Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

That's because Generations or no other game should've been related to this. IT IS A REBOOT, it isn't hard to understand.

AKA Sonic Boom's earlier encarnation. In terms of relatedness to other games that is. 

The reason it doesn't make sense when paired with Generations story is because it was never supposed to. What, you expected the writers of 06 to predict the future?

06 ceased being a reboot long before Generations even entered the picture; its title as reboot was stripped when it was bombarded with negative reception galore.

From then on, only Sonic remembered the events of 06. Fanon shouted over canon and most folks just choose to view it as non-canon despite Sonic remembering the events. All Generations really did was just bring attention to 06's canon state. So really Sonic 06 has only itself to blame for this mess.

06 ceased being a reboot long before Generations even entered the picture; its title as reboot was stripped when it was bombarded with negative reception galore.

From then on, only Sonic remembered the events of 06. Fanon shouted over canon and most folks just choose to view it as non-canon despite Sonic remembering the events. All Generations really did was just bring attention to 06's canon state. So really Sonic 06 has only itself to blame for this mess.

However, it was still considered a reboot when it was released. After it was released, SEGA did nothing more to the game other than adding some pretty cool DLC. That is it. Even if they did, than that would mean that they would have to patch the story to recognize itself as canon to Sonic Generations.

Again, the writers COULD NOT see into the future, and change the game because Sonic Generations recognized it worthy enough to be presented as Sonic's history. It is a mistake of Generations part. None other.

The only reason you continue to say this is because you are too harsh on the game. It's over, no need to be afraid of it anymore, let bygones be bygones and appreciate what it got right. (That of which I have already stated)

That lame excuse isn't going to get past me. I'm sure if everyone didn;t have such a sour taste of Sonic 06 stuck in their mouth than they would agree.

Let's look at this from a fixed perspective, as pals.(Even though I'm pretty sure you and plenty of other people hate me)

It can't be Sonic 06's fault because it came before Generations. Changes in the Sonic Universe happen in later games, not prior games. It would be impossible for Sonic 06 writers to know that people would hate it in the future. It received so much hype when the trailers and teasers came out, so they in turn thought this would make Sonic this new "thing".

Since they changed the canonical status of the game later in Generations there is no possible way to blame it on Sonic 06, while logically making sense.

(I'm pretty sure I repeated myself at least twice... sorry about that)

However, it was still considered a reboot when it was released. After it was released, SEGA did nothing more to the game other than adding some pretty cool DLC. That is it. Even if they did, than that would mean that they would have to patch the story to recognize itself as canon to Sonic Generations.

Again, the writers COULD NOT see into the future, and change the game because Sonic Generations recognized it worthy enough to be presented as Sonic's history. It is a mistake of Generations part. None other.

The only reason you continue to say this is because you are too harsh on the game. It's over, no need to be afraid of it anymore, let bygones be bygones and appreciate what it got right. (That of which I have already stated)

Sonic Generations had the Time Eater fucking with the Space Time Continuum. It's not that hard to imagine maybe an alternate time line, Sonic '06, got mixed up in the fray. Of course, that's just headcanon. The real reason it was in Generations was because it was a major part of Sonic's history, for better or worse.

There are some things about Sonic '06 I appreciate:

• Sonic Adventure influence.
  • Silver the Hedgehog.
  • The in-depth, though confusing as hell, story.
  • Sonic's climactic death and resurrection.

There is no right or wrong with this sort of thing though, it's all just our opinions. Of which this forum has many.

That lame excuse isn't going to get past me. I'm sure if everyone didn;t have such a sour taste of Sonic 06 stuck in their mouth than they would agree.

Let's look at this from a fixed perspective, as pals.(Even though I'm pretty sure you and plenty of other people hate me)

It can't be Sonic 06's fault because it came before Generations. Changes in the Sonic Universe happen in later games, not prior games. It would be impossible for Sonic 06 writers to know that people would hate it in the future. It received so much hype when the trailers and teasers came out, so they in turn thought this would make Sonic this new "thing".

