Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

The way the other costumed mascot started advancing towards the camera around 38 seconds in was so creepy and yet adorable.

...All he wants is a hug~

• Thumbs Up 1

The way the other costumed mascot started advancing towards the camera around 38 seconds in was so creepy and yet adorable.

...All he wants is a hug~

Hear, hear.

Looks like a mixture of classic and modern Sonic to me, the costume. In before redesign hype

I was once told only six official Sonic suits have ever been made. I've always wondered what the source for that was, though.

Interesting to see how much more laid back Japan's culture is though... imagine if Mickey Mouse did that over here.

... Not sure if this has been brought up yet... but...

http://www.rezzed.com/whats-on/show-floor

Sega has been listed as one of partners for Rezzed - a indie/PC games show, hosted at the NEC by Eurogamer. They also sponsored the Indie section of eurogamer Expo 2012. I doubt they'll announce anything interesting, they might not even showcase anything, Just thought I'd bring it up for those who'd like to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this is focused around Indie devs and SEGA is going to be there, maybe we'll hear of some new SEGA Alliance titles? Jack Lumber was a flop and Owlchemy have decided not to work with SEGA in the future, but hopefully SEGA's EDIT: not thrown in the towel on the whole endeavour just yet.

Edited by Blue Blood

If this is focused around Indie devs and SEGA is going to be there, maybe we'll hear of some new SEGA Alliance titles? Jack Lumber was a flop and Owlchemy have decided not to work with SEGA in the future, but hopefully SEGA's thrown in the towel on the whole endeavour just yet.

I think last time (Eurogamer London Expo) it was more that SEGA sponsered it, then left it alone and let all these indie folks come in. I didn't see any Jack-Lumber promos (was probably before that) at the little booth they had at Eurogamer Expo. But I'm probably going anyway so I'll keep my eyes open.

Who knows, maybe they'll show something of interest.

Given that May is, by all measures, likely to be the month we finally are given something big and official, I will understand if nothing is shown of import. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they showcase whatever their newer titles are there, given that it's very probable the next Sonic game, for example, will have probably been scantily detailed for about a month by the time the convention actually rolls around.

But I guess we'll see won't we?

Either way it never hurts to have more visibility.

So I've been looking for videos of this new ride at Joypolis.... couldn't find anything...

I did find Sonic swearing at some... boy things. At around 7 seconds he gives him the finger.

And at 10 seconds he does the 'you wanker' gesture.

Told you sonic was rude.

Classic Sonic with green eyes. ruined forever

On a side note, was the boy character trying to eat that camera @0:41?

The SEGA website has been given a fresh coat of paint. It looks very different. Take a look:

http://www.sega.co.uk/

I like it.

If you search for a game, the page now looks like this:

http://www.sega.co.uk/Search/?q=sonic+cd

http://www.sega.co.uk/Search/?q=sonic+4+episode+I

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

The homepage looks a bit naff with the massive banners at the top and a severe lack of text. But otherwise, I actually really like it. 

I was actually bitching about how SEGA.com needs a redesign just yesterday over at SEGAbits.

I like the new look! They just need to integrate a blog feed on the main page.

Also of note, go to www.sega.com - scroll to the bottom, view brands and you see: Sonic, Aliens, Total War

go to www.sega.co.uk - scroll to the bottom, view brands and you see: Sonic, Aliens, Total War and Football Manager

Commence Woun & co hacking in 3...2...1... 

• Thumbs Up 3

Commence Woun & co hacking in 3...2...1... 

The sad thing is, they've managed to avoid any leaks for once, a site redesign is potentially fatal if they have upcoming data on there.

Also of note, go to www.sega.com - scroll to the bottom, view brands and you see: Sonic, Aliens, Total War

go to www.sega.co.uk - scroll to the bottom, view brands and you see: Sonic, Aliens, Total War and Football Manager

Depressing.

Do the Football Manager games usually get released in the US? If so, maybe they've discontinued that series over there? :-/

I imagine they're released as "soccer manager" or something but I don't imagine they're that popular. It's not really a popular sport there afaik.

Not that I know anything about football at all. I think it's that thing that men in the pub shout at angrily in order to be acknowledged as male by fellow members of the male species. Science.

I don't think America gives enough of a shit about football in general for Football Manager to have ever established itself there. 

Well aparently you can tell if theres anything new on there by looking in your temporary internet files and... .. ... looking in there or something *shrugs*

Anyone else been on the Sonic the Hedgehog micropage from the SEGA website yet?

I just find it weird that going to the games menu, and among the likes of Sonic Colours, Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed, is Sonic CD. Why outline that game among the others? Why not outline Adventure 2?

It just seems fishy.

I guess there's a multitude of reasons why that could be;

• Sonic CD was "remade", kinda, so it's "new" whereas SA1 and 2 are pretty much direct ports with widescreen
  • Sonic CD got really really good reviews and reception, the Adventure games didn't

It's probably part of SEGA's attempts to strengthen the brand by only marketing the titles that the public deem to be of a certain quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

The SA2  ports are nothing to brag about. That, and they're easily overlooked. There's nothing fishy going on here. Please don't put on your tin foil hats. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

So as most of you have heard, Wintos (the dude who leaked information about every Sonic game from Unleashed, and has been mostly right) has supposedly new "leaked" information about the 2013 Sonic game, which is apparently going to be called "Sonic Excursion".

screens from his posts in the spoiler

Click on each pic to be able to actually read the info.

uO2lCg5.png

XXRjccI.png

SN1RXWP.png

o93FqLY.png

aZSXtaV.png

4pBDR4O.png

Considering Wintos's credibility, I figured the info deserved a post.

Also not sure if there's a rule against posting a rumor here, or if there's a certain topic for this. Just tell me and I'll remove/move it there.

Edited by Nintendoga

Even if it is true, I'm not reading further than the first few lines because I don't want to spoil anything of note. tongue.png

I don't think America gives enough of a shit about football in general for Football Manager to have ever established itself there. 

Can confirm; we prefer, surprise, American football over soccer/football.

Was actually a topic of debate at Sonic Boom 2012. Steve Lycett shared that he had considered an All Stars fighting game, but then said all the folks at Summer of Sonic wanted a soccer one instead. Tease. We already have enough All Stars sports, give us a game where Sonic can snap Eggman like a twig!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

The mere presence of Gemerl has me doubting it. You never know, though.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 3

Even if it is true, I'm not reading further than the first few lines because I don't want to spoil anything of note. tongue.png

Can confirm; we prefer, surprise, American football over soccer/football.

Was actually a topic of debate at Sonic Boom 2012. Steve Lycett shared that he had considered an All Stars fighting game, but then said all the folks at Summer of Sonic wanted a soccer one instead. Tease. We already have enough All Stars sports, give us a game where Sonic can snap Eggman like a twig!

Or Nack and Vectorman can shoot Sonic in the back and front!