Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

My interpretation on the right (scuse the lack of skills)

waluigiface.png

Less demonic looking perhaps? I'd expect their features to be quite big and exaggerated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Retro's face with your head is basically what I'm thinking this guy looks like now:

purpleguardianthingie_zps90cda540.png

Although, that catty upper lip might be all wrong. It closes in his face a bit and doesn't allow for "big features" like you said. Either way, I'm curious as to what the heck this guy will look like with his mouth closed. He looks like a snake that just went too far.

...I SO wanna see a cleaned-up version of your sketch now, as it looks just plain badass!

So do you disagree, or reluctantly agree? I think it's a pretty accurate statement. There's a reason Sonic performs so well on Nintendo platforms.

Someone at Retro posted this pic of Walugi:

toothy_zps34bbf085.jpg

I'd expect him to look very much like that, only a bit more batshit with a smile, instead of evil.

My interpretation on the right (scuse the lack of skills)

waluigiface.png

Less demonic looking perhaps? I'd expect their features to be quite big and exaggerated.

Retro's face with your head is basically what I'm thinking this guy looks like now:

purpleguardianthingie_zps90cda540.png

Although, that catty upper lip might be all wrong. It closes in his face a bit and doesn't allow for "big features" like you said. Either way, I'm curious as to what the heck this guy will look like with his mouth closed. He looks like a snake that just went too far.

Guys, guys, guys, pay attention. Look carefully at just above the down lip, increase the bloom in Photoshop if needed. That's not an open mouth, that's a dog nose.

mushuface.png

Edited by Captain Harlock

If that is a dog nose, I don't think it's in the shape you've drawn. It looks to be much bigger. It would also give him the weirdest sloping head ever, like a horse almost.

inb4 it's a Jersey Devil.

inb4 it's a Jersey Devil.

all of the guardians are urban ledgends

final boss is slenderman

• Thumbs Up 4

I look forward to Wednesday when it turns out that all of us were wrong.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Suddenly all the guardians turn around at once, their forms convulging, and text appears on the screen that says...

INTRODUCING JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I look forward to Wednesday when it turns out that all of us were wrong.

Or (wishful thinking) I was (mostly) right about the designs.

I don't think they'll do it but would anyone be annoyed if they pulled a "concept art Friday" kind of thing and revealed one character a week rather than all six at once?

I don't think they'll do it but would anyone be annoyed if they pulled a "concept art Friday" kind of thing and revealed one character a week rather than all six at once?

A blade of grass a week

As long as I see more about the game and see what the game plays like, I don't care if they release one a month XD I'm just DYING to know what changes they've made to the gameplay mechanics... 

Watch all these fan drawings look nothing like the final version.

• Thumbs Up 6

all of the guardians are urban ledgends

final boss is slenderman

That would actually be pretty cool, sans the Slenderman.

I mean, Sonic: Supernatural doesn't appeal to anyone else?

I think Unleashed burnt everyone out on the idea of a supernatural Sonic. :3

• Thumbs Up 2

I know they seem to have black pants and somehow people are assuming that means the have a connection to Eggman. But if these guys are the bosses, which it would appear they are, then I'm worried this game will end up another where Eggman takes the back seat and that whoever these dudes are guarding or working for will be the final boss. More non-Eggman monster of the week material? I hope not :(

I would play a game with Vampire Sonic.

To be fair, the execution of that attempt was rather hit-or-miss for the most part.

I know they seem to have black pants and somehow people are assuming that means the have a connection to Eggman. But if these guys are the bosses, which it would appear they are, then I'm worried this game will end up another where Eggman takes the back seat and that whoever these dudes are guarding or working for will be the final boss. More non-Eggman monster of the week material? I hope not sad.png

The last two games had Eggman as the final boss, I guess it's time for a change of pace.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would play a game with Vampire Sonic.

Never mind the reason the Werehog is hated isn't so much the concept as the fact it makes him completely slow and his levels are just one sluggish brawl after another. You get a taste of Day's speed and then you're forced no less than around nine times back into those levels, never mind that you need to revisit them in all likelihood to collect more Medals for the Day stages that are MUCH better.

So yeah, execution over concept really. If a supernatural Sonic doesn't change up the gameplay too much I don't see any problems arising. Yeah yeah it might not make sense but gameplay's the most important concept of, well, a game.