Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

So....has this rumor been confirmed fake, or is it just obvious it's fake?

A bit of both, the leaker's practically confirmed as a phony/copycat, as confirmed as it can get on a typically anonymous image board anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's just obvious.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by SuperLink!

Edited by Tenth Doctor (XD375)
  • Thumbs Up 1

The comments on Nintendo Life's article are getting ridiculous, but I think we've come to expect this sort of thing.

I really hate the bad press this seems to be giving SEGA (if the comments on Nintendo Life represent the majority). People are criticizing them for things they haven't even said this time. Also, Sonic Cycle posts. -_-;

EDIT: Fixed the link.

Edited by Tenth Doctor (XD375)

I thought it's a known fact that the comment sections on those sites are filled with idiots and trolls. The best thing to do is don't read them in the first place.

BTW, those people who are so quick to bring up the Sonic Cycle it just shows that all it takes is some troll to post false information about Sonic/SEGA and people is already convinced and bring it up regardless cause you know this annoying meme is the 'cool' thing to do on the web. SEGA shouldn't go out of their way to please those people anymore by making their games really safe.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, they kind of invented the Hedgehog Engine to do just that.....

I can't remember them to use lighting and time of day for artistic purposes.

Edited by crystallize

SEGA shouldn't go out of their way to please those people anymore by making their games really safe.

It isn't those haters SEGA wants to please. They want to please the game reviewers, who a lot of people give currency to and thus have a lot of clout over sales. Until some newer fans start making names for themselves in game reviews and don't show as much interest in the classics, SEGA's going to keep up the appeasement.

For example, how many reviews with Sonic have you known start off with "Sonic's been through tough times, but..." or "We all loved Sonic 1-3, but..." and the like? He's the butt of jokes for good reason, and SEGA's desperate to try and change that... which means trying to appease those very same folks who've been bashing it for so long. While they've continued to experiment with such things as the boost function, they are nonetheless looking at what works and what doesn't... Sonic's friends tend to be poorly received, so guess who were led to the guillotine?

Do I agree with how things are? Heck no. Do I understand why SEGA, as a company that needs to turn a profit, is doing all this? Very much so.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game reviewers is just as bad and Sega shouldn't try to only please them either when they're still harping on games that came out over 5 years ago.

The game reviewers is just as bad and Sega shouldn't try to only please them either when they're still harping on games that came out over 5 years ago.

SEGA's a business though. They need to make profits, which require sales. And sales have done well ever since they started kissing reviewer booty. The logical thing to do is to keep kissing said booty. They know the diehards will buy the games either way, and their altered approach ensures that those who dropped out around the Heroes era will return. They double their consumer base; they reasoned it was a safe bet to throw the diehards under the bus and... it looks like they were right.

Does this all suck? Yes. Can we really blame them for continuing the trend? No not really.

Of course, that doesn't excuse the people who haven't even played the newer games yet keep bashing on them, as I assume most of those commenting on 4chan were. The "Sonic Cycle" is over, and I really wish those parroting the term would actually do some research.

Anywho, debunked rumor. Well, sad but expected. In good news it's May now and the stars are lined up for something of substance to come this month. Even if it's just a teaser, it's going to be eaten up like a cube of sugar on an ant hill.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

Of course, that doesn't excuse the people who haven't even played the newer games yet keep bashing on them, as I assume most of those commenting on 4chan were.

You'd assume wrong.

@sonfan1984 - you're right, SEGA should stop trying to please people.

Stop making games too, not like they'd have the money to carry on, but at least they stuck to their beliefs!

• Thumbs Up 1

Goddammit SEGA, just announce the game already! I can't take these stupid fake rumors everybody believes is real anymore, they're spreading like wildfires! 

Just put us out of our misery...we're being WAY too desperate now.

Edited by KrazyBean

@Captain Harlock

I'm not saying that sega should stop trying to please people altogether. I'm just talking about the idiots that Sega is trying to please who goes "hurr durr sonic cycle" as soon as they hear anything Sonic related and they still bash on the series regardless.

The fact that this news isn't officially from Sega and shortly after it's proven false makes them look even stupider and they're ready to start hating at any moment (and these people complain that the Sonic fans are bad).

Edited by sonfan1984

I can't remember them to use lighting and time of day for artistic purposes.

One of the Hedgehog Engines big talking points aside from being able to rapidly stream textures, was global illumination and lightfield or whatever it was...Them talking a lot about lighting wouldn't be too out of the ordinary, and artistic use of time of day, would be a logical next step for them. They tried demoing it with 06 in the early days.

One of the Hedgehog Engines big talking points aside from being able to rapidly stream textures, was global illumination and lightfield or whatever it was...Them talking a lot about lighting wouldn't be too out of the ordinary, and artistic use of time of day, would be a logical next step for them. They tried demoing it with 06 in the early days.

The Hedgehog Engine (as we know it from Generations and Unleashed) can't do anything like the time of day changing though. Not on the fly. Speed Highway in Generations cleverly just has you seeing different parts of the back drop between the start and end of the stage to give the effect that it's changed.

So when can we expect *anything* from SEGA at this point? Early May? Late May? I'm getting irritated by the rumors spreading like fire.. Especially when the rumors are dumber than the lovechild of Ke$ha and Paris Hilton.

So when can we expect *anything* from SEGA at this point? Early May? Late May? I'm getting irritated by the rumors spreading like fire.. Especially when the rumors are dumber than the lovechild of Ke$ha and Paris Hilton.

Sometime before July, to be safe.

Pinning it down to a certain point in May or early June isn't really likely at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woun says this "Shattered Heights" fake is 2 years old.

Uhh, wow.

I don't know if anyone else sees it like this, but Sega said big things are planned for Sonic "as a brand". Honestly I really just see it as a giant marketing push. Obviously there will most likely be a game released this year, but I have doubts for a TV series. As awesome as it would be, I just think they mean commercials. Though it would be pretty awesome to see more commercials for Sonic games, in addition to ones for toys and action figures. 

As for the "fan involvement", Sega is already pretty good with that, with Free Stuff Fridays on their Twitter account and countless giveaways through Facebook or other means.

As much as I wish my fantasies of a TV series and plethora of 2013 games would be true, I think we're all just a little caught up on the hype train and making it seem like Sega's got more up their sleeves than they actually do. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhh, wow.

Oh, wait, now he says that info was just similar, but completely different at the same time. Dafaq.

You know a rumor about a new Sonic game is full of brown icing when even Tristan of TSSZ fame doesn't bother making a article about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

New rumour posted. Internet goes berserk.

Is it okay if I post my story plot of Sonic Adventure 3 complete with logo so everyone can go wild over that as well?

In my book, unless it is confirmed by the company themselves, just don't believe it and laugh at those who do [just make sure to slap yourself in the face if it does become true though].

I've also seen the Sonic Adventure 3 Facebook page post, and was initially believing it to be real. However, just like others have said, the more I read, the more I could tell it was fake.

But seriously, where was I when all of this was going on? I would have loved to have at least tried to stem the flow.

I for one think it's amazing that SSMB was actually quite reserved when this broke and everybody kept a cool head.

*sniff*

I'm so proud of you all.

Yeah. But just wait until we actually hear something...ho boy.

• Thumbs Up 5