Sonic's canon is broken as hell, and the fact that the writers have changed multiple times since '06 makes me really weary to attempt to discuss it. Let's just agree that Sonic '06 is an alternate timeline, even though it did have some influence on the later games.

Since they changed the canonical status of the game later in Generations there is no possible way to blame it on Sonic 06, while logically making sense.

(I'm pretty sure I repeated myself at least twice... sorry about that)

It's not Sonic '06's fault, it's Sonic Team's. They're too lazy to attempt to stitch together some sort of canon, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way :P

Most people have given up arguing with you, you should be more careful with what you say. That deaf joke before wasn't cool :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Generations had the Time Eater fucking with the Space Time Continuum. It's not that hard to imagine maybe an alternate time line, Sonic '06, got mixed up in the fray. Of course, that's just headcanon. The real reason it was in Generations was because it was a major part of Sonic's history, for better or worse.

There are some things about Sonic '06 I appreciate:

• Sonic Adventure influence.
  • Silver the Hedgehog.
  • The in-depth, though confusing as hell, story.
  • Sonic's climactic death and resurrection.

There is no right or wrong with this sort of thing though, it's all just our opinions. Of which this forum has many.

Sonic's canon is broken as hell, and the fact that the writers have changed multiple times since '06 makes me really weary to attempt to discuss it. Let's just agree that Sonic '06 is an alternate timeline, even though it did have some influence on the later games.

It's not Sonic '06's fault, it's Sonic Team's. They're too lazy to attempt to stitch together some sort of canon, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way tongue.png

Most people have given up arguing with you, you should be more careful with what you say. That deaf joke before wasn't cool :/

That is a good explanation of it. But the two plots together do literally make no sense... It's just breaking the 4th wall plain and simple.

I agree with all of those points

Yes, these points are opinions. As I've said constantly.

I can settle with that since it is factually correct.

Yea... I guess it is Sonic Team's fault, I just wish they would do better next time. Sonic Boom is looking really promising and as a result I've began my own hype train by myself. 

Yea, Most people have, but I doubt it was because of my demeanor. I've kept my composure throughout MOST of the time I've posted here. While people go on to say how stupid it is to enjoy a game, or how stupid it is to think this way, but in all honesty, their just making it seem as though the conjecture was Solid.

It Wasn't a Joke. I was being sensitive to those who cannot hear. If I had ignored the fact that there are deaf people in the world it would seem as though I do not care for them. And as stated above I HATE when things aren't balanced Fairly. Hence my comparison of games to 06. I'm really not that kind of person. Whether you choose to believe it or not is your choice, but I KNOW that I'm not the bad guy you paint me out to be.

I just Like 06. Simple as that. It has Flaws yes, but it's still good nonetheless, and nothing's perfect.

And as such I've explained my reasoning for liking it in such a manner. 

I'm pretty sure Sega never intended for Sonic 06 to really be a hard reboot. It seemed more like it was trying to do the same thing Adventure 1 did, to sort of relaunch the series and 'bring it into the modern era'. Not so much setting itself in a completely new canon but more taking some new and radical direction to make Sonic look more "next gen".

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Sega never intended for Sonic 06 to really be a hard reboot. It seemed more like it was trying to do the same thing Adventure 1 did, to sort of relaunch the series and 'bring it into the modern era'. Not so much setting itself in a completely new canon but more taking some new and radical direction to make Sonic look more "next gen".

I can understand that, but considering the drastic changes they've made to the plot. Blue Chaos Emerald, Shadow Working for Gun; both imply that alot of future events have not happened. They MAY have happened, but again, they aren't explained as mentioned previously.

And What about that thing with Sonic 1? I really wanted to discuss that with you - 3-

Ok, first of all, how come when I'm the one insulting I'm pointed out by admins, yet I've constantly been criticized for my enjoyment of the game, many of which imply that it is a stupid reason to enjoy it, when it all comes down to opinion. Yet I'm condescending huh? Well whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to this friendly forum eventually.

