Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

I love how you're all reacting to him having any aort of issue with the game

Seriously, they took the Wii U version and took away what actually made it unique in the first place. What's the point in having the tubes id you can't even run around them. The 3DS version looks fun and I'm going to buy it, but the Wii U version is leaps and bounds ahead of it. it actually takes advantage of the tube gimmick instead of it just being there

• Thumbs Up 6

Seriously, they took the Wii U version and took away what actually made it unique in the first place. What's the point in having the tubes id you can't even run around them. The 3DS version looks fun and I'm going to buy it, but the Wii U version is leaps and bounds ahead of it. it actually takes advantage of the tube gimmick instead of it just being there

I don't think I'm reacting in any negative sort of way. I just wanted to my quick two cents on it. (That is, if you weren't mentioning me, then ok.)

Of course the Wii U version is the superior version, no doubt about that. Lost World 3DS was going to have its own limitations with certain level designs and what not, and I'm completely fine with that. I just know that on its own merits the 3DS version is shaping up to be a fine/good game.

Edited by TheChaosBacon
  • Thumbs Up 2

I love how you're all reacting to him having any aort of issue with the game Seriously, they took the Wii U version and took away what actually made it unique in the first place. What's the point in having the tubes id you can't even run around them. The 3DS version looks fun and I'm going to buy it, but the Wii U version is leaps and bounds ahead of it. it actually takes advantage of the tube gimmick instead of it just being there
'sactly. Dimps should've just made the terrain flat (and add lots of exploration and routes, ala Modern Seaside Hill) if they weren't gonna let us go around the tube. According to a Desert Ruins screenshot, they're already doing that in some parts of the game.

Jeez D=. We arent hoping on every little thing it's just that Sonic has never been this epic on a handheld since this game dropped & im gonna defend it like a boss, well that wasnt a legit reason but okay. Anyway screenshots have already been dropped of Sonic in a tube for the 3DS version, I mean I dont want tubes everywhere like in the Wii U version, but I do want them to show up in certain zones of the game, only point im makin.

The 3DS version is still expansive & exploration filled regardless. Watch Frozen Factory Zone 1, at a certain point in the stage theres like 3 routes off the bat that I see. And you can explore in this version, its just not as great as the Wii U versions exploration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wowee! I can go all around a structure in a miniboss that takes a full 40 seconds to beat!

...... Yeah, not very exciting.

And to say that the 3DS version won't even be slightly inferior to the console version at this point is really silly.

Well, it's just one structure of a whole level, dunno, maybe there will be even more rotating structures, just maybe.

And well, I can't get why do you think saying that at this point the 3DS version isn't inferior it's silly, it would be if just Windy Hill and Desert Ruins were shown, but there's shown way more, and for me that's enough to say that the 3DS port isn't inferior to the Wii U version IMO (well it's certainly inferior when it comes to graphics, but I think they look good for a 3DS game) And that's just how I think and feel, I might change my mind =).

• Thumbs Up 1

...I'm now understanding what you all are talking about. Tropical Coast 3DS'/Wii U screens. 

*sees them both*

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

I still think that the 3DS gonna be really fun, but I admit that the level design is a bit bland...

Like look at KH 3D for example , The worlds are huge and there a ton of secrets you can get, also that game kinda have a parkour system (Even though it doesn't have tube like worlds); Now look at SLW 3ds, like auto said, it pretty much a faster crash bandicoot game.

Well, Windy Hill didn't have as much exploration as the Wii U version. It had cool design, but it was inferior to the Wii U W.H because it had less paths and you couldn't go undearneath it. 

Desert Ruins 2D had better design but not that multiple paths. 

However, the lastest levels they were shown seem pretty open and with more multiple paths to me so I think there will be more exploration than in the past levels. 

It's inferior because it's level design is straight forward and doesn't reward much for exploration.

The level design isnt straight forward in some instances. Besides the only gameplay revealed for the 3DS were the demo's. The only stage screenshots & gameplay revealed for the 3DS version were for: Windy Hill, Tropical Coast, Desert Ruins & Frozen Factory. The 3DS doesnt even have a high ammount of exposure to even judge the exploration for 4 stages.

The level design isnt straight forward in some instances.

jontron_nightshade_reaction_gif_by_metro

First of all, back up your points, especially if it's on something as important as level design.

Second, the level design is the poster child of straight foward. There's constant linearity, more than the Wii U version. Sure, there are multiple ways to get to points, but it's either a homing attack chain or a short set of platforms, and they all lead to another single hallway. Sure, there are some protrusions that have different things like power ups, item boxes and enemies, but they're all on the ground and require no strategy to reach other than going left or right.

Well either way, you have to look at the levels directly in the 3DS Version. Windy Hill is the 1st stage of the game, its gonna have alternate pathways but not a shitload

Desert Ruins is the 2nd stage of the game, it does pretty good at giving us a good ammount of paths so far, havent seen the full desert ruins though.

