Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

So there's fourth wall breaking lines during the ranking screen? That's pretty funny actually, I hope that's in the Wii U version.

It doesn't seem to be, but Sonic's victory animation sometimes syncs with the music, which is cute.

When I get this game, I'm gonna forget that the Wii U version exists, because the 3DS verison looks really good on it's own. And that Frozen Factory stage, I can't stop watching, it's looks like a Gamecube platformer. I've gotta send Dimps chocolate, or something, this is great work, especially compared to Dimperations.

• Thumbs Up 3

My hope for the 3DS version is that the storyline is identical to the Wii U version, with the same cutscenes. Whether they're down-ressed or played as a video like Unleashed Wii did, I just wanna see those awesome cutscenes in-game, rather than on YouTube.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, the 3DS version's art looks so flat to me. It may not be as powerful as the Wii U, but the 3DS is plenty capable of making aesthetically appealing art. It's not even that it's necessarily bad, it's just boring.

• Thumbs Up 2

If we can't have Night DLC, there's always Ristar...

As interesting as the idea of making a rather flawed level and making it better a la Generations with Crisis City and giving it a much better remix than that foolishness we got in Chronicles I'm not sure how that would work. There were at most 3 real bosses in that world: the two elite Gizoid type guards (forgot the name) and Ix. Half of the Deadly Six wouldn't have anyone to fight with. Still, you've got somethin.'

Lol yea, Im not an old school Sega player cause im only 14, but yea I just googled Ristar & it looks pretty epic so yea thats another thing

Ugh, the 3DS version's art looks so flat to me. It may not be as powerful as the Wii U, but the 3DS is plenty capable of making aesthetically appealing art. It's not even that it's necessarily bad, it's just boring.

Same for me, that whole "destroy bots to proceed" gets boring real fast. This happened a lot in sonic heroes. final fortress can go screw it's self. I just want to keep moving!

That desert level with the rolling heads. that's no good for me. Too boring, not much action

Same for me, that whole "destroy bots to proceed" gets boring real fast. This happened a lot in sonic heroes. final fortress can go screw it's self. I just want to keep moving!

That desert level with the rolling heads. that's no good for me. Too boring, not much action

The 3DS version isnt as powerful as the Wii U, besides comparing the 3DS version to the Wii U version is pointless. They do share stage themes & badniks & stuff like that but they dont have the same level design. Either way you can choose to be fast or slow in the game, I plan to abuse Spindash & wisps & get stuff overwith & have fun at the same time

Sure the 3DS is underpowered, but if the Wii can pull off Sonic Colors then I don't see how the 3DS can't pull off something similar considering the fact it's using a more less resource-hog style.

Oh yea something else I remembered.

So you remember how in Sonic Colors, in the Wii U version Red Star Rings unlocked more levels in the Sonic Simulator so you could get Chaos Emeralds to unlock Super Sonic? Well in the DS version of Sonic Colors when you collected Red Star Rings you get stuff like, Illustrations, & music. Then when you collected them all you got the Infinite Boost, which helped me so much on my speedruns, I keep it on all the time. So yea what do you think Red Star Rings will unlock in the 3DS? Heres my idea on what the Star Rings will unlock:

Artwork

Music

^ These 2 for sure

Idk about these maybe one could be in the game when you collect all the Red Star Rings:

Longer & Faster Spindash

Faster Serial Homing

Maybe the boost =O

Idk thats all I got, what are some of your idea's =/

Sure the 3DS is underpowered, but if the Wii can pull off Sonic Colors then I don't see how the 3DS can't pull off something similar considering the fact it's using a more less resource-hog style.

Lol I didnt mean it in a bad way, I just ment it's not as powerful like graphic & art design wise

the 3ds version doesn't just look worse than the wii u version, it looks really flat and boring regardless of what console it's on. it's not the graphical fidelity i'm taoking about, it's the art direction itself. the 3ds is perfectly capable of pretty art

I think it looks good enough. It's doing a fine job replicating the Wii U version's graphics with the 3DS' power, sans detail.