2nd of all, How am I lazy to not look up something when I'm constantly attacked for my opinion, as well as having to do many things outside of internet business and such. Yep that's totally Lazy.

3rd of all, This makes your claim look even worse because the script writer is SUPPOSED to make the story make sense. Shiro is the reason Mephiles never explains himself, and why many things such as Eggman's plans aren't explained. The Game's story BASE was made by Shun, and nothing more. The script writer is the person who is supposed to make sense of things. That makes it look even worse.

4th, It never said that the script was written by him in Sonic Adventure 2's credits, yet there's still a script isn't there? By that Logic, that would mean that the story was written by no one, or someone who chose to remain uncredited. 

Again, the statement "it sucks" is still your opinion, not fact.

It got erased twice? Wrong, if it was erased the first time, then it would not make another return the second time. Making it only erase once from Sonic Generations' perspective. Seeing as how the two games do not add up.

1. Sorry to say this, but you might have consider that you may have poor taste (or rather you're being seen as someone with poor taste).  That's why why you're having trouble getting others to understand your opinions and in turn, deem them illogical.

2. You why I called you lazy?  It literally took me less than ten seconds to find that information. You mean to tell me that you couldn't take just a little bit of time to find it yourself?

3. Yeah, that was the point! Thank you.  Apparently, script writer doesn't equal story/script editor (at least not for Sonic 06).  Lord knows where this game's story would be if some actual proofreading went into this thing.

4. It's there.  Look for: Game Story

"Again, the statement "it sucks" is still your opinion, not fact."

mtd,375x360,n,s,WW91IGRvbid0IHNheSAoSEQp

As for Crisis City, you're only half-right.  Since that level never actually existed in canon, Dr. Eggman had to use the Time Eater to leave the current canon and retrieve the stage from is essential an reset timeline in a different canon.  i swear the Time Eater must be Chaos Control x 10!

• Thumbs Up 1

In the 121 pages this topic already has, I'm sure this classic has been posted already, but I love BlazeHedgehog and he gives great examples as to why Sonic '06 is a terrible game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM

1. Sorry to say this, but you might have consider that you may have poor taste (or rather you're being seen as someone with poor taste).  That's why why you're having trouble getting others to understand your opinions and in turn, deem them illogical.

2. You why I called you lazy?  It literally took me less than ten seconds to find that information. You mean to tell me that you couldn't take just a little bit of time to find it yourself?

3. Yeah, that was the point! Thank you.  Apparently, script writer doesn't equal story/script editor (at least not for Sonic 06).  Lord knows where this game's story would be if some actual proofreading went into this thing.

4. It's there.  Look for: Game Story

"Again, the statement "it sucks" is still your opinion, not fact."

As for Crisis City, you're only half-right.  Since that level never actually existed in canon, Dr. Eggman had to use the Time Eater to leave the current canon and retrieve the stage from is essential an reset timeline in a different canon.  i swear the Time Eater must be Chaos Control x 10!

1. Yet look who's speechless in the turnabout I:/

2. That doesn't mean anything. We are obligated to respect each other on the forum, as such there is no need for name calling like that of a grade schooler.

3. :Facepalm: You do realize that you intentionally called me out when I pointed out that Sonic Adventure 2's plot was written by shiro right? And that Shiro is the one responsilbe for the game not making sense right? Your contradicting youself sleep.png;

4. The page doesn't list him as "scripter". Since your allogations went on to point out that since he was under the category "writer" on the wikipedia page, you imply that it has to be stated PERFECTLY that he had written both stories. And as such I've replied with  :  It never said that the script was written by him in Sonic Adventure 2's credits, yet there's still a script isn't there? By that Logic, that would mean that the story was written by no one, or someone who chose to remain uncredited.  

