Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Why is it that when these rumors are posted here or on other Sonic fan sites, they're quickly and rightfully called out as fake, but if posted on 4chan or Reddit they're somehow credible? It's really weird haha.

Because you DO get real leaks happening on 4chan and Reddit. Just hop to another board, /co/, and see people shouting in madness at the leaked scans of the new Spidey comic. Or go to 2chan, where we get everything from Pokémon leaked.

It's a question of knowing what seems true or not.

RE: "What did they say about us/ I thought they said the tripcode matched"- again, I posted a link to a mirror of the thread. Go have fun.

Because you DO get real leaks happening on 4chan and Reddit. Just hop to another board, /co/, and see people shouting in madness at the leaked scans of the new Spidey comic. Or go to 2chan, where we get everything from Pokémon leaked.

It's a question of knowing what seems true or not.

RE: "What did they say about us/ I thought they said the tripcode matched"- again, I posted a link to a mirror of the thread. Go have fun.

You have a point there, but there seem to be a lot more Sonic rumors than there are for other franchises haha.

can you just post an article on the Sonic Stadium confirming that the whole thing is fake?

We can't just put up a news post saying there is no news. Most news sites don't read our site. As I said in a status update earlier, once it hits NeoGAF, that's it. It'll be on every news site in the next 24 hours. Nothing we can do but sit and watch the disaster unfold.

• Thumbs Up 6

can you just post an article on the Sonic Stadium confirming that the whole thing is fake?

There's no point in doing it now. Not only do most sites not read this site, this news has already hit NeoGAF. It's pretty much on autopilot now.

Edit: What Shadzter said, basically. Just grin and bear the inevitable pain.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wish people would stop claiming that "Wintos" also leaked Generations info...

Wentos was the name of the original rumour poster, and even all of his stuff turned out to be fake.

• Thumbs Up 2

So many people happy over the mention of Dimps getting canned on Neogaf.

I would love to play as Amy again. Why. Why does this particular rumor have to be fake? Such a freaking tease.

• Thumbs Up 5

Why do people want to play a Sonic game in order to not play a Sonic game anyway. This is the most stupidest dumb.

Surely there's thousands of better virtual pet sims these people could be playing instead if they're so ridiculously stuck up about it.

• Thumbs Up 9

This unfortunately showed up in my newsfeed.

I swear if I changed my name to Wantos, people all over the Internet would believe everything I say and credit me for revealing Unleashed for some illogical reason.

Group admin believed in that, and he haven't hesitated to post it, and people also believe in it, and comment? How can they be THAT stupid?
  • Thumbs Up 2

Kind of a shame, as I think sticking old characters in the background briefly but having them say and do little to nothing is a pretty good way of keeping them in circulation.  But probably they wouldn't put them in because, even while it adds context, in the same breath you might say that it'd confuse the casual player who had no idea who half of them were or why there's a killer robot making tea in a house full of cute animals.

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2244.msg53963#msg53963

So I'm reading this post on SegaBits, and it looks too advanced and too complex for after-Generations Sonic game.
I don't think Sega would work with lighting effects as much as someone like Ubisoft. And a bunch of references to past games also makes it look like fake.
Seriously, how mentioning of the same meaningless number-letter combination in the title of your post makes it believable? Couldn't I just saved it from the previous time and post to legitimize my fake?

Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys got the wrong topic. SEGAs 2013 plans means "rampant speculation and fake Sonic games of 2013".

That Shinobi weapon is pretty cool. I don't really have any interest in HotD, but still. Cool to see.

• Thumbs Up 3

I pointed out that Wentos and Wintos have totally different tripcodes, which means it's very unlikely they're the same person especially if this "Wintos" guy's tripcode matches the tripcode of a Sonic avatar user. Sounds like he just wanted some attention and generated controversy, success!

Also, having 4chan as the source also doesn't necessarily mean it'll be disregarded, a lot of genuine leaks come from 4chan and especially 2ch, so there are unfortunately those who believe everything that's read there.

Honestly I'm impressed at SEGA! This close to reveal (probably) and we have absolutely no idea what to expect, it's kinda nice that they finally clogged up those leaks.

Hang on.. SEGA.. clogging up leaks on their site.. probably needed a plumber.. Mario and Sonic crossover confirmed!!

• Thumbs Up 7

Colours was perhaps the best one in terms of keeping secrets. We knew nothing of that game until shortly before the teaser trailers came out, and all it was was a registered web address, copyright or something and word hadn't had a chance to get around. I hope we get something just as good this time.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Paradise's Ash the Dragon has posted it up. Why? huh.png I saw her and Tristan discussing it on Twitter last night and he advised her not to post it up on TSSZ or Paradise since it looks to be fake.
http://www.sonicparadise.net/2013/04/rumor-wentos-habla-sobre-el-posible.html

It's spread to a lot of gaming news sites and forums in the latest Google search results. No sign of it on the big sites like IGN and Gamespot yet, though. I'm looking forward to a site approaching SEGA for comment and seeing what they say lol! laugh.png

So....has this rumor been confirmed fake, or is it just obvious it's fake?