Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

With how Summer of Sonic's been so thoroughly delayed as well,

Summer of Sonic hasn't been delayed.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm in the Sega 2013 topic I'd better elaborate on that, else people start reading into things which are not there. At the start of the topic I mentioned about "going off on one." Constantly people are doing this and making links like Boom, SOS, E3, Announcements etc as if it's part of some grand plan is only going to get you over hyped and then complaining later down the line.

You're best off just debating whats known as apposed to second guessing.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Smash Bros series is a mediocre fighting game compared to titles like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and others, but seeing Sonic in it was really nice, and I hope they manage to improve the fighting mechanic as well as adding more third party characters like Megaman.

I wouldn't even consider the Smash bros series a fighter.(or at least a series fighter, which is what the games you listed are) it's more or less a Brawler, which I consider a separate category. Similar traits, but totally different. PSABR goes in the same category as SSB.

Getting Back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega are either: A. waiting to announce Sonic Boom before they announce their next Sonic game, or B. Are waiting for all next gen. consoles to be announced. Personally I hope it's the former, as I don't have the money to buy a PS4 or Xbox Next at the moment. And probably won't for at least a year.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Summer of Sonic hasn't been delayed.

You're best off just debating whats known as apposed to second guessing.

What I meant is that it took a while for SoS to be hinted at all (it sounds like both sides of the pond were getting anxious about their cons). I blame the expectation it'd be February since that was when it was last year as memory serves.

As it stands we don't really have much to go on so are making educated guess based on trends (the alternating May/April announcements, the possibility of the next game being on PS4/720, etc.).

Given how Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom were announced on the same day last year, it's why I'm inclined to think formal announcements for both will follow the same trend this year (that SoS has some confirmation before SB is easily explained by the fact they have their own website and it's managed by the fans). That the time frame for a game announcement is rapidly growing smaller also lends some credit to the idea the announcements are going to be in close proximity to each other. As far as trends go, we only really have the next week and May.

Summer of Sonic hasn't been delayed.   Edit: Oh wait, I'm in the Sega 2013 topic I'd better elaborate on that, else people start reading into things which are not there. At the start of the topic I mentioned about "going off on one." Constantly people are doing this and making links like Boom, SOS, E3, Announcements etc as if it's part of some grand plan is only going to get you over hyped and then complaining later down the line.   You're best off just debating whats known as apposed to second guessing.
im not assuming or saying it will happen. All I said is it would make sense if they did either of those things. If it doesn't happen that way whatever. I'm not hyping myself for those events,expecting something to happen.

Really wondering what old Sega is cooking up. The reveal can't be that far away now. Honestly we need some sort of grand announcement to build up excitement around here again. A Sonic announcement for next gen consoles would be amazing, but I'd still be happy with even a PS3/360 release.

They are certainiy keeping quiet regarding the new IOS & Android versions of Sonic 1. If the stated release date of April is still going ahead, then the release surely is imminent. Come on SEGA give an official announcement already. Advertise this game, come on!

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

They are certainiy keeping quiet regarding the new IOS & Android versions of Sonic 1. If the stated release date of April is still going ahead, then the release surely is imminent. Come on SEGA give an official announcement already. Advertise this game, come on!

Sega? Advertising? Hahahahahaha!

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't IOS update on a Thursday, if they're still going for an April release then it would have to be out tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been thinking a little about it and honestly i believe that SEGA and Sonic Team should reveal the next game in E3 rather than earlier unless they want to reveal it in Sonic Boom 2013(If there is one).

Honestly though i am kinda relieved that they haven't announced anything yet. It seems they are taking their time and thats a very good thing in my book. Compared to other franchises, Sonic fans have it nice getting so many games every year.(ports, DL, new, etc)

So yeah having a little space for them and us to breath and look forward to something potentially being revealed is something that i really like.

Still, at least a teaser would be nice. I want to look forward to something, but now there's just nothing to look forward too. No dates, no information of any sort. They have likely been hardworking on a new game so I'm sure there IS something that they could show us or at least tell us something.

I don't really fancy that policy of imformational starving.

