Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

Oh I know. It just disappoints me that this whole leg of the world gets left out.

At least you get to be a leg.  We're like a weird...cow-shaped...thing.

Those "4 unreleased Wii U games" likely coincide with those silhouettes. So the games will be

1) Mario Wii U

2) HD Wind Waker

3) Pikmin 3

4) I'm guessing that's Wonderful 101 there

NSLU is an add-on to NSMBU and Dream Team's a 3DS game. So yeah, those 4, possibly.

Edited by Joshua

3D Mario? Excite.

TWW HD? Excite.

Pikmin 3? Luke warm.

The Wonderful 101? Luke warm.

Mario & Luigi? Meh.

Super Luigi U? Meh.

I really hope that that group of silhouetted characters isn't the extent of Nintendo's E3 presentation offerings, because that will be beyond depressing.

I need F-Zero, Metroid, Wave Race, Retro's project, perhaps a smidge of Zelda U/3DS concept art, and at least some big name third party content that isn't indie, oh and promises of further GUI load time reductions.

Nintendo E3 site opens

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Presentation is to be an hour long.

Sye1XH1.gif

Awesome! Where does it say it's an hour long? Not that I don't believe you.

I need F-Zero, Metroid, Wave Race, Retro's project, perhaps a smidge of Zelda U/3DS concept art, and at least some big name third party content that isn't indie, oh and promises of further GUI load time reductions.
We're bound to get more than concept art for Zelda 3DS, since we've had a gameplay trailer and all. Concept art or something for the Wii U game would be awesome, though.

Pikmin 3? Luke warm.

-fucking formatting, just forget it

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong; you're not excited about the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo since Iwata holding bananas?! PIKMIN 3 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME SINCE MAJORA'S MASK AND I'M GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT.

But seriously, Pikmin is a great series and you should check it out.

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario
  • Thumbs Up 4

I have checked it out, and I'm sure that I'll play P3, but it's not as immediately gripping to me as something like Mass Effect or Metroid or Zelda is, I'm afraid.

Awesome! Where does it say it's an hour long? Not that I don't believe you.

We're bound to get more than concept art for Zelda 3DS, since we've had a gameplay trailer and all. Concept art or something for the Wii U game would be awesome, though.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that that existed.

I hope we get a new Star Fox game, I really do.

-fucking formatting, just forget it

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong; you're not excited about the greatest thing to happen to Nintendo since Iwata holding bananas?! PIKMIN 3 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME SINCE MAJORA'S MASK AND I'M GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT.

But seriously, Pikmin is a great series and you should check it out.

I've never played a Pikmin game, as I'm not a fan of RTS games. *Hides*

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 gave me migraines. I think P3 will do the same to me.

I'm hyped for more Dream Team footage and Mario Kart 8 footage. I'd also like to see new info and maybe a trailer for SMT X FE.

-hits critical mass-

THIS IS LIKE NO RTS EVER DISCOVERED BY MAN

Your units aren't just "units".  They're soldiers that you LITERALLY GROW AND HAND PICK.  Each one of them is relying on you for protection, and without you, they're going to fall prey to the horrors that inhabit their planet after the sun goes down.  This isn't a standard RTS, and Pikmin aren't your standard army.  I can safely say that my soul dies a little each time I lose one of my darling Pikmin.  It's one reason I can barely stand to play the games without being INSANELY cautious, because each time I hear that little "hewewew..." and their little soul floats up, my heart breaks.

THAT'S RIGHT.  WARIO HAS A HEART.  ONE THAT MOURNS FOR HIS BELOVED PIKMIN CHILDREN THAT FALL IN BATTLE.

But that's not the only thing; even better is when you lead your tiny soldiers to victory.  When each of those little badasses works together to bring down something sixteen times your size, you can't help but jump to your feet and scream a resounding "HELL YEAH".

Pikmin is not a game.

It is an EXPERIENCE.

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario
  • Thumbs Up 8

Star Fox is still my primary concern. Ignoring Star Fox 64 which was released almost two whole years ago, the latest game in the Star Fox series was Command which was mediocre at best. Just give me a modern, improved version of Star Fox Assault with online play.

