Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I don't mind the after image effect, I just wish it was a little more transparent. 

It looks kinda funky when he steps up on the wooden bridge at 0:52 seconds in the debut trailer. Just kinda clutters the area with tons of sonic images lol it looks fine when he runs on the walls, but there... it's just a cluster of sonics.

67333f54-7415-471d-a416-8775179edb10.jpg

Edited by chirf

...isn't that the Panther King from Conker's Bad Fur Day? OMG!!!!!!! HE HAS RETURNEDED!!!11111

...That's from Disney's Aladdin. It's called the Cave of Wonders IIRC, where Aladdin finds the Genie's Lamp.

I don't mind the after image effect, I just wish it was a little more transparent. 

It looks kinda funky when he steps up on the wooden bridge at 0:52 seconds in the debut trailer. Just kinda clutters the area with tons of sonic images lol it looks fine when he runs on the walls, but there... it's just a cluster of sonics.

67333f54-7415-471d-a416-8775179edb10.jpg

It kinda irks me when they all disappear at once too. Like I said, they'll likely smooth it out before release, maybe the after images would fade out instead of abrubtly vanishing.

Also, I can see this game actually NOT having a Super Sonic.

And I mainly say that cause Unleashed didn't have it, which I assumed was because it was their first attempt at the new "boost era" gameplay. Then when they got that worked out, the brought Super Sonic back with Generations.

This being a new gameplay era for Sonic, I would completely understand if they didn't have Super Sonic in this game (at least not outside of the final levels). And instead just waited till the next game. 

It kinda irks me when they all disappear at once too. Like I said, they'll likely smooth it out before release, maybe the after images would fade out instead of abrubtly vanishing.

Yea I forgot to mention that too lol the way they all just disappear is... bleh.

I'm ok with the arcadey-cartoony feel, but stuff like that XD really needs to be smoothed out. Which I hope they do end up doing.

Super Sonic came back in Colors, at least for the main games. Riders did it before then and it may be a staple of that series.

Well, the watermark there's good indication of the image's origin...   Seriously, though, it does look quite lovely. I especially love the after-image effect Sonic has there -- I wonder why it took them so long to implement it in a 3D Sonic game...
Oh, Christ. I can't believe I missed that giant watermark. To be fair though I had just finished biking home from school in 32 degree (40 with humidity) heat. But yeah, I think I like (or at least am okay with) the way stuff looks in that image. Maybe the graphics are growing on me.

How about Super Sonic parkour? You could vault obstacles and climb things a lot faster.

inb4 Super Sonic after images is a reference to Hyper Sonic.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the Spin Dash really is just a tweaked Boost, they could just have Super Sonic be able to use it without needing to go through the speed tiers or whatever, only instead of spin dashing he does the flying boost from Gens (minus the accelerated Ring loss).

Hey, it's breaking the game anyway, might as well make "boost to win" canon. :V

...That's from Disney's Aladdin. It's called the Cave of Wonders IIRC, where Aladdin finds the Genie's Lamp.

I was going to say LMAO...

I play too much Kingdom Hearts.

Sorry for sending you guys off-topic, but looking for a picture of a desert at night is much harder than it sounds.

Taking what I have been talking about lately into consideration, I would love to see dynamic levels like the race tracks in Transformed.

If they pretty much translate Ice Cap Zone's concept into LW...

Act I - Typical Ice Level, with caves and snow, lots of snow, early in the bright morning;

Act II - Takes place around noon, with the sun at its hottest, now you have the ice melting, and multiple paths form (stay in the iceberg and go the low route, or jump over it and stay up high?)

Act III / Boss Act - Takes place around dusk, with f'ing aurora borealis in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NrhuBhgmjU

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wouldn't the alternate version of the desert track from sonic riders have worked too?

I love how Green Btch is just checking her FB notifications.

This is an interesting color power. Better than the green hover, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slumpy knitting the scarf and Lil Green on her phone make the picture.

This is an interesting color power. Better than the green hover, anyway.

Wisp: Green Bitch

Color Power: Complaining on Twitter about how your parents got you a black iPhone 5 except for that white one you asked for while listening to Honey Cocaine (yes, that's a real artist) on your iPad Mini

Edited by @ut0
  • Thumbs Up 9

inb4 someone makes fake Twitter handles for these guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it me or does Slumpy/Slumpette looks like something out of nickelodeon's aaahh real monsters?aaahhrealmonsters.jpg9gvjlw.jpg

Sorry I don't have better picture of Slumpy/Slumpette.

• Thumbs Up 2

That fanart is awesome!

This game has so much fan service that a traditionally unlockable Super Sonic might be in it. They did it in Colors, so why not in SLW?
I personally don't really care much about Super Sonic, but I do think that demoting what was a regular reward for the player who busted his/her ass saving at least 50 rings to access challenging special stages (sans 3&K) and beating said special stages to something that's automatically given to you only to use in a boss fight is bull.

I agree with this.

Oh God. Oh God. I kinda want one of those. I wish I was a professional skateboarder this weekend.

Skateboarding is SOOOOOO EXTREME, DUDES!  I just love grabbing some Go-Gurt and getting on my skateboard and grinding some serious shred! ...orwhatever.

So I wonder if ol' Sanic'll be doing any boarding (of any variety) in this game.