Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

Why can't this level have different trees?

Also Emerald Hill was basically another take on Green Hill and it had puffy bushes. Also this level is obviously inspired by Green Hill, but it's not identical. Different trees (both in species and shape) are one of the ways it differentiates itself.
If their pupose was to differentiate from past Sonic games, they really overdid it. These trees emit "Mario vibe" like nothing else.
  • Thumbs Up 1

If their pupose was to differentiate from past Sonic games, they really overdid it.

By changing the trees from angular to puffy.

...it's almost as if you are trying to be the most ridiculous strawman.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope they at least release a DLC giving us Tails and Knuckles as playable characters (tails plays like sonic, but flies and runs a bit slower. Knuckles plays like sonic, but runs a bit slower and jumps a bit less high, but can glide and wall climb)

For everyone freaking out about "highway in the sky" levels:

"Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down." - SEGA.com

...unless the vast underground tunnels are included in the colossal structures in the sky deal.

Edited by The Sunheart
  • Thumbs Up 2

For everyone freaking out about "highway in the sky" levels:

...unless the vast underground tunnels are included in the colossal structures in the sky deal.

I have a feeling that the vast underground tunnels are included in the colossal structures in the sky.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a feeling that the vast underground tunnels are included in the colossal structures in the sky.

This much should be pretty obvious. I think this game is highway in the sky done right, but still. lol and agreed.

I'm antsy for more gameplay, if not only to see how they handle this without watching Sonic in motion at all times + crazy camera shenanigans.

Also, still really unhappy with the fact that this may all be in the sky (resident not-a-fan-of-Galaxy guy :'V ) but like said, I hope its not every level and that if it is then that they do it in a way that doesn't become stale or too linear. Plus, I hope all the slopes aren't made null and void due to the gravity gimmick. D:

Thanks to how nice it looks in motion + spindash-boost + parkour though, I can't really help myself still being optimistic. LOL

Edited by Azookara

I don't get the Unleashed one...
I think the implication is that Unleashed is linear (like Secret Rings) and the gameplay is basically Rush 3D.

Technically the were in Gens, and the implementation in that game generally left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth can't say I blame them.

I hope to god that nobody is basing their opinion of Wisps based off Gens. Gens was terrible. They wanted to focus on the wisps and it was terrible. Forced for 90% of the level unlike the Colors attitude of "Optional, but sometimes you may have to use it for 10 seconds".

Edit: For that picture, Sonic Gens should be replaced with Sonic Colors. Wisps and scaled down boost.

Edited by Autosaver

Bloom is a horrible way to hide how graphics really look in a game. They oversaturate it to make it look better, but it's just so bland. Every screenshot I see of this game, the objects just pop out. When I look at Gens or Unleashed (Good looking as they are), I see muddy colors with a lot of bloom.

• Thumbs Up 6

Or they're just reusing assets.

they wouldn't reuse assets of an old cancelled Saturn game in 2013. It's either a reference of a coincidence. 

I hope to god that nobody is basing their opinion of Wisps based off Gens. Gens was terrible. They wanted to focus on the wisps and it was terrible. Forced for 90% of the level unlike the Colors attitude of "Optional, but sometimes you may have to use it for 10 seconds".

"Forcing" the Wisps wouldn't be an issue if they were inherently great to play as. The trouble with Gens' Wisps wasn't that they were prominent. It's that they're basically copied wholesale from Colors which...didn't do a lot of awesome things with them.

they wouldn't reuse assets of an old cancelled Saturn game in 2013. It's either a reference of a coincidence. 

More than likely a coincidence.

The Wisps in Generations are no different than in Colors. They're just as painfully redundant and boring to use.

More than likely a coincidence.

Or you maybe you know someone at the Art team is actually aware of Sonic X-treme...

Or you maybe you know someone at the Art team is actually aware of Sonic X-treme...

That's true, I guess. Could be a cameo I guess.

The Wisps in Generations are no different than in Colors. They're just as painfully redundant and boring to use.

Obviously how the functioned and how they were implemented in the level design was no different at all, that's why nearly everyone hated them in Gens while they're were seen as mostly tolerable in Colors, right?

• Thumbs Up 8

I honestly think that the Sonic X-Treme references are just a homage (from a sneaky bastard in the Team) and Mario Galaxy was their main inspiration. Somehow I feel like Iizuka just remembers X-Treme as that game that Naka's Night's engine was used without his permission.

I hope someone asks him in the next interview about it though.