Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Looking at this new piece of art, I tried a mashup of this one, with the Dash one over it on a transparent layer. The result? This.

The eyes matched up near-perfectly after I rotated the Dash one a bit. There's a few differences such as how close the iris is to his muzzle, and the two lower spikes do seem to be longer with the top one being... quite short compared to usual, but that could be due to being in a different pose.

Urghhh. My disdain for 3D art grows with each and every day...

Also I feel like I'm going crosseyed. Oww.

Sissel Henno is not amused tongue.png

My bad!

That's just about all I can comment on at the moment. That, and the annoying £120 fee for the licensing magazine. But I'm fairly sure it'll be nothing, so no biggie. I did notice one other instance of Sonic on the same banner:

Well, that's certainly interesting. SEGA's stock performance has done well the last 5 years definitely, but do they feel Sonic as a brand could possibly regain its former glory? It seems like they are... and let's give them credit for trying to do it without selling out to the FPS genre.

UN stoppable?

Sonic's going to kidnap the entirety of the UN?!

Maybe he confused them for GUN and wants to get back at them while no one's looking?

Other than that, SEGA have been very quiet. Finally stopping leaks? It's about time. I also believe that they are not finished with Sonic 4 just yet. Only time will tell.

If they starve us it just means we're going to be all the more enthused when it comes out. The pressure's building, and that means it'll be one hell of a release.

That they clamped down leaks after all the hype of Generations and talk of something that's supposed to raise our expectations, really just makes me wonder exactly what's going on in that workshop of theirs.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Well, it's always good for SEGA to get some free publicity. Pity it looks like it was just a fan having a spot of fun, but hey, it still illuminates Sonic somewhat.

Dear god I can't imagine how hot it got in that thing though. Spring + humidity + insulated suit? Good lord.

The United Nations in a Sonic game....I'm strangely interested.

• Thumbs Up 2

The leaders of the Sonic Unleashed countries get involved in the next game? Sweet.

Guardians of United Nations...?

• Thumbs Up 2

The leaders of the Sonic Unleashed countries get involved in the next game? Sweet.

Eggmanland is now sanctioned into submission.

Surprised a trailer had not come up yet. every april it announces a sonic game.
Well they did it for Sonic Generation and Transformed.

Also, anyone thinks Sonic will return in the smash brothers series? If there were to be a next sonic character, who would it be? I say shadow. Tails and knuckles can assist. Same with Silver.

Edited by jordine

Surprised a trailer had not come up yet. every april it announces a sonic game. Well they did it for Sonic Generation and Transformed.
Same with Unleashed I believe, although Colors didnt come until May so I wouldn't worry too much

Surprised a trailer had not come up yet. every april it announces a sonic game.

Well they did it for Sonic Generation and Transformed.

It goes April for one game and May for the next one ever since either Secret Rings or Unleashed. Generations was announced in April, so I guess the upcoming one will be announced in May.

Edited by Ben Tennyson

Also, anyone thinks Sonic will return in the smash brothers series?

Practically guaranteed given how he'd bring in loads of customers (people go crazy over anything close to a Sonic/Mario crossover). Don't think we're going to see any other Sonic characters playable. At most we'd get some good reskins of Sonic. Failing that fans will mod it in.

We'll probably find out at E3 2013.

It goes April for one game and May for the next one ever since either Secret Rings or Unleashed. Generations was announced in April, so I guess the upcoming one will be announced in May.

And Sonic Boom 2011 was announced in May as well.

Maybe there's some reason to be optimistic after all.

I think a new tv series, regardless of whether of not SEGA is actually planning one, would be a fantastic idea. The popularity of the games have waned a bit, but if SEGA launches a new tv show they could create a whole new set of Sonic fans. Essentially, if they make a popular show, they can use the popularity of the show to drive sales of the games. Of course, if SEGA is planning to build a new fandom, they better be confident in the first game released after the show launches since it might be the first Sonic game for many. I'd kind of love to see a CGI Sonic show paired with TMNT on Nickelodeon. Whatever's going on, I hope SEGA doesn't keep us waiting too much longer, but this is when SEGA usually teases new games so I'm not too worried.

Why Nickelodeon? I kind think they have enough spin-off shows, what with Rabbids TV and Monsters Vs. Aliens

Also, anyone thinks Sonic will return in the smash brothers series? If there were to be a next sonic character, who would it be? I say shadow. Tails and knuckles can assist. Same with Silver.

Of course Sonic will still be in the Smash Bros. Universe. He's been highly anticipated since Melee. and I'd probably want either Tails or Shadow to be playable characters. (OR WOULD SEGA ACTUALLY FULLFILL THAT JOKE THEY SAID, ABOUT SONIC AND TAILS BEING DUAL CHARACTERS.)

Why Nickelodeon? I kind think they have enough spin-off shows, what with Rabbids TV and Monsters Vs. Aliens

Of course Sonic will still be in the Smash Bros. Universe. He's been highly anticipated since Melee. and I'd probably want either Tails or Shadow to be playable characters. (OR WOULD SEGA ACTUALLY FULLFILL THAT JOKE THEY SAID, ABOUT SONIC AND TAILS BEING DUAL CHARACTERS.)

Sorry, but I would prefer Knuckles heavily over Tails, as he is really suited for a fighting game. You could also tie the ME into why they are there

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Also, anyone thinks Sonic will return in the smash brothers series?

Should Nintendo decide to bring in more guest characters again I'd wager Sonic would be high on the list. Just hope they give him better move sets this time around.

If there were to be a next sonic character, who would it be? I say shadow. Tails and knuckles can assist. Same with Silver.?

I'd rather they just kept Sonic as the playable series representative, along with a different SEGA franchise character (I'd love to see NiGHTS myself). Though I'd like seeing Eggman serving as an assist trophy.

Edited by Balding Spider

If Sonic does come back, better make him more involve in the story.

If it does have a story that is.

Well with how light the Subspace Emissary's story was, I thought it wasn't too different from a Sonic story, just with more characters.

Sonic's role is actually very important - without him Tabuu would have won. He was last but certainly not least to the party.

If he returns and the next game has a story mode I'm sure they'll give him a bit more of a role. Can you imagine the fun of going against one of Eggman's mechs, mutated by whatever the new big bad is?

Eggman would fit perfect for assist trophy.

He can be those type of assist were he has multiple actions and it is random. He comes out and he is in his cockpit or mini eggship, whatever you call it, then takes out a machine and starts attacking. (Ex. Sonic 1 green hill boss wrecking ball, Sonic 2 mystic cave boss two drills. And maybe have new ones.

All the nintendo characters are hopeless, did everything they can. Then Sonic comes and saves the day!! The end.

Edited by jordine

He's pretty much one of the only characters that gets any use. He's as involved as you can get in the story.

He's pretty much one of the only characters that gets any use. He's as involved as you can get in the story.

He was talking about Super Smash Bros Brawl's Subspace Emissary and not the Sonic games.............

I dunno if I'll be angry so much as upset, but..

I think the developers know that fans want Sonic in and almost expect him, his presence depends on Nintendo and SEGA's relationship. It's seen better years.. I really hope they keep up their closeness so Sonic can be a lot better implemented to SSB4.

Sonic was pretty much rushed for Brawl. If he's in SSB4 from the beginning then he'll get good treatment. I would love a Starlight Carnival arena, but since it's in Colours and ASRT then I would choose Sweet Mountain instead (I would've chosen Tropical Resort but it's in Gens 3DS).

I love Colours' level tropes.

Edited by KrazyBean