Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Would explain how Sonic never caught Eggman in the genesis games...there were no trigger buttons wink.png

Sonic was too busy pushing Eggman's buttons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would explain how Sonic never caught Eggman in the genesis games...there were no trigger buttons wink.png

It's kinda funny because the Mega Drive controller actually has the word "TRIGGER" above the A, B and C buttons. xD

Edited by Super Spindash

Tails: Press the A button to jump-

Eggman: And try not to be sick.

Approved by Purple Smart Corporation.

• Thumbs Up 2

How DOES Sonic do all that spinning without puking?! This better be addressed, get on it writers.

But yes, Tails and Eggman butting heads would be nice to see, especially if it's reminiscent of their rivalry in SA2. If Eggman stabs them in the back, I can actually see Tails being more pissed about it than Sonic (who will probably see it coming, honestly).

• Thumbs Up 2

How DOES Sonic do all that spinning without puking?! This better be addressed, get on it writers.

But yes, Tails and Eggman butting heads would be nice to see, especially if it's reminiscent of their rivalry in SA2. If Eggman stabs them in the back, I can actually see Tails being more pissed about it than Sonic (who will probably see it coming, honestly).

Like in Chronicles; Tails gets a friendship of sorts with Eggman, and thus is pissed when he stabs them in the back.

What was the name of the IGN dude teasing possible info before E3? If that ends up happening, we'll be getting more goodies this week. 

I really don't get why my previous message was voted so highly. It was probably the most clichéd exchange I could come up with.

It would be a really fun way of revisiting the PA announcements from Colours with more active commentary. I feel that Eggman would make a really good deadpan snarker.

Edited by EuroMIX

Because the sarcasm from Eggman stating the obvious makes it hilarious when we imagine it.

Although that particular bit of dialogue would be a rather hypocritical quip considering that infamous "How'd you get here so quickly?!" line from Unleashed. :P

Like in Chronicles; Tails gets a friendship of sorts with Eggman, and thus is pissed when he stabs them in the back.

You know if the writers pull something like that off along with some great headbutting between the two along with some decent story progession. This might just become my favorite Sonic story of all time ha ha. Now all we need is an Eggfleet styled stage with some Tornado assault segments, a man can dream rolleyes.gif

Isn't Unleashed the same game where he builds a robot helper who forces him to admit he messed up letting Sonic keep a hold of the Chaos Emeralds? Methinks the good doctor isn't blind to his own failings, his ego is just too big to admit it.

Eggman's IQ being 300 means jack shit in Sonic's world, which reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcX-3v3fLws

But seriously though, all this data about Eggman being a genius is just plot excuses to allow him to have millions of inventions. Canon-wise, there is NO way a true individual with an IQ of 300 could be defeated by Sonic so easily.

Edited by tenchibr

But seriously though, all this data about Eggman being a genius is just plot excuses to allow him to have millions of inventions. Canon-wise, there is NO way a true individual with an IQ of 300 could be defeated by Sonic so easily.

Unless Sonic is just that good?

Pitted against other enemies (GUN, some rival villains), Eggman often holds his own pretty well.

Intelligence also doesn't necessarily translate to making good decisions. Very, very smart people can make truly terrible and shortsighted choices, both in real life and in fiction. So, I think it's quite feasible that Eggman is a genius with severe personal flaws (combined with Sonic being a difficult foe to begin with) that trip him up.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 8

I think that the idea is Robotnik's too smart for his own good. His own ego gets in his way as he wants clever, thought-out victories where he is challenged. I'd say in a sense Robotnik doesn't want to be beaten because that means he'd have nothing else to strive for. Sonic keeps his mind active and thinking of new ideas and death traps.

The way I see it, he's definitely a genius, it's just his common sense that's lacking (sometimes, at least). Plus I don't think IQ is a very good indication of whether someone is capable of being rational, otherwise mad scientists wouldn't be a trope in the first place!!

I hope to see Eggman being awesome in this game, sure he'll be helping Sonic out, but we could see some really cool inventions. Maybe something like the Skill Shop in Generations, except with Eggman gadgets that enhance Sonic's abilities somehow? That'd be neat, I think.

I'm really hoping they capitalize on the Sonic/Eggman relationship, with Robotnik-Brand upgrades and Eggman-hosted tutorials...

Eggman alone would make tutorials worth playing.

Unless Sonic is just that good?

Pitted against other enemies (GUN, some rival villains), Eggman often holds his own pretty well.

Intelligence also doesn't necessarily translate to making good decisions. Very, very smart people can make truly terrible and shortsighted choices, both in real life and in fiction. So, I think it's quite feasible that Eggman is a genius with severe personal flaws (combined with Sonic being a difficult foe to begin with) that trip him up.

He needs better strategy

There are times were he planned things out perfect.

SA2: Where Eggman had amy captured and make sonic return the emerald which was fake but he capture sonic in some capsule and assumed it was a fake emerald but wanted to make sure one of them said "How did you know this was the fake emerald?" And guess who quoted that? Tails.  and so send sonic into space and had the capsule explode but sonic made it out with the fake emerald.

Sonic unleashed: The intro. He waited for sonic to arrived fought him until he turns super, when that happens, run for it because for gods sake Sonic cannot catch Eggman. Get sonic to the Gaia laser cannon, and then bam! He becomes Werehog and sends him down to earth which he is saved by chip.

Sonic colors: The scene were tails was controlled by Eggman. If tails was not there Sonic would of been captured.  Eggman is pretty good at sneak attacks.

And for this game I can see Eggman needing sonic to help HIM out from the deadly six and maybe he'll be doing something through the missions to create the final boss. but it is most likely not.

I can see him at one scene stretching with sonic and saying "So, we're working together huh? Time for a change of pace!"

Edited by jordine
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really liked Eggman's story in SA2. Not only does he have a master plan, you see a little of his origins. But it's too serious for Sonic Team to explore in today's Sonic games.

Wait a sec you guys, The Sega Blog feature on TLW said there is going to be a number of competitive modes! which means that there is a huge possibility of multiple characters, which who know whats it means for the main game

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes. In addition, each platform will also contain distinctive features that take advantage of the consoles’ unique capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Color Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more. The full game can also be played using only the GamePad screen and will feature a two player support mode. Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS is the first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels which include exclusive Special Stages and Color Powers unique to Nintendo 3DS.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/29/rise-against-the-deadly-six-in-sonic-lost-world/

Wait a sec you guys, The Sega Blog feature on TLW said there is going to be a number of competitive modes! which means that there is a huge possibility of multiple characters, which who know whats it means for the main game

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/29/rise-against-the-deadly-six-in-sonic-lost-world/

Or they could have the Sonic Robots return from Sonic Colours Game Land to piss us off so they don't have to put much effort into making other characters playable.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

They could just have the other characters be exact clones of Sonic.

But they won't and we'll get the robots and be expected to like it.

But then you'd just have the NSMB effect where everyone is essentially a clone of the main character. What would be the point? Sonic recolours would make more sense if they aren't even going to give them their special powers.

But then you'd just have the NSMB effect where everyone is essentially a clone of the main character. What would be the point? Sonic recolours would make more sense if they aren't even going to give them their special powers.

Except you'd still be able to play as different characters.  If they're going to be clones anyway, might as well trick people into thinking they're playing as someone else.

Eh, if they were going to add the other characters it would be weird if they didn't have their unique powers.

Well I guess Red Sonic might come back then. It won't really surprise me if it's true, but if the levels don't really accommodate for other characters' abilities, then having Sonic clones is reasonable, I guess.