Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

tumblr_mo5k08fV2m1qerro9o1_500.jpg

I'm still not sure where this news of it coming out this year came from. I know it was confirmed to be shown in some capacity but not that it was coming before the year was out.

It was officially confirmed by Iwata at their last financial briefing that both it and Mario Kart 8 would be out this year, so consider it a fact.

• Thumbs Up 3

You don't believe financial estimates? O.o

Actually it hasn't been "confirmed" as in said by Iwata,

Actually.. Carbo just also said the same thing so I think he did confirm it. :/

I wonder if Nintendo will top their performance from last year...

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm debating whether to agonise over trying to watch most of these directs or just catch up through online info and summaries.

And then there was one...

I wonder how dear ol Nintendo can follow up Sony's performance.

Guess ill get the answer tomorrow morning, I'm expecting a lot from you Nintendo! Don't let us down!

At the very least, Nintendo will take second place easily, short of a massive fuckup, which is very unlikely due to the format they're using.

Well aside from what we already know about, 3rd parties are going to be a problem, like they always are, so unless anyone is getting their hopes up that there will be some kind of miraculous turn around, then you're probably going to be disappointed there. I think the main issue is Nintendo have outright stated that they won't buyout 3rd parties the way MS or Sony would, but they will consider partnerships (and we all saw how well that turned out in one case).

At this point Nintendo would be best to showcase what we all already know about them, like how DRM was never on the cards, as we all knew already and how you'll never have to pay for online on Wii U. i.e. really push those positives while also showcasing their new games and partnerships with Sega and the like.

I think part of the problem is that because all eyes were on Sony, Nintendo couldn't really do much either way to influence people. Their console doesn't feature some of the things people hated about the Xbone, but Sony was the one everyone was looking towards to "save gaming".

Edited by EuroMIX
  • Thumbs Up 2

I highly doubt Nintendo is gonna top Sony's CMOA. But hey least we're finally getting the trailer for Smash Bros 4. That's fair game in my book.

I think Nintendo will drop some bombs, and of course, there will be Sonic. The Sonic footage alone will capture a lot of attention of this forum. Just look at the debut trailer.

Let's hope we get some big surprises. I want to see some cool apps, games, features, and more this Nintendo Direct. A possible price cut would do wonders too. Just imagine.

$299 Wii U with tons of first party already released vs PS4's $399 vs Xbox One's $499

The Wii U being so cheap would help it plenty.

I don't think that aside of X and Retros game that we are going to see surprises at the Direct, just closer looks at games already announced to be there.  That's not bad at all, as 3d Mario and a potential Sumo Digital-developed Mario Kart will blow minds, but that's what I think anyway. 

I would love to see a Capcom vs. Nintendo or a Nintendo-funded Mega Man game though :)

BOMBS WILL BE DROPPED VERY SOON

*sets alarm clock*

bTTUyeO.jpg

Edited by Autosaver

A Smash Bros teaser would be nice, at the very least. I'm not expecting the game itself until 2014 at the earliest.

All I know is that Nintendo needs an incredibly big unannounced bombshell to even come close to beating Sony after last night. I'd say they have second place on lockdown as long as there isn't some big fuckup, but I'd say the gap between 2nd and 1st is pretty big at this point. Sure, I'm super hyped for 3d Mario, the next Mario Kart, and Smash 4 especially, but the thing is we already know about those. Nintendo needs a bunch of massive out-of-nowhere bombshells to come anywhere close to being 1st, to beat the Sony conference and it's sweet justice for gamers. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Honestly, I don't think there is a bomb big enough to put it ahead of Sony. Sony's killer bombs were in reference to the heart of everything, the actual console (although there were software-related bombs too), and Nintendo doesn't have anything to offer regarding Wii U hardware.

Sony dropped bombs yesterday? I'll give you Kingdom Hearts III and $399 but everything else was reaffirmations of things we knew was coming and info about the console we needed to hear. Taken as a whole the conference was a massive drag that looks better because Microsoft fucked up bad.

Nintendo revealing Mario Kart, Smash Bros and 3D Mario won't really equate to "bombs" for me. They might be fantastic but while I expect them to be it's going to take something brand new content-wise or some shocking franchise revival to turn the tide, and in all honesty with what we've seen so far as far as content goes from the other competitors that's not even a high bar assuming Nintendo's top developers are all bringing their A-game.

• Thumbs Up 6

I personally think everyone is overhyping how good the Sony conference actually was, literally an hour of it was mostly just stuff nobody cared about or stuff we already knew about, with only the last part of it being the 'good' stuff, and most of the hype surrounds yet another Final Fantasy game that just happened to be in development hell for several years and the third numbered installment of a JRPG franchise with an over-convoluted plot - both of which are probably both multiplatform, if a certain official tweet is of any indication.

... Oh, damn, Carbo beat me to it. Seriously, the Sony conference really wasn't that great, most of it was actually kinda sucky.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 2

My personal wish for Smash Bros 4 is that in the Home Run Contests, the Sandbag is replaced by an Xbox One so that players can knock the absolute crap out of it with a baseball bat before firing it into the sun.

You know you want it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regardless of whether it was a reaffirmation, or was showing off multiplatform games, or whatever, it managed to turn heads in a severe way.

Expect no bombs to be dropped today, gentlefolk of the SSMB. Nintendo isn't in the habit of doing that any more, though I will take great delight in being contradicted by events.

Expect no bombs to be dropped today, gentlefolk of the SSMB. Nintendo isn't in the habit of doing that any more, though I will take great delight in being contradicted by events.

Yeah unfortunately this is the feeling I'm getting. We're being told what to expect, and that's all we're getting.