• Thumbs Up 3

the 3ds version doesn't just look worse than the wii u version, it looks really flat and boring regardless of what console it's on. it's not the graphical fidelity i'm taoking about, it's the art direction itself. the 3ds is perfectly capable of pretty art

Its capable of good art for sure, I mean look at KH Dream Drop Distance, shit is beautiful. Anyway I think it's fine how it is, to me I think it feels slightly empty though. Regardless this game is a 1st day buy for me, I already have a plan for the level's and everything:

Run through the stage looking for Red Star Ring's & taking legit path's through the level's (This game has some pretty diverse paths, another thing I like about this game). Then the 2nd time around i'll speedrun the level & take all the shortcuts I can.

I feel that the 3DS version could look a lot better, but for what it is, it looks alright. Nothing amazing, but nothing particularly bad, either. I just hope that they take better advantage of the 3DS hardware for future 3DS Sonic games.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 7

Oh hai there =).

Well I'm new here and I wanted to be in this discussion because I'm buying Sonic Lost World 3DS when it comes out =).

I don't want to change the conversation too much, so I'll just keep up.

The visuals in Lost World doesn't look bland or boring to me, I think they're actually pretty good. It's not the best the Nintendo 3DS can do. They're nothing truly impressive, but they're not bad or boring at all IMO.

The level design it's truly amazing if you compare it to Dimps' past works. I also think the design it's as good as the Wii U version, especially Desert Ruins' design, which I think it's way better than DesSert Ruins for the Wii U. The gimmicks and puzzles may be a bit odd and somewhat confusing at times, but it's at least challenging and there's more to do than just popping truffles.

The graphics is fine to me in the 3ds version but the level design seem too boring, little action and more "complete a task" I feel alot of puzzles in this version. Snowboarding level looks fun though

I'm liking the puzzle-platforming direction in this version. The Desert Ruins ball puzzles look boring, but not bad, but the snowball and icy steam puzzles look alright. If the spin dash jump worlds here like it did in Generations, I can assure you that there will be a way to skip the steam puzzles. As for the parts that require an amount of enemies to be beaten to proceed, I'm neutral about it, especially the badnik-only parts, since the homing attack is much faster now.

The graphics is fine to me in the 3ds version but the level design seem too boring, little action and more "complete a task" I feel alot of puzzles in this version. Snowboarding level looks fun though

I agree, although if it legitamately adds more play time I might warm up to it, besides most of the people I've seen playing this: 1. ignore the hints given to them, 2. never use the wind kick, or 3. just flat out suck (errrrrrr...)

I'm liking the puzzle-platforming direction in this version. The Desert Ruins ball puzzles look boring, but not bad, but the snowball and icy steam puzzles look alright. If the spin dash jump worlds here like it did in Generations, I can assure you that there will be a way to skip the steam puzzles. As for the parts that require an amount of enemies to be beaten to proceed, I'm neutral about it, especially the badnik-only parts, since the homing attack is much faster now.

Off topic: That new title is now officially the greatest thing ever.

On topic: Thankfully the puzzles at least are quite thought out. Speaking of the badnik parts, I wonder if there are also the multiple hidden capsules here too. I haven't noticed any.

The Desert Ruins puzzles are, like I said before, still better than just popping truffles like in Dessert Ruins 3. The parts of beating certain amount of badniks are OK, but somewhat unnecessary in my opinion. But man, those Giant badniks or mini "bosses" are really cool! It's not like they're truly difficult to beat but at least they add  a bit more challenge to the level, especially those big snakes of Desert Ruins 1.

Edited by Dan a hed

Oh hai there =).

Well I'm new here and I wanted to be in this discussion because I'm buying Sonic Lost World 3DS when it comes out =).