I don't really care about Pikmin either. The new Mario game interests me if only because the Galaxy games were so good. The Wonderful 101 is a Platinum Games title. Everything else? Not really interesting on the Wii U side.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

-hits critical mass-

THIS IS LIKE NO RTS EVER DISCOVERED BY MAN

Your units aren't just "units".  They're soldiers that you LITERALLY GROW AND HAND PICK.  Each one of them is relying on you for protection, and without you, they're going to fall prey to the horrors that inhabit their planet after the sun goes down.  This isn't a standard RTS, and Pikmin aren't your standard army.  I can safely say that my soul dies a little each time I lose one of my darling Pikmin.  It's one reason I can barely stand to play the games without being INSANELY cautious, because each time I hear that little "hewewew..." and their little soul floats up, my heart breaks.

THAT'S RIGHT.  WARIO HAS A HEART.  ONE THAT MOURNS FOR HIS BELOVED PIKMIN CHILDREN THAT FALL IN BATTLE.

But that's not the only thing; even better is when you lead your tiny soldiers to victory.  When each of those little badasses works together to bring down something sixteen times your size, you can't help but jump to your feet and scream a resounding "HELL YEAH".

Pikmin is not a game.

It is an EXPERIENCE.

If it's not like a standard RTS and it's as fun as you say, I might check it out, then.

Star Fox is still my primary concern. Ignoring Star Fox 64 which was released almost two whole years ago, the latest game in the Star Fox series was Command which was mediocre at best. Just give me a modern, improved version of Star Fox Assault with online play.

I don't really care about Pikmin either. The new Mario game interests me if only because the Galaxy games were so good. The Wonderful 101 is a Platinum Games title. Everything else? Not really interesting on the Wii U side.
But what about Bayonetta 2? I hope that gets shown.

Didn't Nintendo already confirm that they'd have more Lost World news before E3 too? I expect we'll see it too.

If it's not like a standard RTS and it's as fun as you say, I might check it out, then.

Give the NPC version of Pikmin 2 a rent.  It's worth it.

Didn't Nintendo already confirm that they'd have more Lost World news before E3 too? I expect we'll see it too.

I expect they were referring to SEGA's update on Wednesday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it'll feature in Nintendo's E3 Direct.

But what about Bayonetta 2? I hope that gets shown.

I'll be honest. I doubt we'll see Bayonetta 2. The Wonderful 101 has been Kamiya's primary concern up until the game went gold not too long ago. Bayonetta 2's more or less been on the back burner for several months.

I'm definitely interested in the game but I don't think we'll be seeing anything concrete on Bayonetta 2 until maybe early next year.

I'll be honest. I doubt we'll see Bayonetta 2. The Wonderful 101 has been Kamiya's primary concern up until the game went gold not too long ago. Bayonetta 2's more or less been on the back burner for several months.

I'm definitely interested in the game but I don't think we'll be seeing anything concrete on Bayonetta 2 until maybe early next year.

Kamiya confirmed he's not working on Bayonetta 2 though, didn't he?

I would love the world 50% more with there was a F-Zero reveal. It has been too long since the last game and I've been itching to race in crazy ass high speeds once again. Yeah, I know FAST WiiU is in the works, and Shin'en did a marvelous job with it. But F-Zero GX still holds the throne as one of my favorite racing games of all time. *Pours two shots* Here's to hope... *Drinks* And to miracles! *Drinks some more.* ... *Sighs*

We got Mario 3D, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. already confirmed. Cool.  To name a few with a chance of showing -- Pikmin 3, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Sonic Lost World,  The Wonderful 101 and Windwaker HD have my attention. But what I'd like to see more of is Yoshi's Island 3DS, Yarn Yoshi Epic Whatever It's Title Will Be, SMTxFE, and -- as I toss the snowball into hell -- Bayonetta 2. Could use another Starfox as well...

I also want to know whatever the hell Retro's mystery project is. I mean, hasn't it been in the oven long enough? If I only saw a trailer, I wouldn't complain.

Plus, X.

More of this, please. Thank you.

Edited by 502 YoshiUnity Gateway

Finally, someone who agree's with me that we need another assault.

I've got the opposite problem. I think so highly of Pikmin 2, I doubt 3 will ever live up to it, haha.

I really hope we get a lot of game announcements and not just news on "old" games. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited for M&L 4, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, but I kind of want new stuff at E3, especially for Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kamiya confirmed he's not working on Bayonetta 2 though, didn't he?

Yeah, Kamiya is only supervising Bayonetta 2.

I'd be shocked if we don't see Bayonetta 2 on there. Platinum are one of the most efficient, fastest teams in the history of games. They're able to pump out three games on a bi-yearly basis. They ought to at least have enough material to make a trailer by now.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm mainly hyped about Zelda really. Mario is...ok, but Zelda's my main concern. I'll probably end up getting all of them anyway.