Tropical Coast might be the 3rd stage of the game, so far in the screenshots shit has been pretty good, lots of space & adventure to have. Idk bout them paths though.

Frozen Factory: Yea this is around the 2nd half of the game, so I can expect some paths to jump around here & there.

Silent Forest: Hasnt been shown yet: (Probabaly too epic for 3DS standards)

Lava level thingie yet to be revealed but probabaly later this month: (Warning highly badass, last stage of the game) Lol

The level design is the poster child of straight foward. There's constant linearity, more than the Wii U version. 

jontron_nightshade_reaction_gif_by_metro

First of all, back up your points, especially if it's on something as important as level design.

Second, the level design is the poster child of straight foward. There's constant linearity, more than the Wii U version. Sure, there are multiple ways to get to points, but it's either a homing attack chain or a short set of platforms, and they all lead to another single hallway. Sure, there are some protrusions that have different things like power ups, item boxes and enemies, but they're all on the ground and require no strategy to reach other than going left or right.

I think that's the case just for Windy Hill. Dunno why DIMPS didn't put as multiple paths as the Wii U counterpart, oh well.

In Desert Ruins 2D, there are certainly more paths than the Wii U version (I'm talking about the candy level), but not much.

In Frozen Factory, it was shown a completely different path (which hasn't been shown...yet) which wasn't nor a homing attack chain or a set of platforms.

In Desert Ruins 3D, there are a good amount of different paths (which weren't shown >=U), and the level looks pretty open, which is really nice.

Tropical Coast seems pretty open to me, so I doubt I'll be as linear as Windy Hill.

Watch Frozen Factory Zone 1, at a certain point in the stage theres like 3 routes off the bat that I see.
That's the only example I've seen of multiple routes. If there's more, I'll love the portable version even more.
In Desert Ruins 3D, there are a good amount of different paths (which weren't shown >=U), and the level looks pretty open, which is really nice.
A couple of people, including Cobermani, uploaded the full stage from the Sonic Boom/Gamescom/PAX demos. It's literally a straight line with a huge block platforming section near the end. What paths are you taking about?

That's the only example I've seen of multiple routes. If there's more, I'll love the portable version even more.

A couple of people, including Cobermani, uploaded the full stage from the Sonic Boom/Gamescom/PAX demos. It's literally a straight line with a huge block platforming section near the end. What paths are you taking about?

Ya skipped the middle of the stage, after Cobi killed that one worm, it lead him to the middle of the stage which had like 3 paths, the left, middle & right.

It's not entirely linear, it's a wide open field in which there are multiple options of approach to choose from.  Watch the footage again.  To call it a straight line does it a great disservice.  Sonic Generations GHZ, now that was a straight line.  

• Thumbs Up 1

OFF-TOPIC: You know guys, I've been thinking about it, and now I really think the 3DS version it's just a bit inferior than the HD version (I still preffer some stages of the 3DS version), but just a bit, because of the level design, which I still find amazing, but it would've been nice if they added more alternate paths. However, it's nice to see the most recent levels are more open with more alternate paths, including Tropical Coast, which looks pretty open. But I don't know why Auto (I'm pretty sure he had another name .-.) considered silly to think the 3DS version it's not inferior, but anyways, if that's how he thinks, I have no problems at all with that, he may have his reasons =).

But anyways, at this point this is my rate... (This is just how I feel)

3DS: 9.5

Wii U:10

I didn't want to look like I have some problem with his comments, I'm sorry.

Edited by Dan a hed

OFF-TOPIC: You know guys, I've been thinking about it, and now I really think the 3DS version it's just a bit inferior than the HD version (I still preffer some stages of the 3DS version), but just a bit, because of the level design, which I still find amazing, but it would've been nice if they added more alternate paths. However, it's nice to see the most recent levels are more open with more alternate paths, including Tropical Coast, which looks pretty open. But I don't know why Auto (I'm pretty sure he had another name .-.) considered silly to think the 3DS version it's not inferior, but anyways, if that's how he thinks, I have no problems at all with that, he may have his reasons =).

But anyways, at this point this is my rate... (This is just how I feel)

3DS: 9.5

Wii U:10

I didn't want to look like I have some problem with his comments, I'm sorry.

It's all subjective. I don't see it that way at all, honestly. The 3DS version looks decent. Yeah, it's quite an improvement over Dimps' previous Sonic titles, but I don't see it as anything impressive; not even for a 3DS game. It looks alright, but it could look a lot better. The level design is still linear, just maybe not as much as Dimps' previous stuff. I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but the Wii U version honestly looks loads more fun (Well, except for the Color Powers; they look worse to control on the Wii U, thanks to the Gamepad being mandatory). My biggest issue with the level design in the 3DS version is the "Destroy X enemies in order to progress" thing. It happens way too frequently and if the ones in Desert Ruins are to go by, those Worms are gonna piss me off a lot.

Giving the game a rating right now is pointless until you actually play the game in full for yourself because you can't properly judge it yet; seeing a game in action is one thing; playing it is another.

