Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

THAT'S RIGHT.  WARIO HAS A HEART.  ONE THAT MOURNS FOR HIS BELOVED PIKMIN CHILDREN THAT FALL IN BATTLE.

Oh man, I can only imagine your reaction to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjqAzqqAvaY

Pikmin better get to avenge their fallen brothers and sisters in the next Smash Bros.

CAPTAIN FALCON! Your death is near!

Pikmin better get to avenge their fallen brothers and sisters in the next Smash Bros.

CAPTAIN FALCON! Your death is near!

FALCOOOON MAN-SLAUGHTER!

• Thumbs Up 3

Has this been posted? (Sorry if it has.)

Gtxizbn.jpg

It's a screen of the description of Nintendo's leaked YouTube video, which was quickly removed. It's Wii U games from the E3 Direct. What do you guys think?

(Editted the picture in the post. Sorry about the link before, I was on my mobile and the extra stuff above the writing section wasn't showing up...)

My God.

Joker was right!

e4d82ef5045c8442ac9437f29505ab0d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I kinda hope that thing's fake? I mean, I know the new Zelda, Mario and Smash will be cool, but everyone is expecting them and Retro's game. What about something else or something new for 3DS? Or what about the third party support, where is it? No exclusives at all? I'd have thought Nintendo would be extremely eager to get third party support for this NDirect, heck even confirm some big multiplat games are coming to Wii U! CoD Ghosts? Castle of Illusion? GTAV? We've known about ACIV and Watch Dogs for forever, come on Nintendo this isn't gonna make anyone feel better about third party support at all.

If that list is the long and short of it, I'm not expecting anyone to come away from Nintendo impressed with the showing. They could easily be doing a lot more to restore peoples' faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

the third party thing is probably a trailer of upcoming ones.

A trailer isn't enough to highlight the importance of things like GTAV and CoD, Nintendo wouldn't focus on AC or WatchDogs unless they had no other third party games to show. :c

If it's anything like last time they may release a 3rd party montage AFTER.

A trailer isn't enough to highlight the importance of things like GTAV and CoD, Nintendo wouldn't focus on AC or WatchDogs unless they had no other third party games to show. :c

Unless those are the two biggest third party games of the year, and the others in the pipeline are due next year, which will no doubt be the focus of a future ND broadcast or of one of the third party conferences at/around E3.

Unless those are the two biggest third party games of the year, and the others in the pipeline are due next year, which will no doubt be the focus of a future ND broadcast or of one of the third party conferences at/around E3.

I'd like to believe that. I'm definitely worried about 3rd party support especially if this is all they have to show at their "big E3 NDirect".

I imagine that the "New Super Smash Bros." is simply that.

It's the new Super Smash Brothers game.  They want the name to stay a secret or they don't have one yet.

Nope, it's a Smash Bros game where every character is a different coloured Toad and the visuals are very plastic and it reverts to the game mechanics of the very first Smash Bros without any intention making the game bigger and more ambitional than its predecessor. Also unlike the predecessor Yoshi can only be used in some stages and if you complete absolutely everything in the game the only new content you unlock is the ability to take off your character's hat.

Soundtrack with now more 'bah bahs!'

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 2

Considering how the 3rd parties treat Nintendo these days, I think we'll be lucky see anything from anyone who isn't directly friends with Nintendo. I also wouldn't be surprised if MS get first dibs on showcasing something like CoD in their announcements.

Edited by EuroMIX

Rumored is Pacman, which isn't too far-fetched. Namco is making this game AND Namco partners with the Arcade Mario Kart games.

I personally would not want Pacman.

"THAT CHERRY-CHASING DOT-MUNCHER ISN'T EVEN PART OF THE GAME!"

If we didn't already know that all this great stuff was going to be shown at E3 and it all ended up a surprise, I think it's safe to say it would have easily been regarded Nintendo's best E3 showing, like, ever. The only thing that remotely can take the wind out of Ninty's sails now is the fact that we already know what to expect, which, frankly, doesn't bother me in the least.

Even if that list is the entirety of what we can expect at E3, that's still an amazing showing that has me chomping at the bit to learn more. I think it's safe to say this is gonna be a doozy, folks.

We've got to remember about that list, the video was listed as Wii U games, which implies there's a second video for 3DS games. Nintendo must have quite a long Direct to squeeze all this in, and they have the X and Y thing too, but that's not being filmed, is it?

Edit: Well with Hogfather's recent post, never mind, I guess...

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

I did think it was a bit suspect. I wouldn't mind what they listed though and would find it relatively realistic in what to expect.

Colour me pretty relieved, thanks Hoggy!

I did think it would be easy to fake, just not that easy I spose.

I did think it was a bit suspect. I wouldn't mind what they listed though and would find it relatively realistic in what to expect.

which is why we didnt question it as much as we should have

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I'm kinda relieved too, honestly. The time slots looked a bit iffy and some games seemed like they'd have been rushed over, looking at Sonic, WatchDogs, Assassin's Creed IV and an upcoming heavily anticipated game like Smash Bros should have had longer than that. That, and I've just noticed that the video is called "Wii U games" yet has "Upcoming 3DS" games listed, which Nintendo is unlikely to do...

• Thumbs Up 2