Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

How about a Ristar cameo for the 3DS version? Huh? Huh? Am I right guys? Eh? Who agrees?

... plz come back ristar

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Polish... There's polish everywhere.... 

The level transitions are smoother, the framerate looks pretty good, even Sonic's model looks a little better!

Dat Frozen Factory music... so peaceful, so calming, so well fitting...

And what's THIS? Slight level remixes to better fit the location in both Desert Ruins stages? Just like in Colors?! All of my yes. All of it.

Ivory still gives off an over powered vibe to me, and I'm loving every second of it. I love its theme too! This soundtrack guys. I mean, this soundtrack. Ohtani - san deserves several cookies right now.

...I'll stop gushing for now. If only the player knew he had the Somersault Kick thing.

"Eh, you could do a little better." Sonic summed up the whole video in one sentence. That Desert Ruins 1 music is fantastic, though.

Forget Silver, Sonic is the true psychic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait where about did he say that in the footage that's fourth wall breaking

It was at the end of the video, during the results screen. Sonic said this when the player got a C rank.

In terms of art direction, Frozen Factory honestly looks really bland - The Wii U version really looks like a winter wonderland - The 3DS version looks more like Blue Hill Zone. I know I shouldn't expect anything close to the quality of the Wii U version, but it could at least look a bit more inspired.

Maybe they're seperate acts and we'll get something more along the lines of what we saw in the play Together trailer in one of the later acts, but despite the gameplay being leaps and bounds ahead of Generations 3DS, the art direction just looks really bland.

Some better gameplay of Desert Ruins 2 & Frozen Factory 1, cant wait for see the other 5, 6 acts of these levels.

In terms of art direction, Frozen Factory honestly looks really bland - The Wii U version really looks like a winter wonderland - The 3DS version looks more like Blue Hill Zone. I know I shouldn't expect anything close to the quality of the Wii U version, but it could at least look a bit more inspired.

Maybe they're seperate acts and we'll get something more along the lines of what we saw in the play Together trailer in one of the later acts, but despite the gameplay being leaps and bounds ahead of Generations 3DS, the art direction just looks really bland.

Well its only the 1st stage of the level =P, I mean Desert Ruins Zone 1 looked really wide & empty compared to the Desert Ruins on the Wii U & its high flying Crimson Eagle. Then I was like, why am I comparing the 3DS to the Wii U, they both have exclusive level design XD

Edited by KingKnux
  • Thumbs Up 2

I noticed that the spindash in the WiiU version charges more like the Sonic 2 spindash where you rev up speed by mashing A (whilst still holding ZL).  However, in the 3DS veresion the spindash charges over time more like Generations default spindash.  Also in the 3DS version you can use spindash to initiate your parkour, which is something you can't do in the WiiU version (personally I actually prefer the look of the latter, it seems more balanced and makes more sense to me).

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, just chalk it up to the higher detail quality of the Wii U version. In all honesty, the 3DS version's winter based effect is a lot closer to  this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57_rEIX9Ro

Which isn't too bad considering the system.

and Mario footage because partnership, ain't I clever

Oh yea & here's my theory on why the 3DS version is gonna have 6 acts.

If you look at the demo screen you see that they point out the wisp on the side of each zone, so for example: Frozen Factory 1 features the Ivory Lightning while Desert Ruins 2 features the Yellow Drill =D. Desert Ruins Act 1 features the Indigo Astroid wisp, now If you look at these screenshots you'll see different wisps & so far i've came up to the conclusion that each act has 1 wisp:

l_52049f161a0ce.jpg

The Red Burst in a certain act in Desert Ruins

l_52049f1596d28.jpg

The Grey Quake in a certain act in Desert Ruins

l_52049f1647f27.jpg

Indigo Astroid in an act in Desert Ruins (Its not Desert Ruins act 1)

So yea thats 4 levels right there, meaning yes, the 3DS will have 6 acts in each zone =D. Im gonna asume right now that the other 2 stages in Desert Ruins are a 3DS version of the Candy Stage (Hopefully featuring Red Burst & bringing the Popcorn cannons from Sonic Colors DS, I loved those things =D) & the Honeycomb level cause hey we already saw Frozen Factory's snowboarding sections which were straightfoward with a sense of Mach speed, so why not?

