Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Oh I am SO happy to see more 3DS screens. Getting impressed more and more. 

And hey Burst now works in 3D....but I wonder what that pic is showing it doing in the first screenshot.

Edited by TheChaosBacon

...Pixilated head? I'm not getting at what ya'll talking about...you mean Sonic's model in the game?

Edited by TheChaosBacon

Same for the gyroscope controlled Quake and special stages.

There has been no talk of the special stages or did I miss something 

...Pixilated head? I'm not getting at what ya'll talking about...you mean Sonic's model in the game?

I think they mean this:

sonic_lost_world_3ds-14-1.jpg

...which is sorta similar to the pixel head thing at the end of the Honeycomb level in the Wii U version. Have we seen something like it in the 3DS version before this?

Edited by ElementofChaos

I think they mean this:

...which is sorta similar to the pixel head thing at the end of the Honeycomb level in the Wii U version. Have we seen something like it in the 3DS version before this?

Oh that; my I didn't realize it was thing until you pointed it out. I don't think we have seen that head in any other 3DS image/video until now either.

I think they mean this:

I still don't get it. Is it the wisp itself in the bottom left icon or Sonic

It's the thing that Sonic's Quake Wisp form is landing on in that screenshot, if you look underneath Sonic you can see something that looks like a pixellated head. 

In fact, looking at it again, they look VERY similar. Just different colours and some little details. (The one in the desert-y zone looks different from the one in the honeycomb zone too, although I think the first one does appear as well? idk)

gt_e3_soniclostworld_wiiu_int_pt3_Desert

CAYDjXg.jpg

(There's probably a better screen of it from the honeycomb level out there but I can't find one! D:)

Edited by ElementofChaos

I think they mean this:

It's also shown in this screenshot in the Wii U version of Desert Ruins

slw-75-1.jpg

Just what the hell are these things?

Edit: Ninja'd for the first time, was gonna happen eventually lol

Edited by LordMetallix

They seem too out of place to not have SOME explanation for them, so yes, I think they'll be important somehow, perhaps as a plot point.

Or maybe Sonic uses them as portals between the standard zones and the "special" ones (i.e. Sonic goes through one to get to the candy and Honeycomb Zones from the desert zone). /speculation

Just like the moon in windy hill also that face looks a lot like Iron Man

He brings up a good point, a LOT of things in Lost World have faces. But why? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Those pixel totem heads there are two of them, there's one with an angry face while the other one is a shocked face.

Woaah these are alot of Screenshots O-o, again I swear there's gonna be 6 stages for the 3DS, you cant fit this much awesomeness in 2 stages.

Example:

Tornados_have_eyes_really.png

Act 1:

Possible_Underground_Pipe_from_Sonic_Col

Act 2:

Bocky_cube.png

Some other act

So far this adds up to three acts, & I know Sega isnt gonna leave us hanging with 3 while the Wii U has 6. Another thing Im gonna point out is that Block Head thingie, we might actually get the Honeycomb & Candy Stage in the 3DS version, meh we'll see. Im hyped about those Special Stages though.

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't know if the Wii U version has six acts. The most we've seen from any zone is four.

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Woaah these are alot of Screenshots O-o, again I swear there's gonna be 6 stages for the 3DS, you cant fit this much awesomeness in 2 stages.

Example:

Tornados_have_eyes_really.png

Act 1:

Possible_Underground_Pipe_from_Sonic_Col

Act 2:

Bocky_cube.png

Some other act

So far this adds up to three acts, & I know Sega isnt gonna leave us hanging with 3 while the Wii U has 6. Another thing Im gonna point out is that Block Head thingie, we might actually get the Honeycomb & Candy Stage in the 3DS version, meh we'll see. Im hyped about those Special Stages though.

Considering the suspicious lack of "Mach Speed" Acts, along with the fact that Colors DS and Generations 3DS had less stages than their console counterparts, I wouldn't put it past SEGA/Sonic Team/Dimps to only give us 3 Acts per Zone. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that would end up being the case once again with Lost World 3DS.

Generations 3DS had far less development time than its console counterpart though

Yeah, and we're getting 3D acts, which I'd imagine take much more time to develop than linear 2D boost stages. For all you know, the Special Stages are "replacements" for more levels, much like they were for Colors DS and Generations 3DS. Console gets more stages, Handheld gets less stages, but we got some Special Stages in exchange for the lack of main acts.

EDIT: Also, look at Generations HD, that game was in development for nearly 3 years, and look how much content we got: a bare-bones game you could beat in 2-3 hours. Dev time doesn't always equal more stages and content.

Edited by Tomoki

Generations 3DS had like 10 months, the 3DS version was confirmed much later during Console Generations development. This game's 3Ds version was confirmed right along with the Console version. So its far more likely to have a proper amount of development time than Generations 3DS.