Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I'd like clarification on how recently this was "confirmed" because if it was a while ago it might be irrelevant, or be a plan for something that never became reality.

Could even have been that he was being credited in the HD re-release of SA2, that simple.

A project which could have been/could be anything Sonic related:

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/07/05/hunnid-p-claims-involvement-with-new-project-for-sonic/

I'd like clarification on how recently this was "confirmed" because if it was a while ago it might be irrelevant, or be a plan for something that never became reality.

Could even have been that he was being credited in the HD re-release of SA2, that simple.

Nah, he definitely wasn't talking about SA2.

is the video (warning: cover your ears since it's bloody awful music), and the comment was this:

SunshineOpenFeint (10 months ago): but nuckels isnt there a emrold yor sposd to be garding

Emmanuel Armoogam (10 months ago): ill have some new knuckles music as soon as sega and i work on this new project for sonic so stay tuned!!! i have many different projects im workin on n im here to give my fans what they want thx!

Gravity Hammer (2 months ago): Sonic adventure 3? can u gives us more clues?

So either he's actually working/worked on a new game and that would most likely be Lost World, or it was a sarcastic remark implying that he's not worked with SEGA in over 10 years. Though actually it doesn't really sound like the latter upon re-reading it in full now. I won't get my hopes up though. Hunnid-P returning would be awesome. In part because I genuinely enjoyed his contributions to SA2 and also because of the implications it has for a certain Rad Red.

Edited by Blue Blood

A project which could have been/could be anything Sonic related:

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/07/05/hunnid-p-claims-involvement-with-new-project-for-sonic/

Is the account and everything legit (as in is it the real hunnidp?)

Could be that they're just making a new tribute album or something, or that the project plans they had didn't go through in the end.

I'd love to see Knuckles in Lost World, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game that's going to have multiple player characters or character themes.

Is the account and everything legit (as in is it the real hunnidp?)

Yes the account is the real Hunnid-P. He's on Facebook and Google Plus too, always sporting that 'propa gangsta aigh't bitch' picture of Knuckles.

A:I am thinking that Nintendo might do the Pre-E3 direct early on May 29, 2013 and we will get the news from Nintendo.

or we might get this option:

B: SEGA does their own Sonic Direct and announce as much news as possible for Sonic: Lost World on May 29, 2013. 

A:I am thinking that Nintendo might do the Pre-E3 direct early on May 29, 2013 and we will get the news from Nintendo.

B: SEGA does their own Sonic Direct and announce as much news as possible for Sonic: Lost World on May 29, 2013. 

It doesn't have to be through Nintendo Direct. The most likely option is that SEGA reveals the trailer on May 29 on their website, Facebook, Twitter and such. Just because it's a Wii U game, it doesn't really have to be announced directly (no pun intended :P) through Nintendo's words or any variation thereof.

Edited by Super Spindash

They'll just update on the Blog and Facebook.

SEGA's twitter:

BK9W2igCEAAAMGh.jpg

Okay I'm super late on commenting on the reveal on this board, but here's a summary of my initial reaction at the time:

lelouch-wtf-face.jpg

Now I'm not upset, or really excited, really just surprised. These stylized and zany proportions weren't what I was expecting when hearing about new characters showing up. Just looking at them and it makes me think "Huh? it's like they jumped right out of the world of Rayman into the Sonic Universe." Anyway I'm indifferent towards this so far. I'll wait for the actual character artwork to show up before forming a final opinion, and hopefully none of them make me cringe as much as Silvers, Black Dooms, or Mephlies designs.

Oh and we got an old Tornado plane again? ...Cool for those that actually care I guess?

Remember the last time Knuckles guarded a prized possession?

I don't.

It could be argued that Knuckles' lack of appearances in the recent games (bar Generations) is because he's guarding the M.E.

But it's most likely the writers forgetting that it exists.

Exciting times ahead of us.

If it's a CD/Colours hybrid game then I am all for that!

Tornado returning to its rightful place is awesome too!

It could be argued that Knuckles' lack of appearances in the recent games (bar Generations) is because he's guarding the M.E.

But it's most likely the writers forgetting that it exists.

Most likely this.

Sonic Direct, you say?

Hm...

t8hbolq.png

In all seriousness, they'll just post it on the Sega Blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 8

Ashthedragon over at Retro took a serious attempt at guessing the new characters' designs:

2DyE1my.jpg

Not Bowser and Grimmace look almost exactly like my guesses too. But I think Waluigi's silhouette shows his mouth wide open, in the sense he's a pretty extreme and somewhat crazy character. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Man I hope the girl character isn't that hideous.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 9

Ashthedragon got close to how I envisioned the old sky/cloud sage character would look. Minus the red eyes and lips, and a bigger nose.

this game is starting to reach new heights of 'kiddy' and so far, only sillouettes have been shown. not liking this new 'rayman' looking direction to be honest...

hopefully im proved wrong on the 29th

• Thumbs Up 1

this game is starting to reach new heights of 'kiddy' and so far, only sillouettes have been shown. not liking this new 'rayman' looking direction to be honest...

Well, Sonic IS a franchise made to appeal to children, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

this game is starting to reach new heights of 'kiddy'

How so? Is it because the "Lost World" actually looks to be colorful instead of just dull, bloomy and muted?

• Thumbs Up 6

Pickle.png

Chip.png

nisorbotcubot.png

colours-yacker-160x300.png

Sonic has been this way for a while man, I think you really need to come to terms with the fact that a series focused on a blue hedgehog won't be taken as seriously as you want it to and that Sega will appropriately show the series in a light hearted tone from now on, otherwise this really isn't the franchise for you at all.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 7

this game is starting to reach new heights of 'kiddy' and so far.

So my nephews playing the shit out of Sonic  seems odd right?

Edited by Abominal Taz