• Thumbs Up 3

KingKnux, on 24 Aug 2013 - 00:37, said:Oh yea & here's my theory on why the 3DS version is gonna have 6 acts.If you look at the demo screen you see that they point out the wisp on the side of each zone, so for example: Frozen Factory 1 features the Ivory Lightning while Desert Ruins 2 features the Yellow Drill =D. Desert Ruins Act 1 features the Indigo Astroid wisp, now If you look at these screenshots you'll see different wisps & so far i've came up to the conclusion that each act has 1 wisp:
The Red Burst in a certain act in Desert RuinsThe Grey Quake in a certain act in Desert RuinsIndigo Astroid in an act in Desert Ruins (Its not Desert Ruins act 1)
So yea thats 4 levels right there, meaning yes, the 3DS will have 6 acts in each zone =D. Im gonna asume right now that the other 2 stages in Desert Ruins are a 3DS version of the Candy Stage (Hopefully featuring Red Burst & bringing the Popcorn cannons from Sonic Colors DS, I loved those things =D) & the Honeycomb level cause hey we already saw Frozen Factory's snowboarding sections which were straightfoward with a sense of Mach speed, so why not?

That's five

edit:oh wow i fucked up the quote there lol

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

KingKnux, on 24 Aug 2013 - 00:37, said:Oh yea & here's my theory on why the 3DS version is gonna have 6 acts.If you look at the demo screen you see that they point out the wisp on the side of each zone, so for example: Frozen Factory 1 features the Ivory Lightning while Desert Ruins 2 features the Yellow Drill =D. Desert Ruins Act 1 features the Indigo Astroid wisp, now If you look at these screenshots you'll see different wisps & so far i've came up to the conclusion that each act has 1 wisp:

The Red Burst in a certain act in Desert RuinsThe Grey Quake in a certain act in Desert RuinsIndigo Astroid in an act in Desert Ruins (Its not Desert Ruins act 1)

That's five

edit:oh wow i fucked up the quote there l

Awww D=. With 5 acts the last one is most likely gonna be the Sweet Mountain looking stage due to the fact that the Honeycomb level is one of those tube levels which arent on the 3ds, so yea. I guess thats it for Desert Ruins stages then, =P.

Edited by KingKnux

Awww D=. With 5 acts the last one is most likely gonna be the Sweet Mountain looking stage due to the fact that the Honeycomb level is one of those tube levels which arent on the 3ds, so yea. I guess thats it for Desert Ruins stages then, =P.

It is HIGHLY likely that there could be more than one wisp per act, like colours where after unlocking new wisps they go into the later levels, sometimes you can get 2-3 wisps from the get go

It is HIGHLY likely that there could be more than one wisp per act, like colours where after unlocking new wisps they go into the later levels, sometimes you can get 2-3 wisps from the get go

True. From the looks of it, Cyan Laser and Indigo Asteroid are unlocked in Windy Hill alone on this version, and Orange Rocket is unlocked as well on Wii U. Rocket might be in the 3DS version too, so there's that.

You know, from how the Special Stages are described, would you think that the High Speed Tube levels could just be the Special Stages instead? I'd be a little bummed out if this was the case and I hope these Mach Speed zones are part of the 6 act structure, but something tells me they're confined to the Special Stage set - up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you are correct since special stages fit with the 360 degree tubes unless I'm mistaken

So we have four returning wisps and seevn new wisps, one of which appears to be obtainable only through Miiverse

I hope we get more as well. I'm surprised they actually added this much haha

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Even still

True. From the looks of it, Cyan Laser and Indigo Asteroid are unlocked in Windy Hill alone on this version, and Orange Rocket is unlocked as well on Wii U. Rocket might be in the 3DS version too, so there's that.

You know, from how the Special Stages are described, would you think that the High Speed Tube levels could just be the Special Stages instead? I'd be a little bummed out if this was the case and I hope these Mach Speed zones are part of the 6 act structure, but something tells me they're confined to the Special Stage set - up.

