Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

I really enjoyed Super Mario 3D Land, it was tons of fun and the final stage of the entire game rivals SMG2's Grandmaster Galaxy in difficulty. It's one of my favourite Mario games, and it's so much better than Sunshine (yeah, I went there). Comparing it to the NSMB games is a bloody outrage! XP

• Thumbs Up 2

I loved 3D land as well. The game was in essense the love child of almost everything fans loved from a mario game. The 3D style gameplay of the 3D titles with the straight-forward non-mission platforming of the 2D ones. The level designs were fantastic and there were plenty of them to go around. I would wholeheartedly accept another Mario game that follow's 3D land's footstep.

And I'll say this, that game had possibly one of the best Final Boss Bowser Boss Fights of the series. I'll take that one over Galaxy 2's any day!

Also, while I would appreicate a little more story in Mario titles -- doesn't have to be big, something on the lines of what the originial Galaxy did would do me just fine -- I at least appreicate it that the game actually updated me on how Peach was doing while she was kidnapped. It was something small that kept me interested in actually saving her instead of just the thrill of going from world to world.

Edited by Zen YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Carbo.

I'm aware of those.

I was more going for 1st party.

X is, though. Monolith Soft is a first party developer now.

I smell awesome(please be Starfox, please be starfox[or metroid, that would be great too])

Aw man, I am getting so excited! both announced and unannounced news

3D Land was awesome, a shame that in order to get to the final level you had to beat the game twice, essentially, but it was worth it. Awesome finale, probably the best stage in the game if there were check points.

I'm trying to stay cautiously hyped for this Tuesday, but it's so hard. I'm really trying to keep my excitement basically just for 3D Mario, Smash, and Wind Waker HD, so if nothing else is really shown I'm not too upset. Honestly, the announcement of a 3D Mario on its own is awesome, let alone getting to see the next Smash, a Zelda HD remake, and most likely a better look at 3rd party and smaller titles like Yoshi Yarn, X, and The Wonderful 101? This E3 is gonna be fabulous even if they just show everything they announced.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, the 5 unannounced titles could very well just be filler, casual titles. Get ready for Wii Sports U, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast U, The Legend of Zelda Horse Racing, Wario's Woods HD, and Wii Music HD everyone!

Edited by Solid SOAP
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imagine the amount of people whining though when they announce Retro is developing it.

"Why no Starfox!"
"why no new ip!"

3D Land had great gameplay but totally turned its back on plot and presentation.  It made even less of an attempt at having a map than the original Super Mario Bros; the navigation was a barely-glorified level list.  And although it had an incredible final boss, all of the other bosses were repeatedly recycled and just placed in different levels.  In terms of gameplay and variation on familiar motifs it was great, but it epitomises the NSMB2/PMSS Mario period where they felt they could just ignore any kind of context and just sell gameplay in a vacuum.  I don't ask for much from a Mario game, but I personally like to have a little more impetus to progress than just another level opening up.  Not even making a token effort at having a map or world themes felt less like they were concentrating on the gameplay and more that they just couldn't be bothered.

Anyway.  Interested though I am in the direction Nintendo's taking with its main console releases, this Direct is just for Wii U, right?  Did I hear that there was going to be another one for the 3DS at some point?

• Thumbs Up 1

So that's on top of Mario, Smash Bros., and Zelda? Hot damn.

They could still be considered "unannounced", because they've not been announced properly yet. Would be great if it is another 5 games on top of those, though. I really hope we get a new Star Fox. 

Well it does say, "IGN says..." so I think we may have to check IGN for the actual source.

EDIT: If the IGN article's still there that is.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

1000071_468582766559515_2023311810_n.jpg

Miyamoto looks like he's won a competition and is meeting Iwata and Reggie as his prize... and for some reason Luigi turned up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Miyamoto has come very casual... And I'm sure I used to own that jacket that he's wearing. Does this make me cool? 8D.

Seriously, I'm if anything, too excited. One thing though...

FUCK SCHOOL AND ITS TIME.

• Thumbs Up 3

I get the sense something BIG is going down for them to be so happy