is now bound to have this overly cartoony style with the graphics inferior to previous games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will tell you the REAL reason why this looks like that. Because of Nintendo. It has nothing to do with alien planets and other crap. Colors looks AMAZING, much better and much prettier and that was on a previous gen console, which is not even an HD console.

​Er, Nintendo didn't have much influence. They just funded and got an exclusivity deal.......................

If I'd hear that from any official representative, I would stop complaining this second. Unfortunately something tells me Sonic is now bound to have this overly cartoony style with the graphics inferior to previous games.

Not every Sonic game's gonna have the same artstyle. It makes sense for them to change it the style a bit for this game: again it's an alien world. 

sonic-cd-3-o.gif

Sorry...I couldn't resist...

A screenshot please. I don't think CD is THIS cartoony. And your picture. If anything, that's anime.

Also, I thought you all wanted more freedom in Sonic games and more exploration. This looks like there will be lots of corridors in a restricted territory flying over a bottomless pit. Yeah, this is what freedom of movement looks like!

BTW let's take a quick look at your (and my) beloved classic games, Sonic's roots.

This is SO cartoony and so over the top! SUCH simplistic design! Oh my God.

deathegg22.png320px-DeathEggLavaReef.png

300px-Knuckles_Chaotix_Final_Boss.PNGdoomsday3.png

GENESIS--Sonic%20and%20Knuckles%20%20Sondeatheggboss2.png

Edited by ArtFenix