Edited by Tomoki

It's all subjective. I don't see it that way at all, honestly. The 3DS version looks decent. Yeah, it's quite an improvement over Dimps' previous Sonic titles, but I don't see it as anything impressive; not even for a 3DS game. It looks alright, but it could look a lot better. The level design is still linear, just maybe not as much as Dimps' previous stuff. I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but the Wii U version honestly looks loads more fun (Well, except for the Color Powers; they look worse to control on the Wii U, thanks to the Gamepad being mandatory). My biggest issue with the level design in the 3DS version is the "Destroy X enemies in order to progress" thing. It happens way too frequently and if the ones in Desert Ruins are to go by, those Worms are gonna piss me off a lot.

Giving the game a rating right now is pointless until you actually play the game in full for yourself because you can't properly judge it yet; seeing a game in action is one thing; playing it is another.

Everything you just said it's your opinion, which I totally respect =).

And I just gave a rate from what I've seen so far, like the level design and graphics, I wasn't reffering to the controls and that, If I lived in EUA and I had the oportunity to go to the Gamescom, PAX, E3, etc then I could reffer to the controls, but from what I've read the controls are not bad at all but, as you said, I had to play the game to criticize that. 

Edited by Dan a hed

Sorry if I misunderstood, but when you say "what made it unique" you make ME understand that the tube gimmick of the Wii U version has never seen before, which isn't actually true. We've seen that before in Sonic Adventure 2 in Mad Space (I hate that stage so much :I) and in Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know, I don't really consider it unique. 

In what I'm agree is that they could've used the tube gimmick instead of just using a bit less than the half of it, but I still don't consider the Wii U version WAAAAAAAAAAY superior, however I'm not saying it's inferior to the 3DS version, because it's not.

The 3DS version has limitations that didn't make it better at all, but I'm still getting it for sure, as well as the Wii U version =D.

Edited by Dan a hed

Sorry if I misunderstood, but when you say "what made it unique" you make ME understand that the tube gimmick of the Wii U version has never seen before, which isn't actually true. We've seen that before in Sonic Adventure 2 in Mad Space (I hate that stage so much :I) and in Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know, I don't really consider it unique. 

In what I'm agree is that they could've used the tube gimmick instead of just using a bit less than the half of it, but I still don't consider the Wii U version WAAAAAAAAAAY superior, however I'm not saying it's inferior to the 3DS version, because it's not.

The 3DS version has limitations that didn't make it better at all, but I'm still getting it for sure, as well as the Wii U version =D.

The 3DS version for sure has limitations but they dont make the game inferior to the Wii U version, I mean the Wii U version might look super badass right now but when the full game is released some shit in the 3DS version could be better than shit in the Wii U version. So far Imo I think the 3DS version's exclusive Color Powers function & are better than the Color Powers on the Wii U version's for sure.

A: The defeat a certain # of enemies to pass thing seems pretty awesome, especially the mini bosses. They add challenge to the levels instead of just speeding right on through. Even if it's a frequent trend in Sonic Lost World's its not the most annoying thing ever.

B: The zones in the gameplay looks a little linear now, sure.  But this goes back to when the game comes out, gotta wait & see. Me personally I dont think the stages are gonna be straightforward, even though I can only identify stuff so far through the demo's & screenshots.

C: Auto what makes you think the screenshot with the lego cube head thingie looks like a boss? I dont thing a boss would need you to get a certain ammount of flickies to progress =P. And sorry if it sounds like im getting on every little thing you say Lol.

Bocky_cube.png

See what I mean ^

The 3DS version for sure has limitations but they dont make the game inferior to the Wii U version, I mean the Wii U version might look super badass right now but when the full game is released some shit in the 3DS version could be better than shit in the Wii U version. So far Imo I think the 3DS version's exclusive Color Powers function & are better than the Color Powers on the Wii U version's for sure.

A: The defeat a certain # of enemies to pass thing seems pretty awesome, especially the mini bosses. They add challenge to the levels instead of just speeding right on through. Even if it's a frequent trend in Sonic Lost World's its not the most annoying thing ever.

B: The zones in the gameplay looks a little linear now, sure.  But this goes back to when the game comes out, gotta wait & see. Me personally I dont think the stages are gonna be straightforward, even though I can only identify stuff so far through the demo's & screenshots.

C: Auto what makes you think the screenshot with the lego cube head thingie looks like a boss? I dont thing a boss would need you to get a certain ammount of flickies to progress =P. And sorry if it sounds like im getting on every little thing you say Lol.

Bocky_cube.png

See what I mean ^

Maybe the mystery of the pixelated totem will be revealed in due time I mean it can't be there for nothing

I meant mini boss. Also,Im really starting to doubt that you don't know the meaning of the word "inferior".

Edited by Auto

I meant mini boss. Also,Im really starting to doubt that you don't know the meaning of the word "inferior".

Inferior means lower in value or quality.