Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Contrary? I don't recall Mephiles ever helping Sonic Shadow or Silver, much less trying to stop Eggman or Iblis. THAT is contrary, screwing around in the past however is not.

Maybe not exactly contrary, but the steps to achieving his goals are incredibly roundabout and needlessly complex when there were far simpler options that the story never adresses.

Indeed, I do this only because it's the next logical step. "Blanks" in a story usually end up with a game being a Mad Lib, due to the players blatant unwantedness for the story. As a result the game SEEMS jumbled up and confused, while the opposite, Me, uses the "blanks" to make the story make more sense. How do you know that the writers didn't intend for us to pick it up? It's almost as if it's a math problem.

Here's the problem: 2 + _ = 4 

Here's my perception of it: 2 + 2 = 4 (Whereas I'm using my knowledge of the Math [or the game in this case] to solve the problem)

Here's alot of others' perception of it: 2 + 0 = 4 (Resulting in the plot Not making sense and nothing seeming justified)

This would in turn mean that the people who do thing the plot is convuluted and unexplained is because they themselves haven't filled in the blanks properly.

You are dodging the point entirely.

YOUR assumptions on character actions and what's actually happening are NOT more true than anyone elses, because the story is responsible for informing the audience on the details. This is not some math problem or open ended story that's supposed to be left open for interpretation, these are missing details that cause characters actions to be called into question.

Since this is the case than the story should have no reason for the guff it gets because Nothing contradicts itself in the story. And you can SAY that mephiles has contradicted himself, but you'd be wrong. He never did anything that would directly cause his plan to faulter.

You are dodging the point again. Mehphilies' actions were pointless when he was shown to be able to carry out his plans all by himself. The story never explains why Mephilies specifically chose to do these things, and thus the audience is never given a straight answer, causing his actions to seem foolish and shortsighted.

The story not giving us a proper explanation is a bad thing. If we are given a villain who, by all accounts, is capable of carrying out his plans by himself and any time he wants to, especially if it involves time travel, then the story needs to give a reason for why the villain (or any character for that matter) can't simply take the easiest possible option. For starters, establishing some rules on what characters can do at any given time. Since the story never sets any rules for Mephilies (outside of being weaker and more vulnerable in the past), nor explains why he chooses these actions despite these lack of rules, than viewers are only going to question why these simpler options are never considered or brought up in the story, leaving them frustrated and confused.

Let me repeat myself: The story is responsible for informing the audience on the details.

No where does it imply that these allegations are incorrect as well.

You assume characters do things for specific reasons or know specific things and use that as 'proof'.

Your assumptions are not proof.

If story doesn't address these issues, than that is a problem with the story

Let me repeat myself: The story is responsible for informing the audience on the details.

And screwing around in the past is a result of this. You would conjure up ice cream and he would like to screw with people. It's his pleasure to do these things before his ultimate goal comes to fruition,

That is your own assumption on the character's motives.

AND THAT'S WHAT THE GAME DID. Don't you see that everyone here who is griping about the Mephiles' character is curious to know WHY he went through all of that. You just helped prove my point tongue.png

Do I need to repeat myself?

"They introduce him as some weird creature that looks just like Shadow and seems to know him somehow, and can manipulate time. This also makes viewers want to follow the story and find out more. Thus over the course of the plot we piece together more information about him, and find out that he's the other half of Solaris and he wants to merge with Iblis so he can destroy everything. That's all fine and dandy, but the problem is that once we realize his motives and reevaluate the steps he took to achieving his goal, we begin to realize that there were far simpler ways of doing it, and when the plot fails to explain why these simpler options were never considered, or weren't possible, it makes his actions look needlessly complex, which undermines his credibility as a villain."

Again: The story is responsible for informing the audience on the details.

• Thumbs Up 6

it is QUITE frustrating saying the same thing as many as 4 to 5 times over....

As someone who's been through the hundred pages of this topic, trust me, the feeling's mutual.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh and about Crisis City in Generations, I was...actually pretty impressed with that decision. They could have easily just ignored '06 entirely, but nope. I get people were mad because they just want to forget this game ever happened, but even before Generations people were still bringing it up, so either way nothing really changed. :V

I would have been pissed off if they'd skipped it. I understand skipping Shadow as it wasn't a game played by Sonic, but Generations shouldn't have been "the history of Sonic minus this game and this game just because nobody liked it". It was supposed to cover almost every major game and did. And they made Crisis City so good in my eyes (favourite level of Generations easily) that it was worth it. It was a bleak level in the mostly cartoony Unleashed style and worked perfectly, and I wish that sort of edge was more present in the games in terms of level aesthetics.

• Thumbs Up 5

No, that timeline proves the exact opposite. The very idea that you need a chart to follow the story of a lone Sonic game, one that's supposed to re-introduce the series to the masses, is one that clearly had little thought put into it. The writers clearly wanted to make a grandiose and "epic" game without even thinking about who the target audience was.

Listen, I know you love the game, but you're trying to defend something that has been objectively and universally panned for reasons such as the convoluted and overly complicated story. I used to be a white-knighter for this one until I played it for myself.

All of it. 

Everything about this game is the personification of what was wrong with Sonic Team of the time. Every detail, every thought, every moment you control that empty emotionless shell of a hedgehog is spared good intention. Sonic 2006 is not simply a bad game because of glitches, it's one of the worst games to ever have been made. The story is terrible. The gameplay is terrible. The design and intention is terrible. The very philosophy, "what if Sonic were real," was dead on arrival. NOTHING about this game, save for a passable soundtrack, is salvageable.

You're defending something that SEGA pulled off of the Xbox Live market. 