Whatever the plan is, E3 is less than 2 months away. And I'd be really surprised if SEGA were to announce it then and not before. In an ideal world, SEGA would have a big conference and would announce it there, or it would get endorsed during Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony's conferences. Realistically though, I'm honestly expecting something before May is out. And that's merely five weeks.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

the perfect E3 for SEGA this year could be

- New Sonic main game

- PSO2 for America/Europe

- Shenmue 1+2 HD

- Skies of Arcadia HD

- Bayonetta 2

- a new game

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is beginning to finally get on my nerves that we haven't heard anything yet...only because we're so used to getting info on new Sonic games all the time, and I really figured we'd hear something by now...Still though, obviously a new game is coming.  This isn't Nintendo where we have to sit and ponder "well...will Nintendo take another shot at Metroid or no?"  Sonic is SEGA, SEGA is Sonic.  There will be a new game, and they'll likely want it out this Fall, so...any time now...

• Thumbs Up 2

Bearing in mind that this is the year of the next generation, Hogfather may well be right when he said that SEGA could be awaiting the announcement of the 720. That doesn't mean that it'd only be coming to next gen systems, just that they'd be able to announce everything at once, which is especially favourable when there's not long until release and it's the best version that they'll want show off.

Remember, we waited for quite some time after the initial announcements of Unleashed, S4, Generations, ASR and ASRT before we got to see the lower-end versions.

Now that the new xbox is set to be revealed on May 21st, if SEGA do indeed want to announce the new title for all consoles then maybe we'll get a May 23rd reveal. It's just after the xbox reveal and is on a Thursday (not to mention exactly a month from sonic's birthday).

appearently sega is looking for a new mascot...

http://www.radiosega.net/news/sega/2013/04/sega-holding-an-illustrate-a-mascot-contest/

so..what about sonic? D=

"Alongside Sonic"

SEGA's looking for a new mascot to stand beside Sonic, not to replace him. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Looking at the site in Google Translate, I think it may just mean that SEGA Raw show is after a mascot, not SEGA as a whole. Can anyone here read Japanese and clear it up?

appearently sega is looking for a new mascot...

-draws a picture of NiGHTS and sends it in-

There you go, Sega.  Now get your thumb out of your ass AND MAKE SOME FUCKING GAMES.

Edited by Waribro
  • Thumbs Up 7

Looking at the site in Google Translate, I think it may just mean that SEGA Raw show is after a mascot, not SEGA as a whole. Can anyone here read Japanese and clear it up?

I read a different translation of it earlier, and I got the impression that they want a mascot whatever SEGA Raw is. So like, lol, SEGA aren't replacing Sonic.

Ahahaha nooo. That would never happen.

Although when I was a kid seeing Ristar was kinda scary, I thought he was meant to replace Sonic! XD

Given how it's getting on... I'm about... 90% sure that the next major Sonic game will definately be on the next gen systems. In fact it wouldn't suprise me if Sega is just waiting on Microsoft to announce Always Online Box 720 so they can announce Sonic for all the next gen systems.

I suspect we'll see a similar situation with what happened with Unleashed. Main console versions, then a 'lesser' version... though the thought of the PS360 versions being classified as lesser isn't likely to sink in with a lot of people just yet.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Whatever the plan is, E3 is less than 2 months away. And I'd be really surprised if SEGA were to announce it then and not before. In an ideal world, SEGA would have a big conference and would announce it there, or it would get endorsed during Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony's conferences. Realistically though, I'm honestly expecting something before May is out. And that's merely five weeks.

That's 45 days and 1080 hours...that's long =\

Edited by KrazyBean

• A boxed sonic title is a must. E3 would be a perfect time to announce it, right alongside the next gen consoles. We've waited far too long, and now is Sega's chance to make the jump to next gen. Do it, Sega. You know you want to. Just provide us a teaser or something!
  • Taxman Remakes of Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic 3 & K, plus an xbla and psn port of Sonic Heroes would be appreciated. Knuckles Chaotix isn't very accessible these days, and Sonic 3 & K still hasn't been ported to IOS. Why not hire Taxman to perform his magic? It's widely considered to be the best Sonic game, so sales would most likely skyrocket. Who wouldn't want to play these on the go?

Everything is regular so far, SEGA isn't taking too long to announce the next main Sonic game by their own standards. I think we are getting at least one teaser and some "leaked" info or screens in May, and then at E3 a real footage. Hopefully this game will be on the PS3 and 360 yet, you know SEGA never actually stop doing Sonic games, see that Generations started with Unleashed, so perhaps there's already a new title using the old technology and other using the next-gen technology. All I know is that digital re-releases will come, probably Skies, Shemnue, Panzer Dragoon. Also, let's hope SEGA talks about the digital market, not only re-release related, and hopefully not Sonic 4 related as well... heh

Edited by Jango