Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

I asked this in  the statuses but I'm still curious, is there any possible way to watch this direct on a smartphone?

Why was Ash Ketchum in the background of that video? He's not a Nintendo character!

Nintendo actually owns the Pokemon Anime.

They own the whole Pokemon franchise actually.

Why was Ash Ketchum in the background of that video? He's not a Nintendo character!

Pokemon Puzzle League 2 confirmed.

But seriously, a Pokemon anime-based game would be great. I'd be all over it.

They own the whole Pokemon franchise actually.

Eh, not quite. It's a three-way split between Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc.; all of which form The Pokémon Company, who are the ones that house the complete rights to the entire franchise. Creatures Inc. operates under Nintendo but Game Freak is it's own independent company, i.e they're basically a second party. There's a lot of debates about it to this day as to how the license is actually distributed between all the parties, but Nintendo owns most of the Pokémon franchise though, yes.

I asked this in  the statuses but I'm still curious, is there any possible way to watch this direct on a smartphone?

Possibly, but I doubt it'd be very efficient. The only thing you can really count on are people uploading trailers and videos to YouTube seconds after they're announced. Even then, Nintendo will inevitably upload the whole press conference to YT themselves.

YouTube presser NiNTENDOMINATION seems to know something about the new 3D Mario that we don't.

https://twitter.com/TiLMEN/status/342999897831788544

sHcJnlm.png

Before someone asks; yes. This guy is actually legitimate and is regularly invited to press events.

EDIT:

nn0UozC.png

Yep. He's actually seen it.

Prepare the hogfathers Hypetrain immediately! Now if only we could get news on a new Starfox or metroid game(I really, really, want both XD)

YouTube presser NiNTENDOMINATION seems to know something about the new 3D Mario that we don't.

https://twitter.com/TiLMEN/status/342999897831788544

sHcJnlm.png

Before someone asks; yes. This guy is actually legitimate and is regularly invited to press events.

EDIT:

nn0UozC.png

Yep. He's actually seen it.

At this stage, I really couldn't care less. And his name really doesn't do much to convince me that this will be something mindblowingly special.

All I want is something new. I guess I have to wait till Retro show what they've been up to.

• Thumbs Up 2

Prepare the hogfathers Hypetrain immediately! Now if only we could get news on a new Starfox or metroid game(I really, really, want both XD)

Any Nintendo fan that is also a sonic fan is already on the Hype train. I will be honest I am not hyped. Galaxy 1 never did anything to really get me to buy a wii. it was NSMB Wii and Galaxy 2 that made me pay attention.

At this stage, I really couldn't care less. And his name really doesn't do much to convince me that this will be something mindblowingly special.

All I want is something new. I guess I have to wait till Retro show what they've been up to.

To be fair, when has 3D Mario ever let us down when it comes to bringing the platforming genre forward in some way?

I'm jaded on Mario these days too, but 3D Mario has never given me much reason to doubt.

To be fair, when has 3D Mario ever let us down when it comes to bringing the platforming genre forward in some way?

I'm jaded on Mario these days too, but 3D Mario has never given me much reason to doubt.

Many would argue 3D Land took several steps backwards.

Only if you really want it to compare it to higher budget console games despite being a smaller scale handheld.

Only if you really want it to compare it to higher budget console games despite being a smaller scale handheld.

On a handheld that's capable of producing console-quality games. 

Not saying that's my thoughts, I'm just saying many people feel that way.

And the 3DS is perfectly capable of a 3D Mario game, it's specs aren't that much lower than the Wii's iirc :V

3DLand was fine to me. Mix of Classic and Modern Mario. Sure it wasn't a Galaxy graphics wise, but the gameplay was sure terrific.

• Thumbs Up 7

I am one of those who would argue that very thing.

But that's ok because 3D Land doesn't count. :D (it was a different dev team and a quickly developed handheld game)

There is no bigger buzzkill than an options update though

Speak for yourself!  The options menu is the first thing I do on any new game and that Dojo update spoke to me on a deeply personal level.  ;-;

Untitled.jpg

I just want to say how oddly calming this video was.  What a warm welcome.  I've never been so relaxedly hyped.

*sees Mario 3D discussion above*

D...don't get involved Jez this isn't the thread for that...

MARIO 3D LAND WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC YOU JERKS

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I blame the NSMB series for putting a sort of stigma on handheld Marios.

• Thumbs Up 4

3D Land is my third favorite Mario game (behind Sunshine and Galaxy) and has probably the greatest Mario boss battle of all time. It felt completely new and original 

It's one of the few Mario games I 100%'ed