You're... very wrong. I don't recall Eggman mentioning that the time eater could travel to diffeent dimensions, did you? As My pal Rusty spy has greatly emphasized, you cannot presume that these things are apparent since you have no clear cut evidence in which it's capable of doing so. Sonic 06 being in Generations is Nothing more than breaking the fourth wall, and downright radically too...

Your 

In the 121 pages this topic already has, I'm sure this classic has been posted already, but I love BlazeHedgehog and he gives great examples as to why Sonic '06 is a terrible game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM

He shows why he thinks Sonic 06 is a terrible game you mean. As long as the vote isn't unanimous it cannot be declared as a bad game. (It's like some people sling that around like it's a fact...)

I implore that you watch this video with it's FAR WORSE gameplay glitches, that , mind you, Do not appear in Sonic 06.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6vZqPNcDo&hd=1

Believe it or not, the Audio Clip falter is a problem in other games as well. One being Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkiachi 3 where when baby vegeta uses Final Flash, he instead says Big Bang Attack, it's the same thing. What excuses the other?

1. Yet look who's speechless in the turnabout I:/

2. That doesn't mean anything. We are obligated to respect each other on the forum, as such there is no need for name calling like that of a grade schooler.

3. :Facepalm: You do realize that you intentionally called me out when I pointed out that Sonic Adventure 2's plot was written by shiro right? And that Shiro is the one responsilbe for the game not making sense right? Your contradicting youself sleep.png;

4. The page doesn't list him as "scripter". Since your allogations went on to point out that since he was under the category "writer" on the wikipedia page, you imply that it has to be stated PERFECTLY that he had written both stories. And as such I've replied with  :  It never said that the script was written by him in Sonic Adventure 2's credits, yet there's still a script isn't there? By that Logic, that would mean that the story was written by no one, or someone who chose to remain uncredited.  

You're... very wrong. I don't recall Eggman mentioning that the time eater could travel to diffeent dimensions, did you? As My pal Rusty spy has greatly emphasized, you cannot presume that these things are apparent since you have no clear cut evidence in which it's capable of doing so. Sonic 06 being in Generations is Nothing more than breaking the fourth wall, and downright radically too...

Your 

He shows why he thinks Sonic 06 is a terrible game you mean. As long as the vote isn't unanimous it cannot be declared as a bad game. (It's like some people sling that around like it's a fact...)

I implore that you watch this video with it's FAR WORSE gameplay glitches, that , mind you, Do not appear in Sonic 06.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6vZqPNcDo&hd=1

I wasn't trying to start a discussion or anything by posting that video, it's just an old favorite of mine and is pretty relevant.

I'm really burnt out on talking about this.

I'm pretty sure I've already said that other games being worse does not make 06 good, in the same vein that Stalin having existed doesn't make OJ Simpson a saint.

Please stop with the logical fallacies. They do nothing but waste everyone's time. I don't know how many more times I'll end up telling you that over the course of this discussion, but it's something worth repeating.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm pretty sure I've already said that other games being worse does not make 06 good, in the same vein that Stalin having existed doesn't make OJ Simpson a saint.

Please stop with the logical fallacies. They do nothing but waste everyone's time. I don't know how many more times I'll end up telling you that over the course of this discussion, but it's something worth repeating.

I know, I'm SHOWING this to those who think Sonic 06 has the most horrible glitches ever, and to those who believe that the game is the worst game to ever exist. Not only is that opinion based, but there is Factual Evidence of these games having more broken gameplay glitches than the "worst game ever"

Right, that's the second time... Wow... didn't realize it was so much.

Since No one has anything else to say that would counter my argument I think this post has served it's purpose, I think an admin should step in and lock the topic now. :/

Since No one has anything else to say that would counter my argument I think this post has served it's purpose, I think an admin should step in and lock the topic now. :/

You can't be serious. Locking an entire official 06 topic over this!? Don't hold your breath.

