Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Also about SA2 spoiling us...speak for yourself. I still think that the game is nothing special. I've recently played it and it's definitely not the "LAST GEWD SANIK GAEM" the Adventure fans claim it to be...it's all blinding nostalgia in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the unlockable rewards for all S ranks. SA2 gave us something big and enjoyable. Generations basically says congratz! and shoves you out the front door.

SA2 spoiled us by proxy on that one.

We can get the exact time of the announcement. Says Japanese twitter, it will be May 30: ”ティザーサイトに謎のシルエットが!!彼らは敵!?それとも味方!?詳細は30 日に公開!”at the beginning of the day.

Current time: 3PM GMT May 29, like a today. 

Okay, I think all cooked popcorn and lots of candy. :3

Just reminding everyone- 3pm GMT tomorrow. Google time conversion if you need to know what it is for your own time zone. I'm not sure if the mean GMT for definite, or if it's actually supposed to be BST. So between 2pm and 4pm tomorrow the goods should be rolling in.

• Thumbs Up 4

I did the time conversion for canada ontario, I got 11am

by the time i come home for lunch at 11:30, i'm expecting news.
CGI Trailer
and at least some gameplay

Edited by jordine

Dang it! It would have to be on a day I have to work. Oh well, guess I'll just catch up on the news when I get back.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the unlockable rewards for all S ranks. SA2 gave us something big and enjoyable.

Just ask yourself: did you enjoy playing Mad Space at least five times (among playing the rest of a faulty game) for a choppy recreation of Green Hill Act 1 with a lazy art direction, or finding all those Red Rings and doing every Sonic Simulator challenge for a lazy-mode Super Sonic?

Was it worth making?

Oh, good, so the news will be out around an hour after I usually wake up! Awesome.

Edited by t0ms0nic

*looks at works schedule*

Oh snap. I close Wednesday. So I should be able to catch the news as well. Jolly good show people.

These things probably aren't gonna look anywhere near as cool as these sketches you guys are making.

Haven't you learned anything from Pokémon?

These things probably aren't gonna look anywhere near as cool as these sketches you guys are making.

Aw shit, he's right.

Why so grump, old man?

• Thumbs Up 3

The hype is High! I work 7am to 3pm EST tomorrow, so I'm expecting some artwork... a CGI trailer... mmmaybe a lil' Gameplay. sunnuvaomgrofllolwtfttylFTW I cannot wait. x3

Why so grump, old man?

O-Old?! I'm only 22, I swear! :<

Really tho', I like the look of most of the silhouettes but they can be very deceiving at the end of the day. I don't want to get my hopes up looking at some pretty well done sketches.

...a lot of them are pretty cool and the people whining about new ones are usually dumb?
  • Thumbs Up 4

So when the full designs of these characters fail to meet some people's expectations (which is bound to happen to some extent) you'll be there to call all of them morons, right?

I'm not even saying I definitely won't like them. I'm just saying that silhouettes can be deceiving.

Edited by Chooch

Most of the sketches here have pretty much been posting generic Sonic faces on silhouetted bodies, which is okay I guess, but it's not speaking to amazing character design either. I've got my hopes up that- if nothing else- Sonic Team knows how to design appealing cartoon characters to fit their universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched the trailer, I guess I was hyped too early. This is not the game that I have waited. I'm afraid of thinking what the plot is.

Edited by SpeedyTH

Holy shit is that parkour elements!? And new moves, and spinning Sonic legs?

I haven't seen a game that looks so Sonicy in forever, I have to say I was genuinely intrigued by the trailer. I can't wait for inevitable E3 impressions, it looks like it'll be a bit more explorable too, even if the paths are straight it looks like there are many of them and many different ways to traverse the levels as seen by the parkour element.

Wowowowow.

Also I think I'm gonna stay out of this thread largely because I expect negative conclusion to be jumped to, I'm just extremely impressed they're not playing it safe and it still looks solid.

COULD THEY BE TRYING TO REPLICATE CLASSIC PHYSICS IN 3D!?

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh, now that a trailer's here...

You're a day early.

Even if it wasn't intentional, I guess I was right on time all along! Dohohoho!

• Thumbs Up 6

Also looks like it's definitely been somewhat inspired by Sonic X-Treme, that's something I never thought I'd see again.

Well...

I don't really know. It looks great, and it looks like we've got a lot more variety. But then again, I'd have to wait for more than that trailer.

And as others have said, very Sonic X-treme.