Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Going back to the subject of Knuckles getting kidnapped. They really can't make his character look any worse given all of the dumbshit they've subjected him too over the years, so screw it I just say go for it.

No, I'm not)). I will refrain from speaking what I personally would improve as I don't want to get involved in new flame wars.

I've said that previously and I will say it again: I'm fine with the parkour mechanic. I'm not a big fan of 2D colors-like sections or those autorun levels or even tubes but I like the parkour mechanic itself. I would be more than OK if the game had visuals of Unleashed and Sonic's speed would be faster.

Anyways, I posted that video as a joke, not as another way to say that I hate the game)). That quote just reminded me of that video).

Not to worry with me! I won't flame you!

I really like the look of Lost World, but I agree that the auto-run levels are probably going to be the levels I play the least. It actually reminds me of the way I hardly played the 'run run run' levels of Generations, like Modern Green Hill and Chemical Plant. The levels are fun, but they are very simplistic when compared to the more open ones.

I think it will be similar with Lost World. Levels like Windy Hill will be the ones I keep coming back to.

I also agree with you that Unleashed and Generations (I prefer Generations) have better graphics and detailing than Lost World, but the simpler art style is probably to make the game longer and have more substantial levels. The levels in Generations are so detailed and long it must take a hell of a lot of manpower to make.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211523

Ha! They gave a snow ball a victory animation. Nice SEGA!

Should've had Sonic burst out of the center of the Snowball like a Xenomorph.

Looks like Knuckles is the new Amy.

With all the BS he's dealt with I'd argue he's closer to being the new Shadow.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

With all the BS he's dealt with I'd argue he's closer to being the new Shadow.

I mean, he's getting kidnapped yet again after chronicles))).

Not to worry with me! I won't flame you!

Thanks). Though I'd say read my previous posts on that matter, I'm not in the mood of describing what exactly I want from SLoW. It's way too many sentences and most of them will be argued))).

Yeah.. And we're talking about the character who used to guard the entire flying island all by himself and was able to de-transform Sonic back from his Super form by punching him in the face!

Truly a shame.

• Thumbs Up 5

I honestly hate what Knuckles has become in the modern games, he still hasn't really salvaged himself after the abomination that was 06, this is one time I'll agree that the classics did it better for Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 7

It's posts like that and times like this that makes me glad I don't love Knuckles. But Zomom is the shit! Like what Big the cat should've been.

Yes I'm desperately trying to make this thread about Zomom now.

Edited by Balding Spider

To be fair, Knuckles has failed in the past too; Eggman technically did beat him and steal the Master Emerald, and tricked him twice. Its just that back then he was actually able to accomplish something despite that. Nowadays, he can't accomplish shit unless its to be laughed at.

Ya know, I just hope that despite being treated as a butt monkey again(Because its going to happen) he can at least do something. I don't care what it is, just let him do something cool for a change, just give me that game and I will overlook everything else you do to him.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't love Knuckles.

Its one of the most depressing things about the series if you're a fan of him. Its like watching your childhood hero and then come back when you're older and see he's just an old wash out.

• Thumbs Up 5

He may have been tricked by Eggman and used to delay Sonic, but in the end he still had more attitude, he was still sneaky and he was as strong as Sonic is fast, just because he got tricked in 3 doesn't mean SEGA should have it exploited it as his only flaw, being gullible.

He's extended far beyond gullible now, SEGA uses him as a forced humour point which in the end honestly degrades him further as a Character and acts more like a prop to focus the attention on other characters. What happened to him getting angry? Flailing and fighting before asking questions? He's just a shadow of his former self now, and it's honestly depressing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly, at this point, we can only hope SLW treats him with respect.

The odds of this happening are.....damn near impossible. Sonic Team doesn't care about Knuckles anymore, to them he's just the guy to be laughed at.

I was never even a big fan of him being gullible tbh. If anything I'd say he was naive in Sonic 3 - he's never had any contact with another person vefore, why should he doubt the new guy that just parked his spaceship on his island? This definitely shows the headstrong side of him, since he never really stopped to doubt Eggman, but actually turning that into a character trait just felt wrong to me.

Honestly, at this point, we can only hope SLW treats him with respect.

I wouldn't even hope to see them improving in that game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The odds of this happening are.....damn near impossible. Sonic Team doesn't care about Knuckles anymore, to them he's just the guy to be laughed at.

Good thing Sonic Team aren't writing this game, then.

Then again, that's assuming ST aren't standing over Ken Pontiac and Warren Graff with a whip in hand directing their every move like I suspect they have been for the past two games.

I was never even a big fan of him being gullible tbh. If anything I'd say he was naive in Sonic 3 - he's never had any contact with another person vefore, why should he doubt the new guy that just parked his spaceship on his island? This definitely shows the headstrong side of him, since he never really stopped to doubt Eggman, but actually turning that into a character trait just felt wrong to me.

That still technically makes him gullible, he just had better justification back then because of naivete like you said. Now its just been overblown to the point where basically the entire fanbase believes Knuckles will believe anything anyone tells him regardless of how flimsy it is.

I would not mind Knuckles being portrayed as an idiot as much if his character was able to improve any, but it hasn't...he's just a meathead with no purpose. 

Since when is Unleashed style considered to be realistic?

Since always?

It will be Number 3 in my list of Arguments That Make Me Feel Like Alien after "Colors voices are better than 06" and "SLW is faster than 06"

Untwist the highway and remove Sonic and you don't have much more than a generic near-future city.

I have to agree.

Come to think of it, Speed Highway in SG doesn't look much like it belongs to Unleashed era at all. Exteriors looks cold and manly. That's what allows you to say it's a generic future city. Where did huge glowing neon ads gone, SEGA?

Okay, NOW I'm going. Wasn't going to unless this was there...

As a heads up, the article says the Expo is sold out. 

I'll be going to the expo. It'll be my second time playing the game so i'm looking forward to it a lot.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

It will be Number 3 in my list of Arguments That Make Me Feel Like Alien after "Colors voices are better than 06" and "SLW is faster than 06"

Those arguments make you feel like an alien...?

I am also expecting to attend the expo aswell so now that the game is playable I can definitely say that this trip will be more worth it than ever. Hopefully I'm going to capture some footage while I'm at it.

Edited by deepbluespeed99