Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Considering Wintos's credibility, I figured the info deserved a post. 

This guy is credible?

*recalls the predictions of Walrus Eggman*

Also aren't we running the risk of "Going off on one" with this, it's a random post on a random site with nothing to back it up other than a username.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... I will remain skeptical until it is real. But it sounds like a fun game, and I like the platform selection.

Suspect bits are: appearances of Sonic Advance characters in Amy's story (really? Gemerl? C'mon...), the name "Shattered Heights", Sonic Team cutting their ties with Dimps, and the fact that he just spoiled the Xbox name.

..Wasn't the guy called Wentos before? Why would he change one letter in his name if it meant he had to get a new tripcode? 8l Sounds like a copy to me.

EDIT: I just checked an old screencap and yeah, different name and tripcode. Definitely suspect, I doubt it's the same guy unless someone managed to steal his old tripcode or something.

Edited by SuperLink

I've never heard of Wintos. Like, at all. And Wentos did not prove himself to be reliable.

If we can get some past proof substantiating this guy's credibility in predicting games or getting insider info that'd be great (assuming he really is different from Wentos), otherwise it's yet another unsubstantiated rumor in a pile of unsubstantiated rumors and it runs the risk of a ridiculous derail.

This guy is credible?

*recalls the predictions of Walrus Eggman*

Also aren't we running the risk of "Going off on one" with this, it's a random post on a random site with nothing to back it up other than a username.

People with usernames use tripcodes, which are permanent, pretty much an identity on an anonymous site, but as Superlink noted

..Wasn't the guy called Wentos before? Why would he change one letter in his name if it meant he had to get a new tripcode? 8l Sounds like a copy to me.

EDIT: I just checked an old screencap and yeah, different name and tripcode. Definitely suspect, I doubt it's the same guy unless someone managed to steal his old tripcode or something.

Suspected that too, but back in 2010 everyone who had tripcodes had to change them to something else due to an error on the site. Could be the real one, could be a fake. Don't look into this rumor too much anyway.

"and Silver and Blaze as another pair"

I understand this getting a brief nod in Generations during the Time Eater battle, and being present in the spinoffs (even in Colours DS where everyone's brought in for whatever reasons just to enjoy the place, yet they don't know each other personally there), but... huh? He says this is just a side-story or for just doing special missions, but... huh?! Are they neglected to characters that are just being thrown in for the hell of things, considering their situations? D:

But yeah, this direction just reeks of oddity from start to end, but Gemerl in particular is the most sour looking thing here; Chronicles' continuation of the Battle and Advance 3 storyline involving Emerl/Gizoids, in addition to those games and the other handhelds beyond the Rush and Rivals game aren't even remotely regarded by Sonic Team, as far as we've been told. Why would they suddenly go a direction like this after Generations...?

Also, SEGA cutting their ties with Dimps? Hilarious! They still make plenty of money off of their subpar games.

Edit: Okay, nobody else is spoilering, so...

Edited by t0ms0nic

Besides from all the fake reeking, it does sound pretty fun even if nothing about it sounds plausible.

By far the most plausible thing he mentioned was the lack of a Vita version. That's.. depressingly plausible.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 6

It sounds like that news tip we got back in January, minus 6 characters. I'm definitely not posting it up, even as a rumour, after what happened with that January tip. Going to wait until we at least get some solid evidence, like we did with the S&ASRT leak, where we at least had a screen cap of a Facebook conversation with a Sumo dev. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It started off sounding possible but unlikely, and progressively just got more obviously fake. Just stop giving these trolls any attention.

It sounds like that news tip we got back in January, minus 6 characters. I'm definitely not posting it up, even as a rumour, after what happened with that January tip. Going to wait until we at least get some solid evidence, like we did with the S&ASRT leak, where we at least had a screen cap of a Facebook conversation with a Sumo dev.

That news tips from January, will you guys ever disclose the source? You got taken for a ride by a troll, and it'd be nice to know by who. If it turned out to be a legit rumour then keep it secret fair enough. But I don't think you should when it's a hoax. Especially cause the shit-stirrer doesn't deserve anonymity. Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

This may be fake, but I would play the living fuck out of this game.

Edited by Waribro
  • Thumbs Up 8

It sounds like that news tip we got back in January,

lol to be fair though, with that one we did a hell of a lot of digging into if it was likely at all.

This though, we're going off a username.

I can say that we have not been in talks with SEGA about any upcoming, unannounced, games.

An E3 reveal is feeling more and more likely all the time I think. If SEGA are confident in it and want to expose it to a large audience, that'd be their best bet.

Still, May does have a history of being a month where Sonic games get revealed; I just have a bit of a hunch that E3 is more likely this time.

This is weird
I'm not inclined to believe anything here, but goddamn did this guy spend a lot of time either generating or recalling an extremely detailed account of a game. Its really goddamn detailed, almost too detailed. The kind of detail one would like from a leak, but at the same time, there is shit going on, which doesn't sound right. Knuckles having a boost meter for instance.

This is weird

I'm not inclined to believe anything here, but goddamn did this guy spend a lot of time either generating or recalling an extremely detailed account of a game. Its really goddamn detailed, almost too detailed. The kind of detail one would like from a leak, but at the same time, there is shit going on, which doesn't sound right. Knuckles having a boost meter for instance.

Knuckles boosting sounds fine to me. If levels are designed like they are on SU/SC/SG, then a boost is kinda necessary. But climbing anywhere? Not gonna happen. It's a pretty game breaking move.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles boosting sounds fine to me. If levels are designed like they are on SU/SC/SG, then a boost is kinda necessary. But climbing anywhere? Not gonna happen. It's a pretty game breaking move.

That's what I'm thinking.  This game would have to have better level/gameplay design than I believe Sonic Team is capable of.

Also Sonic Excursion is an absolutely horrid name.

Edited by Waribro
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's what I'm thinking.  This game would have to have better level/gameplay design than I believe Sonic Team is capable of.

Also Sonic Excursion is an absolutely horrid name.

sounds like a code name perhaps. also climbing would work if all his levels were either indoor or in limited space enviroments like air ships

Yeah, this rumor is probably full of shit, but the sad thing is I like quite a bit of this. Oh well...........

Sonic Excursion has to be one of the worst names I've ever heard.

Like, "hey guys I looked up 'Adventure' in the thesaurus they should make that the next game" levels of bad.

• Thumbs Up 6

The guy was called out on his trip, through the use of archives, on being a tripfagging Sonic avatar guy.

Shortly afterwards, the thread was mysteriously deleted.

also, had a good laugh reading /v/'s opinion on Sonic Stadium

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a funny title tbh, and I find some of these details too good to be true. Especially Gemerl's appearance, no way is that gonna happen!

Now we're in the merry month of May we should get something official soon. I can feel it!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

also, had a good laugh reading /v/'s opinion on Sonic Stadium

I'm curious but what did they say?

• Thumbs Up 2