Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Sonic 4 e1 and e2 were main games? 

Well they are Sonic 4, whether we like it or not.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well they are Sonic 4, whether we like it or not.

I thought that Advance was Sonic 4 and Sega named those recent games that ironically.

Seriously though, I know there's a lot of Dimps hate, but I think that Advance was ten times the better game than 4 was.

Not sure I get the part at the end. The only thing I got from this was Nintendo was either desperate for sonics help, or sonic thought he was a big deal and Nintendo is just awkwardly waiting for him to leave lol

From the comic itself; its supposed to portray Sonic as one of those washed up celebrities who's trying to relive their glory days. Mostly because this benefits Sega a lot more than it does Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

And as you know at this point in 2013, this type of parody has never been done to death and is a completely original and fresh idea regarding parodies and Sonic, so please keep doing this webcomic writers, it will never get tired or old at all, ever.

Some people just can't keep up with the times, and ironically enough, given their criticism of Sonic being washed up, it is they who suffers from this..

Sonic isn't trying to rival or compete with Mario, he's just trying to help SEGA/Nintendo out by having 3 of his games exclusive on it. :\

Are we going to get so passively aggressive about every single parody? There comes a point when you just shouldn't give a fuck anymore people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's face it, Sonic just fits with Nintendo's image.

I really want to disagree with you, but I can't. I have no evidence. @.@

Sometimes the best rivals can make the best friends. Let's face it, Sonic just fits with Nintendo's image.

Well yeah, because Sonic is Sega's Mario after all. Though Sonic was always a more edgy and teenager character...

Though Sonic was always a more edgy and teenager character...

Or tried to be, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic and Mario became famous in the same era, games had a similar image to both of them in general back then. Nowadays Nintendo systems are the only ones typically associated with mascot-like characters, whereas back then everyone had mascot platformers.

So I wouldn't say Sonic fits Nintendo "perfectly", back then there were of course differences between Nintendo and SEGA's images, SEGA was more typically associated with rebellion and attitude (ooh the 90s) but now he does fit in better with Mario n co than he does with the Kratos' and Marcus Fenix' of gaming, and the era he's from has a lot to do with where his image came from.

Edited by SuperLink

So do you disagree, or reluctantly agree? I think it's a pretty accurate statement. There's a reason Sonic performs so well on Nintendo platforms.

I wanted to disagree on he said, but I can't because as you said apart from Sonic Heroes, Sonic has performed well on Nintendo consoles against other competitors.

I don't think making Sonic look jaundiced would be an improvement. Also his mouth looks almost vertical, what.

It's a matter of time. He can fix it. Especially Omnitrix does render in one day! IN ONE DAY

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

So do you disagree, or reluctantly agree? I think it's a pretty accurate statement. There's a reason Sonic performs so well on Nintendo platforms.

Someone at Retro posted this pic of Walugi:

toothy_zps34bbf085.jpg

I'd expect him to look very much like that, only a bit more batshit with a smile, instead of evil.

Im liking the increasing likelihood of these guys being legit villains......unless these are his "evil" forms and as Sonic put it one time, has to "beat the evil out of them".

toothy_zps34bbf085.jpg

This might end up being accurate, but I totally didn't see it this way.

I saw him as being dragon-like with a long snout. The "tooth" he highlighted looked like a nostril to me for the longest time, but now I can't unsee that goofy face. 

• Thumbs Up 4

This might end up being accurate, but I totally didn't see it this way.

I saw him as being dragon-like with a long snout. The "tooth" he highlighted looked like a nostril to me for the longest time, but now I can't unsee that goofy face. 

That's the really cool thing about these silhouettes- they leave so much to the imagination! I've interpreted Walugi as having a huge, open mouth since I first saw him, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Him having a long snout never occurred to me.

I wasn't sure what that thing on the side of Mushu's head was, but now I think it's his tongue.

I'm also thinking he doesn't have fluffy cheeks, but rather a spiked collar. It fits more into his motif to have that, and I think JPEG pixels are messing up what little of the silhouette it has.

I'm also thinking he doesn't have fluffy cheeks, but rather a spiked collar. It fits more into his motif to have that, and I think JPEG pixels are messing up what little of the silhouette it has.

It is a spiked collar. Not sure how you could see fluffy cheeks from it.

Also, his are larger in diameter compared to the other ones wearing them.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I was referring to the mock-up that Blue Blood posted from Sonic Retro. Whoever drew it gave him what looks like fur on the side.