I don't want to change the conversation too much, so I'll just keep up.

The visuals in Lost World doesn't look bland or boring to me, I think they're actually pretty good. It's not the best the Nintendo 3DS can do. They're nothing truly impressive, but they're not bad or boring at all IMO.

The level design it's truly amazing if you compare it to Dimps' past works. I also think the design it's as good as the Wii U version, especially Desert Ruins' design, which I think it's way better than DesSert Ruins for the Wii U. The gimmicks and puzzles may be a bit odd and somewhat confusing at times, but it's at least challenging and there's more to do than just popping truffles.

Welcome to tha boards =D

Theres alot of reasons I like this game, gonna name a few:

- Wisps on the 3DS version are super epic, I feel like their better than the Wii U versions Wisps =D

- The Stages are so awesome in this version, they remind me alot of the Wii U version while at the same time, have their own level design, the 3DS version gets 6 acts to so yea.

- The multi paths in this game add a wider sense of adventure, & im gonna spend alot of time trying out all the different paths, unlike in Sonic Generations with the lower & the upper path.  Im gonna be playing this game for a long time & im gonna try to use every path so I dont get bored of the same old stuff over & over again.

So far my rating on this game is 10/10 its so fucking perfect =D. This is a game i'll never get tired of.

The Desert Ruins puzzles are, like I said before, still better than just popping truffles like in Dessert Ruins 3. The parts of beating certain amount of badniks are OK, but somewhat unnecessary in my opinion. But man, those Giant badniks or mini "bosses" are really cool! It's not like they're truly difficult to beat but at least they add  a bit more challenge to the level, especially those big snakes of Desert Ruins 1.

Welcome to the forums, though I can't say I agree.  The bouncing on truffles was pretty much the best thing about that level (the rest of the level looks a little underwhelming otherwise imo) and better than all the puzzle gimmicks in the 3DS version of the game shown so far.  Mainly because it's relevant to Sonic's core gameplay and the challenge of it stems from your skill and dexterity rather than having to slow down and kill your flow to do something that looks potentially confusing and tedious rather than a genuinely fun challenge.  I feel that in a platformer like Sonic, the difficulty should stem from clever platforming challenges and arrangements rather than odd puzzle segments that don't really compliment the overall style of the gameplay.  

Welcome to the forums, though I can't say I agree.  The bouncing on truffles was pretty much the best thing about that level (the rest of the level looks a little underwhelming otherwise imo) and better than all the puzzle gimmicks in the 3DS version of the game shown so far.  Mainly because it's relevant to Sonic's core gameplay and the challenge of it stems from your skill and dexterity rather than having to slow down and kill your flow to do something that looks potentially confusing and tedious rather than a genuinely fun challenge.  I feel that in a platformer like Sonic, the difficulty should stem from clever platforming challenges and arrangements rather than odd puzzle segments that don't really compliment the overall style of the gameplay.  

Thanks bro! =). But I can't say I'm totally agree with you as well. This game has different styles of gameplay so why not puzzles? I know the puzzle-style gameplay doesn't scream "SONIC" at all but since this game tries to innovate and add many different styles of gameplay add a totally unexpected style it's not a bad idea IMO. I admit that the ball gimmicks look somewhat tedious, but still, they look more interesting than just popping truffles, that's just boring, and doesn't look really fun at all in my opinion. I'm not saying the ball puzzle gimmicks look super fun and stuff, but I certainly find them more interesting and less boring than the CRAZY KILLER TRUFFLES (lol). The structure of the level is certainly better as well. Desert Ruins ZONE 3, despite the truffles it's a really basic and boring level, so I could say I'm agree with you in that =P.  However I quite enjoyed those wacky angle changes, but still that doesn't changes the outcome of the level. 

