Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It will be Number 3 in my list of Arguments That Make Me Feel Like Alien after "Colors voices are better than 06" and "SLW is faster than 06"

I think he's talking about Unleashed levels style which is pretty realistic (although it looks brighter and warmer than '06 style). But everything else... eh, not really.

Come to think of it, Speed Highway in SG doesn't look much like it belongs to Unleashed era at all. Exteriors looks cold and manly. That's what allows you to say it's a generic future city. Where did huge glowing neon ads gone, SEGA?

Um, last time I check, they're still there.

Edited by Nik1895

Whereas now, Sonic requires a lot of brainpower to play. Way too much, to be blunt.

...he's complaining about having to think?

Edited by Dizcrybe

That was the most critical preview I have read, and if I'm right in reading that, didn't really mention much that was wrong apart from 'the buttons - there are too many'.

I get it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but at least be a bit more fair?

My college got tickets. =D

So did mine funny enough for the Friday of that week. I decided not to go with mine.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

...he's complaining about having to think?

Gamers nowadays compared to the past are a lot less willing to use brain power when playing a game.

For a kids game… and make no mistake, Sonic is now for kids...

Yeah I know that Sonic's main appeal is for kids, but the way he's saying it is like Sonic is STRICTLY for kids now...which we all know is not the case.

Perhaps the blue blur has passed me by, but this is yet another game in which long time fans of the series will be again annoyed and disgusted. Sorry.

Really...I know you didn't have all the time in the world to figure the game out, but don't say that long time fans will be "disgusted" by it just because you were bad at it. Classic fans wanted more platforming and this game delivers, so how would this game be horrible to them?

This review is plain unfair.

Edited by KrazyBean

"Fuck sake rep, why doesn't the game play itself!? 0/10 will not play again".

He should really play Sonic  4 or Rush.. 

I don't hate those games by the way...

Brainpower... wonder if that implies good reflexes and thinking on the spot. I sure hope so, that's what I look for in Sonic.

If he means puzzle elements or something, then... well, I hope not. Though I haven't seen anything to suggest the game will be too slow so I'm not worried.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brainpower... wonder if that implies good reflexes and thinking on the spot. I sure hope so, that's what I look for in Sonic.

If he means puzzle elements or something, then... well, I hope not. Though I haven't seen anything to suggest the game will be too slow so I'm not worried.

I think he meant that there were too many buttons to comprehend when controlling Sonic.

I think he meant that there were too many buttons to comprehend when controlling Sonic.

Which, at least according to him, is more than one.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Edited by TheCandlemaker

Cool with me.

Not cool to anyone who hasn't played a Sonic game before...because we all know how complicated Sonic games can get to newcomers (or journalists).

I'm sorry but the person who wrote that hands-on is quite frankly an incompetent moron.  Like straight up fucking stupid.  And no it doesn't have to do with his impression being negative (people here have intelligently expressed concerns and negative impressions for example).  This guy is clearly just straight up terrible.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 7

Gamers nowadays compared to the past are a lot less willing to use brain power when playing a game.

Guess that explains why the hardcore crowd is filled with a generation of nutcases then...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sorry but the person who wrote that hands-on is quite frankly an incompetent moron.  Like straight up fucking stupid.  And no it doesn't have to do with his impression being negative (people here have intelligently expressed concerns and negative impressions for example).  This guy is clearly just straight up terrible.

Honestly, I would have said the same before trying to see my friend play Green Hill in Generations. I don't know what it is about Sonic that just makes it so hard for people to get into it.

SEGA, I think we're going to need another edition of the game, The Helpful Omochao Edition. 

Comes with:

- Omochao tutorial through the whole stage of every stage.  

- Omochao Wisp at the start of every stage that will transform Sonic into an invincible Omochao and play and beat the stage for you.

- Talking Omochao statue that tells you how to play the game.

- Omochao art book/manual, featuring various artwork of Omochao with speech bubbles telling you how to play the game.

put sonic's version of the superguide from Mario bros U that'll help people who are struggling with the game

I know I asked this before (though no one answered), but is there a chance that Sonic Lost World will be at the Tokyo Game Show this year?

One of the key tenants of Sonic was the simplest of interfaces possible, which was just one button. The motivation behind such a decision was, when you're moving fast, you don't have time to memorize button combinations.
So right there, we have three buttons, but there's more! Perhaps the most heinous aspect was the run button… yes, a run button.
Past Sonic games could be described as a brainless affair, which is not a knock. Whereas now, Sonic requires a lot of brainpower to play. Way too much, to be blunt. 

But... but...

Unleashed and Generations (which he praised) had stomp, light speed attack, drift, quick step, homing attack and jump all whilst using boost, and the complaint in the preview is... the controls are too complicated with double jump, homing attack, kick and run? What?

Edited by Symbotic

So how is it that people like Penny Arcade's Gabe (who seems to be one of those folks who still thinks Modern Sonic games are crap) can come away from the game really liking it, while this guy...seems to have trouble even playing it? Amazing how wide-ranging these impressions are.

Edited by edvedd