Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

The Deadly Six could probably trick Knuckles into thinking Sonic and Tails are the bad guys in this game, what with them apparently teaming up with Eggman. It would actually be more believable than some of the other times Knuckles was tricked, aside from the first time which made sense (he didn't even know Sonic and Tails).

The Deadly Six could probably trick Knuckles into thinking Sonic and Tails are the bad guys in this game,

No.

S3&K, sure. SA, fine. But at this point they have spent too much time as friends and allies for this to be the least bit believable.

Eh, true.

They could use some psychic trickery like with the badniks, but then it would be weird that they don't just control Sonic and Eggman and make them walk off a cliff or something.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Maybe Eggman ends up catching Knuckles on a sleep deprived day, and just took him hostage when he eventually crashed and fell asleep. Dude's gotta get his rest sometimes...

Edited by 743 ED Missile

I really don't care how Sonic's friends get to the Lost Hex, I just want them to be handled well once they're there.  I wouldn't be against them being momentarily mind-controlled by the Zeti; God knows we could use another Knuckles fight, and fighting Amy would be a fun twist.

It'd be great if we had Tails, Knuckles, and Amy missions similar to how Billy Hatcher had you play as his friends for one mission in each world, but we know with hardly any doubt that that's not likely.

Being kidnapped by him definitely lessens his character if he can't even protect himself from Eggman.

Compared to all the other stupid shit that's happened to him on his watch (allowing Eggman to burn down the jungle, bombard the forest's with warships, and allowing the destruction of his clans sacred gem) I fail to see how getting overpowered by Eggman could lessen his character. It's even happened to Sonic for Tornado's sake.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the Colbermani456 impressions video, and I noticed that the splatters of honey that appear on the screen in the honeycomb stage actually seemed to have been improved visually. They're more translucent and splattery. Interesting. 

Edited by edvedd

With the Knuckles appearing thing, I actually had a little idea for it that basically Angel Island happens to float nearby Lost Hex, Deadly Six spot it and think one of their pieces broke off so they try to "reclaim" it. I figure that would be fair justification for Knuckles at least.

Fucked if I can think of anything for Amy though, aside from stowing away or Tails being asked to pick her up as back up (which could work for Knuckles too), but thats it. :V

With the Knuckles appearing thing, I actually had a little idea for it that basically Angel Island happens to float nearby Lost Hex, Deadly Six spot it and think one of their pieces broke off so they try to "reclaim" it. I figure that would be fair justification for Knuckles at least.

Fucked if I can think of anything for Amy though, aside from stowing away or Tails being asked to pick her up as back up (which could work for Knuckles too), but thats it. :V

I was likewise thinking the same thing. Maybe Lost Hex appeared within viewing distance of Angel Island and Knuckles decided to check it out. I'm sure he could use the Master Emerald's power to park nearby the planet and travel to the planet.

As for Amy, I dunno. It would make sense if she was with Sonic and Tails, but we don't see her with them (unless she snuck onboard...somehow). Or maybe she was visiting Knuckles and/or his Angel Island and she along with Knuckles both saw the planet. Bonus points if they saw Sonic and Tails chasing Eggman toward the planet and they decide to follow them as a means of back up. The kidnapping idea could work too, but in the intro comic (which I'm pretty sure follows the game's storyline) we don't see her in Eggman's clutches.

Seems like Aaron has been reading our comments on the other characters and is hammering it to us "YES THEY'RE IN THE GAME! STOP QUESTIONING IT AND WAIT!"

Also, those bombs are WAY too similar to Bob-ombs in action to stand out as Sonic 1 enemies.

Also, something tells me I'm REALLY gonna hate this level.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Seems like Aaron has been reading our comments on the other characters and is hammering it to us "YES THEY'RE IN THE GAME! STOP QUESTIONING IT AND WAIT!"

Also, those bombs are WAY too similar to Bob-ombs in action to stand out as Sonic 1 enemies.

Also, something tells me I'm REALLY gonna hate this level.

I have a similiar feeling.

I think this game looks really good, but that snow level just looks so annoying. There's hardly any room to move around in and there are so many ways to die.

I guess we can't tell for sure until we play it though...

that snow level just looks so annoying. There's hardly any room to move around in and there are so many ways to die.

Yeah, I hate that snowball level too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I hate that snowball level too.

Well I don't quite hate it. I think the music is pretty great and I like the look of it. I think it's good apart from the fact that the level is not very well balanced with the absurd amount of death traps.

Anyway Art Fenix, I've been reading your posts as a guest, and you aren't exactly a fan of Lost World are you :P .

What would you do to improve it? I'm actually curious, since most of the time you can't get your opinion out.

Actually Artfenix, would you even be swayed if this game had the graphics of Unleashed, with it's complex lighting and shadowing engine, but with the gameplay that Lost World introduces?

*Sonic Team This game is so toony. Next we'll see Sonic burning into a pile of ash with eyes after being blasted by a Buzzbomber.

Do you think that's good or bad?

I personally fail to see why people attack this game for being too cartoony. In what sense do they mean? Goofiness? Very childish?

If Sonic shouldn't be cartoony, what should he be? Realistic? Animeish (which, in my eyes, is the very similiar to cartoonish)?

I don't quite get it...

Edited by Furie

Anyway Art Fenix, I've been reading your posts as a guest, and you aren't exactly a fan of Lost World are you tongue.png .

What would you do to improve it? I'm actually curious, since most of the time you can't get your opinion out.

No, I'm not)). I will refrain from speaking what I personally would improve as I don't want to get involved in new flame wars.

Actually Artfenix, would you even be swayed if this game had the graphics of Unleashed, with it's complex lighting and shadowing engine, but with the gameplay that Lost World introduces?

I've said that previously and I will say it again: I'm fine with the parkour mechanic. I'm not a big fan of 2D colors-like sections or those autorun levels or even tubes but I like the parkour mechanic itself. I would be more than OK if the game had visuals of Unleashed and Sonic's speed would be faster.

Anyways, I posted that video as a joke, not as another way to say that I hate the game)). That quote just reminded me of that video).