I know, I'm SHOWING this to those who think Sonic 06 has the most horrible glitches ever, and to those who believe that the game is the worst game to ever exist. Not only is that opinion based, but there is Factual Evidence of these games having more broken gameplay glitches than the "worst game ever"

This isn't a contest about what the 'worst game evar' is. The point is that Sonic 06 is a poorly made game with a poorly written story, and no body likes it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Sonic 2006. I say before that it was my first game into the Sonic series. i was liking Sonic the first time I saw him in the game and I play with him and it was amazing. I love how fast he was and his homing attack and ring-dash. I really enjoyed playing as him. I also enjoyed that I could buy gems for his moves like the mach speeds. Mach speed sections, love them. I love the sense of speed I got when I run really fast and these stages fit Sonic. This game is the reason why I love Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

No one in the argument has seriously supported the notion that Sonic 06 was the worst game ever. People have been arguing that it's merely a bad game. To disprove the first statement is thus a strawman: you're ignoring what people are saying and are making rebuttals towards statements that aren't actually part of the debate.

Second, this topic is free to be open forever because it keeps discussion about this game from spreading to the rest of the section. We will lock it only if A) We decide to ban discussion about this game, or B.) It gets so awful and ugly that the mods or an admin decides we have no choice.

• Thumbs Up 5

Right, that video is the official "Worst Glitches Ever" video approved by everyone. You got it. You won.

Right, that's the second time... Wow... didn't realize it was so much.

Consider this: You keep restating your points, and are surprised when we refute them over and over. Maybe your points are just really terrible, and we're trying to show you just how terrible they are. We're listening to you, but you aren't making good points.

Since No one has anything else to say that would counter my argument I think this post has served it's purpose.

Yup. Master of Discussion 2014, none can refute you oh great one.

I think an admin should step in and lock the topic now. :/

Don't open if you're prone to seizures!

srsly-jontron-o.gif

If you have to ask a mod to lock a topic just because the topic is not completely leaning in your favor, then I think that speaks more about your willingness to discuss than it does about our ability to point out the various logical fallacies, strawmen, and total evasiveness in your attempts at discussing why Sonic 06 is a poorly designed game. You have the right to like it, but you have an uphill climb (if not a 90 degree angle) to try to prove it to be anything except a poor game, and constantly trying to act like everyone else is clearly wrong while doing very poorly at proving otherwise is not helping your case.

I like Sonic 2006. I say before that it was my first game into the Sonic series. i was liking Sonic the first time I saw him in the game and I play with him and it was amazing. I love how fast he was and his homing attack and ring-dash. I really enjoyed playing as him. I also enjoyed that I could buy gems for his moves like the mach speeds. Mach speed sections, love them. I love the sense of speed I got when I run really fast and these stages fit Sonic. This game is the reason why I love Sonic.

And you know what? That's pretty great. I mean that genuinely. The fact that you found some good old fun in this game is something I envy of you, comrade. 

I know it's not at all my place to say it, but thanks for coming down here in the midst of all this. Even if I think this is a bad game, I suppose in the end things like this were made to be enjoyed, so I'm glad you enjoyed it, comrade. I'll argue till the end of my days over the faults I find in this game, but I hope you don't let me take away the fun you have with it regardless. =)

I dunno, random aside. It just kinda popped out of me.

• Thumbs Up 4

You can't be serious. Locking an entire official 06 topic over this!? Don't hold your breath.

If no one has anything worthwhile to say than it might as well be locked, especially if there isn't going to anything other than your life story as to why you hate Sonic 06. No one except me or a few others that have already liked the game barely have discussed anything considerably about it so what's the point?

I mean, Yea, I'm not the boss around here, but it seems like the best idea...

This isn't a contest about what the 'worst game evar' is. The point is that Sonic 06 is a poorly made game with a poorly written story, and no body likes it.

Who you calling nobody? because there is certainly more than me.

All of that is mainly your opinion except the first sentence.

No one in the argument has seriously supported the notion that Sonic 06 was the worst game ever. People have been arguing that it's merely a bad game. To disprove the first statement is thus a strawman: you're ignoring what people are saying and are making rebuttals towards statements that aren't actually part of the debate.

