Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Yeah man, how dare he not think the controls are perfect like everybody else

You just made me Lol, but seriously Idk why people suck so much, its not like the controls are that bad..

Dude, it the first time they are playing the GAME! Of course they gonna be bad at it!

They give you a tutorial though! Not everyone sucks at a new game, their just new at it. Ehh now that I think bout it, maybe im being to hard on the players. People who skip over the help bubbles arent an exception though >.>

Dude, it the first time they are playing the GAME! Of course they gonna be bad at it!

Cobanermani uploaded a video of himself playing the Wii U version Windy Hill and he wasn't that bad as he was in the 3DS gameplay, maybe because Windy Hill is more easy and, ironically enough, more automated than the 3DS version, but just a bit. The option of going underneath the level most of times makes it easier too in my opinion.

But yeah, when someone plays a game the first time, it's obvious it's not gonna be perfect at it.

They give you a tutorial though! Not everyone sucks at a new game, their just new at it. Ehh now that I think bout it, maybe im being to hard on the players. People who skip over the help bubbles arent an exception though >.>

But

His issue was that the controls were too slippy

How does this have anything to do with not reading the tutorials

what

Im not gonna lie, the 3DS version looks harder than the Wii U Version easily. The Wii U version's level just look so short & easy to complete, best thing about the Wii U version is all the multiple paths, there's easily about 5 paths I could point out straightforward in the Windy Hill Zone 1 Wii U.

But

what

I

Didnt

Mean

It

That

Way

But

what

Cobi maybe felt that the controls were slippy because of not entering the tutorial stage or Windy Hill, which was basically to help people to get used to the controlls and the game.

Im not gonna lie, the 3DS version looks harder than the Wii U Version easily. The Wii U version's level just look so short & easy to complete, best thing about the Wii U version is all the multiple paths, there's easily about 5 paths I could point out straightforward in the Windy Hill Zone 1 Wii U.

I

Didnt

Mean

It

That

Way

The Wii U version looks easier because the levels are more open and has less obstacles, however the 3DS version has more challenges and enemies.

Edited by Dan a hed

But

what

I wasnt talking about the controls, im just talking bout.. nvm

OFF Topic: Ehh, did you guys notice that on this image there's a hawaiian-themed sculpture/image of an unknown creature? That would support the theory of that the level is Tropical Coast. Look closely at the right side of the image.

sonic_lost_world_3ds-17-1.jpg

Edited by Dan a hed

OFF Topic: Ehh, did you guys notice that on this image there's a hawaiian-themed sculpture/image of an unknown creature? That would support the theory of that the level is tropical jungle. Look closely at the right side of the image.

sonic_lost_world_3ds-17-1.jpg

Those look like caterkillers right ahead of you

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Alright, time to cover this Tropical Coast stuff, i've confused Tropical Coast with Tropical Resort like 5 times today but nvm..

Anyway if you look at this screenshot:

Tubular_route_of_fire.png

You see that Sonic is in a tube using the Red Burst (Notice the crystals on both sides of the tube?

Then if you look at this screenshot:

1000px-Those_breakable_crystals_have_rin

The same crystals are all over the sides of the tube stage, this stage is Tropical Coast so that means the upper screenshot of the Red Burst is of Sonic in Tropical Coast =D.

Also if you take a look at this screenshot:

Still_no_clue_what_this_place_is.png

You see what looks like a tiki face up-ahead like what Dan said to strengthen the theory of this stage being Tropical Coast. All in all, this means the 3DS version gets tube stages too =D!

Anyway something else I wanted to point out was the fact that at the end of Desert Ruins Zone 2(Wii U), you see a large lego head thing that some people assumed lead Sonic onward to the actual Desert Ruins, what if in the 3DS version instead of leading Sonic into Desert Ruins, it lead Sonic out of Desert Ruins? :

Bocky_cube.png

I say for the 3DS version it could lead Sonic into the candy or honeycomb stage that then leads Sonic out of the zone =D. Again remember the fact that the 3DS version & Wii U version have different level design but keep the same level aspects such the Evening Stage in Windy Hill. Anyway this screenshot has to be a zone later on in Desert Ruins for the 3DS version, cause Zone 1 is pretty much completely based on the Indigo Astroid, then Zone 2 is based on the Yellow Drill, & I have a feeling that there will be only 1 wisp per zone, what do you guys think? Just something I came up with that could be legit idk.

