Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

That's bull. On this particular screenshot from that CG video the environment is perfectly fine. What the hell is wrong with it? Jungle joyride looks close to being as realistic as on this screenshot. You may argue about other things (Sonic's model, Elise, though not with me), but the environment is beautiful and perfectly fine.

I guess they mean that environment is hyper, overly detailed. You can't find two nearby pixels of same color, it's like a green caleidoscope. And the Sonic is just a blue (white for eyes) stencil with black gradient. His simplicity and lack of detail stands out in front of such a lush environment. It's not his problem. "Thin, clean lines" are his feature, originating from his design for Genesis. His legs and shoes were empty for me in terms of details even in his retro design.

Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 4

Hey, some SEGA news:

House of the Dead: Overkill – The Lost Reels Arrives on iOS and Android!

"The Lost Reels puts fans back into the action with Agent G and Detective Washington as they fight their way through Bayou City to Papa Caesar’s Mansion in this gritty arcade shooter. Play in Story mode and enjoy non-stop shooting action as you blow apart mutants across three levels (each with 4 levels and a boss) – it starts off easy and quickly ramps in difficulty. Looking for more challenge? Test your skills in Survivor Mode, which features wave after wave of blood-thirsty mutants."

• Thumbs Up 1

Never played House of the dead. Is it good?  Wasn't a Director's Cut or Something Edition recently came out?

I will agree with everything Scar said. 

Alsoi really doubt Next Sonic won't be on next-gen. How i look at it, they will pull a ASRT and go with current gen with earlier release dates while the release the next gen version later.

Also very nice Krazybean pointed out that this time around it won't be that much more difficult to develop for next-gen(at least from what people say for the PS3). So yeah i expect a Wii U, PS3, 360 release around November and then a Decemeber or January next-gen date.

FOR ENGLAND AND ST GEORGE!

74199_352656398167966_281970338_n.jpg

Found it on the Sega Amusements facebook page. Was posted Tuesday, it was St Georges day in England.

45428_425324044224664_1562726542_n.jpg

531518_424258664331202_1100465588_n.jpg

Don't know what it is?

Well, earlier in the year, Sega Amusements announced a new set of Sonic plushies were coming out. These would be the 'UFO' decorations for the claw machine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen that CG of Sonic holding a flag before, I think it was a different flag last time I saw it though.. it was a Twitter banner or something?

• Thumbs Up 6

I've seen that CG of Sonic holding a flag before, I think it was a different flag last time I saw it though.. it was a Twitter banner or something?
Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well. I'm not sure when was it, but I think it was the Twitter banner. I like the CG renders though.

I guess they mean that environment is hyper, overly detailed. You can't find two nearby pixels of same color, it's like a green caleidoscope. And the Sonic is just a blue (white for eyes) stencil with black gradient. His simplicity and lack of detail stands out in front of such a lush environment. It's not his problem. "Thin, clean lines" are his feature, originating from his design for Genesis. His legs and shoes were empty for me in terms of details even in his retro design.

How is Planet Wisp or Jungle Joyride any different? Same green grass and other stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

How is Planet Wisp or Jungle Joyride any different? Same green grass and other stuff.

For one, it didn't have a hyperrealistic human next to him, which just makes the contrast all the worse, I feel. If the inhabitants of the world are also cartoony the contrast is less pronounced.

That cutscene also looks like it was purely CGI as well, which makes it more detailed than what you'll normally see in actual gameplay.

Found it on the Sega Amusements facebook page. Was posted Tuesday, it was St Georges day in England.

Don't know what it is?

Well, earlier in the year, Sega Amusements announced a new set of Sonic plushies were coming out. These would be the 'UFO' decorations for the claw machine.

Well this flag thing is going to get annoying quickly.

But yay, plushies! Wonder where these machines will get set up...

74199_352656398167966_281970338_n.jpg

45428_425324044224664_1562726542_n.jpg

531518_424258664331202_1100465588_n.jpg

Don't know what it is?

Oh hey, they got the mouth right this time :V Edited by PSI Aqua

Who is Kevin Cassidy? And what is he looking at on his computer?

Who is Kevin Cassidy? And what is he looking at on his computer?

He's the founder of the website, and it's just a post or something with a bajillion "SONIC"s in it.

All while wearing the Sonic hat, this is very random of a post, there's no known reason and he usually has reasons for posting GN Vine clips, the last one was about getting the 3DS XL Pro. Sometimes it's more random than others, but this is beyond anything prior and it feels like he knows something, folks in the comments also wonder the same.

Edit: He just replied to my email and he says he proimises he doesn't know anything, how odd.

Edited by Hero of Legend

Yep, it's the render they used for people to follow them on Twitter:

2P67z2S.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's all but official a game announcement will be sometime in May, so it could just be another fan showing some excitement. Heck, that probably is what it all is.

Or maybe he just felt like being random.

Yep, it's the render they used for people to follow them on Twitter:

As I said, this habit will get obnoxious quick.

Dibs on Sonic with an American flag on July 4th.

• Thumbs Up 4

When I saw the computer was covered with sonic's name, first thought came to mind was a sonic virus, and when i think "Sonic virus", I think of the summer of sonic 2013 teaser website.

Sonic Matrix confirmed? naw i'm kidding.....

When I saw the computer was covered with sonic's name, first thought came to mind was a sonic virus, and when i think "Sonic virus", I think of the summer of sonic 2013 teaser website.

Sonic Matrix confirmed? naw i'm kidding.....

Now I'm scared folks are going to come up with some connection between SoS13 and that guy's video. There's always a conspiracy somewhere, isn't there...

I mean, there's being optimistic, and then there's being desperate for the hope something grand is coming. Our wait will pay off soon enough, though; if tradition is correct then the next game will be given some sort of exposition, however minimal, in May.

When you starve for a long time, it just makes that meal all the more delicious.

I'm trying hard not to get too hyped. Generation was a good game, but I expected too much, thinking it's an anniversary game.

So I've been looking for videos of this new ride at Joypolis.... couldn't find anything...

I did find Sonic swearing at some... boy things. At around 7 seconds he gives him the finger.

And at 10 seconds he does the 'you wanker' gesture.

Told you sonic was rude.

• Thumbs Up 3

SEGA needs to use a Sonic costume like that for their ads of they're gonna keep using men in costumes.

The Sonic costume in that video looks better than most others I've seen; the proportions just seem more accurate as opposed to others that look too human, at least to me.