Second, this topic is free to be open forever because it keeps discussion about this game from spreading to the rest of the section. We will lock it only if A) We decide to ban discussion about this game, or B.) It gets so awful and ugly that the mods or an admin decides have no choice.

In that case, I was wrong for pointing that out. I then see no reason to be in this discussion anymore, that is unless someone retorts to one of my statements.

Right, that video is the official "Worst Glitches Ever" video approved by everyone. You got it. You won.

Consider this: You keep restating your points, and are surprised when we refute them over and over. Maybe your points are just really terrible, and we're trying to show you just how terrible they are. We're listening to you, but you aren't making good points.

Don't open if you're prone to seizures!

srsly-jontron-o.gif

So your saying that you legitimately would rather endure those glitches than any Sonic 06 has to offer? I never said that it was the worst glitches ever, but I never said that it wasn't. HOWEVER, people constantly say "Sonic 06 is terrible" as if it were fact.

Clearly, because Sonic 1's story was definitely NOT a good point. Eggman being inconsistent in contrast to his prior self ISN'T worth considering when discussing villains. Yep, I have absolutely Nothing worth saying. /sarcasm

I never said that. You did. But just because someone says it, it does not make it true.

If you have to ask a mod to lock a topic just because the topic is not completely leaning in your favor, then I think that speaks more about your willingness to discuss than it does about our ability to point out the various logical fallacies, strawmen, and total evasiveness in your attempts at discussing why Sonic 06 is a poorly designed game. You have the right to like it, but you have an uphill climb (if not a 90 degree angle) to try to prove it to be anything except a poor game, and constantly trying to act like everyone else is clearly wrong while doing very poorly at proving otherwise is not helping your case.

Right... not leaning in my favor? Who made the last conjecture which went completely unanswered like several other valid points? Me. If they were so incorrect than they would be just as quick to point it out as they had before. Not pointing it out only makes it seem more evident that I am correct. Did you thoroughly read through the last few pages?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proving Sonic 06 is a good game is just as difficult as proving Religion to be correct. There are those who believe already, and no one can literally force you to believe or not to believe, but we can give evidence to justify out liking of it. I mean, My first post was basically my thoughts on 06, and then everyone decided to pick my brain and see why I think this way. As a result I've shown my resources and cited my evidence very carefully to show that it isn't an abysmal game. It Cannot be proven to be good or bad whatsoever. Nothing can... I guess that's where the dead truth of these discussion can come into play... It's kinda like limbo...., but I digress.

Do not post condescending bullshit to one another because that's stirring drama which is also against the rules.

I thought I was clear on that. =/

• Thumbs Up 3

And you know what? That's pretty great. I mean that genuinely. The fact that you found some good old fun in this game is something I envy of you, comrade. 

I know it's not at all my place to say it, but thanks for coming down here in the midst of all this. Even if I think this is a bad game, I suppose in the end things like this were made to be enjoyed, so I'm glad you enjoyed it, comrade. I'll argue till the end of my days over the faults I find in this game, but I hope you don't let me take away the fun you have with it regardless. =)

I dunno, random aside. It just kinda popped out of me.

Ok, I'm glad you respect her opinion, but I'm wrong because I've thoroughly explained why I enjoyed the game? That doesn't quite add up...

I thought I was clear on that. =/

It wasn't me that time mellow.png

If no one has anything worthwhile to say than it might as well be locked, especially if there isn't going to anything other than your life story as to why you hate Sonic 06. No one except me or a few others that have already liked the game barely have discussed anything considerably about it so what's the point?

I mean, Yea, I'm not the boss around here, but it seems like the best idea...

Buddy-boy, calling for a thread to be locked just because the majority of people who discuss it here don't really like the game is lame. And quite bluntly, it's downright unfair to people who want to discuss it, no matter what their opinion of it is. Let them be.

• Thumbs Up 2