Edited by Dan a hed

Welcome to tha boards =D

Theres alot of reasons I like this game, gonna name a few:

- Wisps on the 3DS version are super epic, I feel like their better than the Wii U versions Wisps =D

- The Stages are so awesome in this version, they remind me alot of the Wii U version while at the same time, have their own level design, the 3DS version gets 6 acts to so yea.

- The multi paths in this game add a wider sense of adventure, & im gonna spend alot of time trying out all the different paths, unlike in Sonic Generations with the lower & the upper path.  Im gonna be playing this game for a long time & im gonna try to use every path so I dont get bored of the same old stuff over & over again.

So far my rating on this game is 10/10 its so fucking perfect =D. This is a game i'll never get tired of.

Thanks! =D. 

-Agreed, that Ivory wisp looks EPIC! Sure it's similar to the Cyan wisp but the homing attack and the ability to grab onto that electric tubes (or whatever they are) are quite cool IMO.

-Agreed (again), I find the level design just as good as the Wii U design, or at least it looks like they at least had time to do it (Sonic Generations', or DIMPerations as they call it here design was cool but it doesn't looks like they really had enough time to do it), it looks like they really put effort in it, as well.

-I know, right? multiple paths add more exploration and make the levels even more replayable! 

Oh and the graphics look pretty cool (and I thought that generations 3DS looked cool =P) for 3DS standards.  Sure the 3DS can do better than that but they still look awesome.

I think someone will hardly get tired of this epic game. I'm planning to pre-order this if it's available in the store where I buy all my games, and if it's not, I WILL SEARCH FOR IT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I MUST GO TO THE U.S.A, I WILL GET IT.

Thanks! =D. 

-Agreed, that Ivory wisp looks EPIC! Sure it's similar to the Cyan wisp but the homing attack and the ability to grab onto that electric tubes (or whatever they are) are quite cool IMO.

-Agreed (again), I find the level design just as good as the Wii U design, or at least it looks like they at least had time to do it (Sonic Generations', or DIMPerations as they call it here design was cool but it doesn't looks like they really had enough time to do it), it looks like they really put effort in it, as well.

-I know, right? multiple paths add more exploration and make the levels even more replayable! 

Oh and the graphics look pretty cool (and I thought that generations 3DS looked cool =P) for 3DS standards.  Sure the 3DS can do better than that but they still look awesome.

I think someone will hardly get tired of this epic game. I'm planning to pre-order this if it's available in the store where I buy all my games, and if it's not, I WILL SEARCH FOR IT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I MUST GO TO THE U.S.A, I WILL GET IT.

Haha yea =D! The 3DS version has 6 acts too, which adds a shit load of replay factor to the game. Only real thing im worried about in this game is that freaking Pre-Order Bonus or DLC!!! It looks really great & I wonder how it would play out on the 3DS version. Another thing I wanna note is the Red Star Rings, back in Sonic Colors DS you got the Infinite Boost for collecting them all. I wonder what will happen in the 3DS version though? Longer & Faster Spindash? , Longer & Faster Parkour? , maybe even the Boost? Id, what do you think will happen after you collect em all.

Haha yea =D! The 3DS version has 6 acts too, which adds a shit load of replay factor to the game. Only real thing im worried about in this game is that freaking Pre-Order Bonus or DLC!!! It looks really great & I wonder how it would play out on the 3DS version. Another thing I wanna note is the Red Star Rings, back in Sonic Colors DS you got the Infinite Boost for collecting them all. I wonder what will happen in the 3DS version though? Longer & Faster Spindash? , Longer & Faster Parkour? , maybe even the Boost? Id, what do you think will happen after you collect em all.

Well, In Sonic Colors DS it unlocked the infinite boost and in the Wii version Super Sonic, so for the 3DS version I guess they'll unlock various skills like in Generations (NOT the 3DS version), like the Light speed dash, but not the boost, it doesn't match with the gameplay style, which is 3D-2D platforming mainly, not fast-paced levels like Sonic Unleashed or Generations. But one thing is for sure: They'll unlock art and music.