Also if you look at the screenshot above with the Grey Quake, if you pay close attention you see that below the Lego Cube you see that the desert below looks pretty circular, meaning the 3DS version has levels you can go underneath (well maybe some levels, you cant go underneath the levels in Frozen Factory Zone 1 & Windy Hill Zone 1, I guess it varies.

Edited by KingKnux

Alright, time to cover this Tropical Coast stuff, i've confused Tropical Coast with Tropical Resort like 5 times today but nvm..

Anyway if you look at this screenshot:

Tubular_route_of_fire.png

You see that Sonic is in a tube using the Red Burst (Notice the crystals on both sides of the tube?

Then if you look at this screenshot:

1000px-Those_breakable_crystals_have_rin

The same crystals are all over the sides of the tube stage, this stage is Tropical Coast so that means the upper screenshot of the Red Burst is of Sonic in Tropical Coast =D.

Also if you take a look at this screenshot:

Still_no_clue_what_this_place_is.png

You see what looks like a tiki face up-ahead like what Dan said to strengthen the theory of this stage being Tropical Coast. All in all, this means the 3DS version gets tube stages too =D!

Anyway something else I wanted to point out was the fact that at the end of Desert Ruins Zone 2(Wii U), you see a large lego head thing that some people assumed lead Sonic onward to the actual Desert Ruins, what if in the 3DS version instead of leading Sonic into Desert Ruins, it lead Sonic out of Desert Ruins? :

Bocky_cube.png

I say for the 3DS version it could lead Sonic into the candy or honeycomb stage that then leads Sonic out of the zone =D. Again remember the fact that the 3DS version & Wii U version have different level design but keep the same level aspects such the Evening Stage in Windy Hill. Anyway this screenshot has to be a zone later on in Desert Ruins for the 3DS version, cause Zone 1 is pretty much completely based on the Indigo Astroid, then Zone 2 is based on the Yellow Drill, & I have a feeling that there will be only 1 wisp per zone, what do you guys think? Just something I came up with that could be legit idk.

Also if you look at the screenshot above with the Grey Quake, if you pay close attention you see that below the Lego Cube you see that the desert below looks pretty circular, meaning the 3DS version has levels you can go underneath (well maybe some levels, you cant go underneath the levels in Frozen Factory Zone 1 & Windy Hill Zone 1, I guess it varies.

1.- Yep, that level's definetely Tropical Coast. Oh and BTW if you look at the Burst Tube Screenshot you can see another tiki face/symbol on the floor next to Burst Sonic.

2.-Well, that would be really interesting...

3.-Wow, good eye buddy! I hope you're right about the theory you can go underneath the levels, well you'll more likely be right because the stage looks so circular, it really looks like you can go underneath of it (sorry if I had a grammatical mistake there), hope you're right, and if you're not, it doesn't matter, LW 3DS it's still as good as it's Wii U counterpart =).

Going underneath levels is probably going to be boss exclusive.

Disagreed. The Screenshot with the "lego" face looks pretty circular, and doesn't certainly looks like a boss stage.

Going underneath levels is probably going to be boss exclusive.

Lol nah, I dont think a boss stage would have you saving flickies.

Edited by KingKnux

Either way, fully rotating stages are most likely going to be very rare in the 3DS version. At this point, I'm doubting that limitation is to blame, and leaning towards laziness.

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

Either way, fully rotating stages are most likely going to be very rare in the 3DS version. At this point, I'm doubting that limitation is to blame, and leaning towards laziness.

This game is amazing, I've seen so many comments with people thinking the 3DS version was the Wii U Version. This game is totally not leaning towards laziness, we've only seen the demo stages from the 3DS so far & looked great, when the full version comes out, it'll be just as epic as the Wii U Version. Besides if the 3DS version can pull of tubes just like the Wii U version will, who says the 3DS version cant do the same =P.

Edited by KingKnux

Laziness?

LAZINESS?

Hehehe, that's a REALLY good one!

Want a Sonic game with laziness all over the place? Go talk about Generations 3DS.

