Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

>Nintendo not in the habit of dropping bombs anymore

Have you not seen the last few Nintendo Directs? They've been making a habit of dropping bombs on their own terms.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Expect no bombs to be dropped today, gentlefolk of the SSMB. Nintendo isn't in the habit of doing that any more, though I will take great delight in being contradicted by events.

They have an hour long press conference. They won't spend that on just games we know are coming when the developer interviews and media briefings will be where we get most of the details.

• Thumbs Up 2

They have an hour long press conference. They won't spend that on just games we know are coming when the developer interviews and media briefings will be where we get most of the details.

They will. I expect that each of the year's biggest games (3D Mario, Luigi U, Smash, Pikmin, Wii Sports or Fit, maybe Sonic) will get five-ten minutes dedicated to them, with lesser games and a friendly Reggie filling the time gaps.

I don't want to be a downer, but I can't see any way for them to meet my expectations of what a good Nintendo E3 conference/NDirect should be (e.g. exciting, with several shock announcements). There will be no Metroids, no F-Zeroes, no surprise third party announcements; only Mario and Luigi, Sonic, Smash, Pikmin and fitness. I doubt that we'll even get Watch Dogs, let alone GTA or Destiny or The Division.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo.

The testosterone-fuelled "bomb-dropping" doesn't appeal to me at all. I just want good, enjoyable games and maybe a surprise or two.

Honestly, from this conference, I'm really only looking for news on whatever Monolith Soft will do, X and Y and SLW.

The excitement for the other stuff will come eventually.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's Direct. I don't know about dropping megaton bombs the size of Sony's, but I'm sure there will be one or two surprises in there. It's already surprise enough to see what the new SSB and Mario 3D game will look like!

One big surprise could, nay, MUST be Retro's new game. We've waited far too long for it, so now's the time.

Those good enjoyable games are the bombs, dude.

I thought the 'bombs' were out of nowhere surprises that blow us all away...

Yeah, we pretty know what to expect from this Direct, so therefore awesome games but no real "Bombs"...........

• Thumbs Up 1

That was my understanding, also, especially since people seem to tire of bombs like a new 3D Mario.

It didn't occur to me that good games and surprises were mutually exclusive

How long has the "Nintendo @ E3" been on the Wara Wara Plaza for? I've only just seen it. 

Edited by Blue Blood

It didn't occur to me that good games and surprises were mutually exclusive

The good games are not surprises. 3d Mario, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4....................we know about those. They are not surprises.

The good games are not surprises. 3d Mario, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4....................we know about those. They are not surprises.

And the other good games we don't know about yet won't be surprises?

I have a feeling we won't have much of those. Nintendo told us exactly what to expect.

Well I think there's an assumption we won't see any games we don't know about yet besides Retro's (which we already know is coming anyway)

Edited by SuperLink

This should be good because it has Mario kart and super smash bros!is that not good enough! well hopefully they show us some cool new games!

I just can't wait to see what they look like. Remember guys? HD!!! I know it's gonna be so amazing. I believe in the big N.

Don't disappoint.

Nintendo told us exactly what to expect.

That's the mistake Nintendo has done. Huge mistake. They shouldn't have told us.

I think people not expecting a couple big surprises are going to be pleasantly surprised today. Anyone acting like Nintendo outlined every single thing they'll be showing is maybe not being optimistic enough. Yeah, they told us quite a bit of what to expect, but I don't think they let us know everything.

But hey, who knows...

I think they really only told us what we would've been expecting anyway, aside from a few surprises like Wind Waker HD and X. I mean, come on, new 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. weren't really gonna be surprises for anyone.

• Thumbs Up 5

Chances of nintendo pricedropping the WiiU? Having a mere $50 gap between the lowest next gen hardware and the highest next gen hardware isn't going to cut it. Tho a pricedrop now without the software could be counter productive.

They also need to show third party games in a montage or something, it's sad that the xboned is still a better proposition in terms of library. I don't approve of that.

And I hope they showcase something new and exciting. Or Bayonetta 2. Hopefully both.

I think people not expecting a couple big surprises are going to be pleasantly surprised today. Anyone acting like Nintendo outlined every single thing they'll be showing is maybe not being optimistic enough. Yeah, they told us quite a bit of what to expect, but I don't think they let us know everything.

But hey, who knows...

so you're saying shenmue 3 is coming to the wiiu