Ehh I thought that Crimson Eagle, Magenta Rhythm & Orange Rocket were Wii U exclusive? Anyway yea, the special stages do count as tubes, but arent the Special stages in the 3DS version like used with the Gyro Scope? And about the wisps, in Sonic Colors they were a completely new gimmick, in this game its a returning gimmick meaning things could be different so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Something else I noticed about Sonic Lost World's 3DS is, when you start the act it says "Zone so & so" meaning a wider space so yea another thing to look at, here are the wisps exclusive to each version.

Wii U:
Crimson Eagle

Magenta Rhythm

Orange Rocket

Black Bomb (So far through the Mii-Verse)

3DS:

Red Burst

Grey Quake

Ivory Lightning

Both:

Cyan Lazer

Yellow Drill

Indigo Astroid

With that being said, 6 zones with 6 stages in each is 36 in total with 6 wisps in each version. I remember back in Sonic Colors DS there was only 6 wisps with 2 wisps per world, but this is a completely different game & so far through the demo's there was 1 wisp per zone. Example:

Desert Ruins Zone 1: Indigo Astroid

Desert Ruins Zone 2: Yellow Drill

Back in Colors though, there was about 1-2 wisps in an area, & so far I dont think you really unlock wisps in this game, their just in the levels as a gimmick, unlike in Colors how it was a new gimmick/mechanic.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was possible DLC, or Pre-order bonus for the 3DS version, now we all know the Wii U version has the Night's Deadly Six pack. In Sonic Racing Transformed we saw that the 3DS version got Metal Sonic & Outrun Bay like its older brother version, I hope thats the case with this version, but If not I got another idea. Im pretty sure you all remember Sonic Chronical's The Dark Brotherhood, well I was thinking if the Nights content didnt make its way to the 3DS version, maybe we could see some Sonic Chronical's Bosses & an exclusive level like Nocturne make its way into the game, what do you guys think =D.

Something else I noticed about Sonic Lost World's 3DS is, when you start the act it says "Zone so & so" meaning a wider space so yea another thing to look at, here are the wisps exclusive to each version.

Wii U:

Crimson Eagle

Magenta Rhythm

Orange Rocket

Black Bomb (So far through the Mii-Verse)

3DS:

Red Burst

Grey Quake

Ivory Lightning

Both:

Cyan Lazer

Yellow Drill

Indigo Astroid

With that being said, 6 zones with 6 stages in each is 36 in total with 6 wisps in each version. I remember back in Sonic Colors DS there was only 6 wisps with 2 wisps per world, but this is a completely different game & so far through the demo's there was 1 wisp per zone. Example:

Desert Ruins Zone 1: Indigo Astroid

Desert Ruins Zone 2: Yellow Drill

Back in Colors though, there was about 1-2 wisps in an area, & so far I dont think you really unlock wisps in this game, their just in the levels as a gimmick, unlike in Colors how it was a new gimmick/mechanic.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was possible DLC, or Pre-order bonus for the 3DS version, now we all know the Wii U version has the Night's Deadly Six pack. In Sonic Racing Transformed we saw that the 3DS version got Metal Sonic & Outrun Bay like its older brother version, I hope thats the case with this version, but If not I got another idea. Im pretty sure you all remember Sonic Chronical's The Dark Brotherhood, well I was thinking if the Nights content didnt make its way to the 3DS version, maybe we could see some Sonic Chronical's Bosses & an exclusive level like Nocturne make its way into the game, what do you guys think =D.

If we can't have Night DLC, there's always Ristar...

As interesting as the idea of making a rather flawed level and making it better a la Generations with Crisis City and giving it a much better remix than that foolishness we got in Chronicles I'm not sure how that would work. There were at most 3 real bosses in that world: the two elite Gizoid type guards (forgot the name) and Ix. Half of the Deadly Six wouldn't have anyone to fight with. Still, you've got somethin.'

So there's fourth wall breaking lines during the ranking screen? That's pretty funny actually, I hope that's in the Wii U version.