Just as Knux said, there's a lot of people who thought the 3DS version was actually the Wii U, you can't say this has lack of effort.

Nothing in the 3DS version looks lazy at all, there's no way DIMPS could've been lazy this time, not with fully 3D stages with such amazing level design and graphics (if they were made by them), and I can't say the rotating stages are very common on the Wii U version, with Windy Hill, Silent Jungle and Frozen Factory being the only stages in where you can go underneath them.

And again, just look at the screenshot Knux posted, it really looks like a rotating stage, just like Frozen Factory 1, and again, from what we've seen so far, lack of effort it's a bad accusation just because of not having rotating stages.

Edited by Dan a hed

I didn't say that the game's filled with laziness, I only said that I suspect laziness in replicating the Wii U version's SMG styled gameplay. All they did was make half of the tubes accessible and have Sonic ignore gravity while moving to the sides. Meanwhile, in the bottom half, there's no level design and there are either gates or sand slides keeping Sonic away from going to the bottom. I highly doubt that the 3DS can't handle a character 360ing a large plain without trouble. If it's space issues, they can just do what was done in games like Generations HD and have the structures disappear when no longer in the players view.

I didn't say that the game's filled with laziness, I only said that I suspect laziness in replicating the Wii U version's SMG styled gameplay. All they did was make half of the tubes accessible and have Sonic ignore gravity while moving to the sides. Meanwhile, in the bottom half, there's no level design and there are either gates or sand slides keeping Sonic away from going to the bottom. I highly doubt that the 3DS can't handle a character 360ing a large plain without trouble. If it's space issues, they can just do what was done in games like Generations HD and have the structures disappear when no longer in the players v

I dont even think thats the problem, its just the fact that the 3DS version has exclusive stages compared to the Wii U version. I mean if they replicated everything like the Wii U version, the 3DS version might as well be a port. I still believe that lots of tube & circular stages will be added in the 3DS but not like every single area like the Wii U Version.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't say that the game's filled with laziness, I only said that I suspect laziness in replicating the Wii U version's SMG styled gameplay. All they did was make half of the tubes accessible and have Sonic ignore gravity while moving to the sides. Meanwhile, in the bottom half, there's no level design and there are either gates or sand slides keeping Sonic away from going to the bottom. I highly doubt that the 3DS can't handle a character 360ing a large plain without trouble. If it's space issues, they can just do what was done in games like Generations HD and have the structures disappear when no longer in the players view.

You're right with the 3DS limitations thing, but still, I can't understand why you suspect laziness with everything it's been shown so far. You can't go undearneath the levels, but the level design doesn't looks lazy at all. Plus, there have been fixed some issues that were on the E3 demo, like the framerate, or adding voices and sound effects to the gameplay. And for the 3rd time, Knux's screenshots clearly shows a spherical level, so most likely you'll be able to go undearneath the structure (so again you're right). Oh, and at this point, there's not been shown as much as the Wii U version, so maybe there will be more rotating stages, but if not, I can't say the 3DS version it's inferior to it's HD counterpart.

I care about fully accessible tube stages because it's one of the coolest parts of the Wii U version. It added variety and multiple routes to the level design, and you can mix and match the corners to sorta build your own and have a slightly different experience when you play the levels.

Most of the level design in SLW is bland in comparison. There are things to do and puzzles to solve, but there is very little to no exploration or different flavors. It's mostly Crash Bandicoot-like; Wide hallways with platforming, enemies to destroy and puzzles to solve. While all that's good and fun, I'd very much prefer multiple routes, exploration, much more platforming, and extra challenges.

I'm not saying this game is a heap of laziness like Gens 3DS was (hell, I've been praising the game ever since the first video upload of it in the E3 article on IGN), it's looking like a lot of fun and worth the money, but I'd like it to be at least slightly on par with the console version.

And for the 3rd time, Knux's screenshots clearly shows a spherical level, so most likely you'll be able to go undeanneath the structure

Wowee! I can go all around a structure in a miniboss that takes a full 40 seconds to beat!

...... Yeah, not very exciting.

And to say that the 3DS version won't even be slightly inferior to the console version at this point is really silly.

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know the 3DS version will be inferior (slightly perhaps) to the Wii U version from the get-go. I'm still going to get that version because from what I seen of it I'm liking it.