Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

If that's the case, then they probably will be kidnapped.

But why would territorial beings who don't like outsiders forcibly put some outsiders on their planet? D:

Apparently there was confirmation somewhere that Knuckles and Amy definitely appear in the Wii U version. And even if Lost Hex is that close, there's still no way for grounded characters to reach it- it's simply too high. Remember, the only way Sonic got to Little Planet was via chain.

That's true, and I can't really think of any way they could get to it themselves...

Since we haven't seen the full intro, maybe Knuckles and Amy tag along. Then, when the Tornado is attacked, they fall off and end up in different areas of Lost Hex.

But why would territorial beings who don't like outsiders forcibly put some outsiders on their planet? D:

To execute them, of course. tongue.png

Seriously, though, it's probably because, after Sonic unintentionally freed them from Eggman, they simply decided to use their robot army to take over Sonic's world as well as the Lost Hex. Zavok certainly seems like the warlord type.

To execute them, of course. tongue.png

Seriously, though, it's probably because, after Sonic unintentionally freed them from Eggman, they simply decided to use their robot army to take over Sonic's world as well as the Lost Hex. Zavok certainly seems like the warlord type.

This would ultimately imply that there would be some Hex-to-Earth interaction of some sort, or maybe even *gasps* end game, Earth-based levels! 8O

And Zavok so far doesn't strike me as a warlord so much as the crotchety 90-year old who hates kids being on his lawn, but he also has telekinesis and other just-as-crotchety friends.

This would ultimately imply that there would be some Hex-to-Earth interaction of some sort, or maybe even *gasps* end game, Earth-based levels! 8O

And Zavok so far doesn't strike me as a warlord so much as the crotchety 90-year old who hates kids being on his lawn, but he also has telekinesis and other just-as-crotchety friends.

Zavok: DURN KIDS! GET OFFA MA LAWN, OR I'LL EXECUTE YER FRIENDS!

On a more serious note, he'll probably kidnap them for the sake of trying to goad Sonic off the planet/force him to give up Eggman for their own torture sessions or something in an exchange.

I'm still unsure how they're going to justify either Knuckles or Amy being there, considering they have no mode transportation (although since this game is basically Colors 2, I keep hoping for space elevator shenanigans). There was that whole kidnapping possibility people were toting around awhile back, but that seems far less likely considering the Deadly Six are territorial extremists and don't want anyone there in the first place. As a result, I don't see at this point how either of them can justifiably appear. Any ideas?

With them hijacking Eggman's Army, it's a question of why Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are still on Lost Hex anyway instead of getting the hell out of dodge off the island/planet. So I'm assuming that the Deadly Six are going beyond territorial and become a threat as would-be invaders and risk a global crisis. Then further through the game, the Deadly Six cause so much damage to the world below that Sonic and Eggman have to call in help from off the planet to match them.

It's either that, or that confirmation of Knux and Amy being there was likely just pulling our legs like they did in Unleashed for Knux and Shadow. I mean, we've yet to see visual of them, haven't we?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I don't know why but I keep thinking that maybe Eggman kidnapped Amy and Knux but that's very far fetched ;p

Is it really? Eggman Kidnaped Amy and Knuckles in order to lure Sonic to the Lost Hex space, where he shoots down his plane stranding Sonic and Tails on this alien world where Eggman's army of Badniks and crew of Zeti await.

That's my theory anyway.

Just goes to show how tight-lipped they've been about the plot details.

Is it really? Eggman Kidnaped Amy and Knuckles in order to lure Sonic to the Lost Hex space, where he shoots down his plane stranding Sonic and Tails on this alien world where Eggman's army of Badniks and crew of Zeti await.

That's my theory anyway.

and it's a very good theory at that ;p

Edited by AceZX

It's either that, or that confirmation of Knux and Amy being there was likely just pulling our legs like they did in Unleashed for Knux and Shadow. I mean, we've yet to see visual of them, haven't we?

Not necessarily: the whole "Knuckles and Shadow in Sonic Unleashed, They Lied!" thing was only mentioned once, possibly out of confusion with Sonic and the Black Knight (which did have both characters, as Arthurian knights); this game, on the other hand, has Knuckles and Amy being constantly mentioned to be in it whenever the question comes up.

Wait, they said Knuckles and Shadow would be in Unleashed at some point? :o I know this is off-topic, but I'm curious.

Weren't Knuckles and Shadow only mentioned early on in development anyway?

Pretty much, yeah -- Ken Balough said that they were gonna appear in it during the E3 showing of the game. Considering that Sonic and the Black Knight was in development at around the same time as Unleashed, I guess he probably confused their appearance in Black Knight for their being in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 5

You have to admit though, it does seem a bit odd that we haven't seen a single visual for either Knuckles or Amy by now.

Well I'd imagine they'd appear in a cutscene or two, and the team doesn't want to spoil where they come in?

I find it kind of weird that people still hold that one little incident against them.

Can you blame them? We've yet to see them, so some are taking it with a grain of salt here.

I don't see why Eggman would kidnap Knuckles anyway, It's not like Knuckles would LET Eggman even attempt to, unless they've totally given up on Knuckles character and he's just another lackey...

If I'm perfectly honest? I have no idea about the plot of this game, lets hope it's a good one!

• Thumbs Up 3

Being kidnapped by him definitely lessens his character if he can't even protect himself from Eggman.

Knuckles has been kidnapped before. I can see Eggman sneaking up on him or even catching him asleep, which wouldn't be the echidna's fault or "damaging" to his character, exactly.

I'm thinking that the Zetis or Eggman stole the Master Emerald for some reason and Knuckles was like "WHER MAH EMERAAAALLLDDDSSS?!" and chased after them to Lost Hex... somehow.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

Being kidnapped by him definitely lessens his character if he can't even protect himself from Eggman.

Eggman's supposed to be at least reasonably threatening; the idea that he can't kidnap a dude of any reasonable strength is kind of insulting to his character.

I'd think it's fine for Knuckles to get kidnapped (as a one-off thing, not a recurring element) so long as he has a chance to prove himself later. It's not inherently a bad thing for a character to fail sometimes.

We need to keep in mind that characters need to have flaws to make them interesting. Sonic was caught off guard when Eggman sapped his Superform in Unleashed, I don't see how Eggman wouldn't be able to one up Knuckles after something like that.