Something that only guaranteed more money the longer they kept it up.

Because they felt the image of Sonic was more important than the money they would make.

SEGA, a big greedy gaming corporation, gave up free money, because this is a game they are personally ashamed of.

You're defending a game that SEGA is personally ashamed of.

Personally ashamed of.

Things that are unorganized CANNOT be charted, therefore, it would mean that it isn't the exact opposite. Please explain to me how it was charted if it is the exact opposite. Did you see the Blue chaos emerald jump into the future after not being there at all? Or any chaos emeralds? Personally, it doesn't matter though. I'm just glad people are able to pick up these problems in other video games while assesing them. I'm just glad this isn't a matter of hypocricism.

Target Audience? Unsure? Don't you mean Sonic Lost World? A game that clearly wanted to be mario but tried so hard to SEEM to be Sonic? Sonic 06 knew what it was. Any overly complex story with many issues, but it DID know who it was trying to appeal to. It may have failed in doing so to many, but it knew.

You used to defend this game? Hard to believe.

See, I'm a bit less cynical about the title than most people are. It seems as though many people are mad at it, and won't give it a chance, due to a series of unfortunate events. Kinda reminds me of the swiss cheese model in a story where people left their babies in the backseat accidentaly, which resulted in them dying. I digress however.

Most of the gushing your doing in the middle of that paragraph is your opinion. I know this because there are people currently porting to game to the hedgehog engine with Sonic Generations. And as a result many people are on the steam train to get it to happen. There's it's Design and Intention. Check. There's the Story. Check. As for the Gameplay, it simply adds more game features onto Sonic Adventure 2's. Some may be unneccesary, but there always seems to be that tip that isn't gathered together properly. This is especially evident in MOST Sonic games.

I greatly disagree with you. If the very philosophy of "what if sonic was real"? was dead on Arrival, then why was there STILL so much hype surrounding it once the trailer was real. The Philosophy was present then. I also ask you this. What makes Sonic any less real in this game than in Sonic Adventure 2? A game that has been renowned by sonic fans and gamers alike? He was just as real in that game, not to mention many levels in the game feature something that is true to real world. Deserts, Prisons, Space Colonies, and FREAKIN' CALIFORNIA. Please explain that to me kind sir.

It's probably best not to try and use the "unfinished game" argument when 06 fails to include stuff mentioned in the freaking manual!!

If you use that Logic, than Sonic Colors wasn't even supposed to have a story, considering there isn't a page in the manual for it.

Oh and about Crisis City in Generations, I was...actually pretty impressed with that decision. They could have easily just ignored '06 entirely, but nope. I get people were mad because they just want to forget this game ever happened, but even before Generations people were still bringing it up, so either way nothing really changed. :V

And y'know, I did vaguely enjoy what I've played of '06. Part of it is that I played it years later, though. I had long since healed from the hype train crash, and since I hadn't played it when it was new, I hadn't been as bummed out over it as those who had. So I just kinda laughed about it. Still pretty bad, but at least it isn't very personal for me. I save that level of annoyance for Wii Unleashed.

...Thinking about this has reminded me of how annoying the bosses are in this game. Egg Cerberus in particular, what even is that fight.

My point exactly. Hearing this Indigo Rush? If the game was hated so much, than why is it still selling? Why are there STILL copies in Game stores? Why is the gameplay mechanics in future games? Why is it IN GENERATIONS? Answer those questions for me would ya?

Yea, that train never stops...

I feel as though the title "unplayable mess" isn't reserved for Sonic 06. If it was an unplayable mess it would be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get every Soleanna medal as well as getting every S rank in Super Hard as well as Hard mode. That would in turn mean that that title is Opinion and opinion alone. 

Not to mention there are far worse glitches in various other games that people love, yet they get no guff for it. And it isn't to say that they aren't frequent either. Watch this Video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_k6vZqPNcDo&ei=vq7-UqO8McXz2QWU5IGwBA&usg=AFQjCNHgFC2UIKTmN2e8tpvLBVmt5JSBHw&sig2=Cel2rtUeN8W9OBl9pfSUSg&bvm=bv.61535280,d.b2I

Not only are the glitches exclusive enough to NOT feature any glitches in 06, there are glicthes that are FAR WORSE than the glitches that occur in Sonic 06.

Annoying? Egg Cerberus? I beat that thing on my first try at the age of ten.... didn't seem difficult to me. How was it annoying? Unless you mean the design or presentation of it in general. If that is the case than I refer you to All of Sonic Lost World bosses.

Too damn lazy to look it up yourself?

Fine, here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)#Production_Credits

Also, about Crisis City.  It's kinda funny that that level was somehow bring back for Generations only for it to be erased again when Modern & Classic Sonic defeat the Time Eater.

Sonic 06 sucks so bad, it got erased twice! LOL

Ok, first of all, how come when I'm the one insulting I'm pointed out by admins, yet I've constantly been criticized for my enjoyment of the game, many of which imply that it is a stupid reason to enjoy it, when it all comes down to opinion. Yet I'm condescending huh? Well whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to this friendly forum eventually.

2nd of all, How am I lazy to not look up something when I'm constantly attacked for my opinion, as well as having to do many things outside of internet business and such. Yep that's totally Lazy.

3rd of all, This makes your claim look even worse because the script writer is SUPPOSED to make the story make sense. Shiro is the reason Mephiles never explains himself, and why many things such as Eggman's plans aren't explained. The Game's story BASE was made by Shun, and nothing more. The script writer is the person who is supposed to make sense of things. That makes it look even worse.

4th, It never said that the script was written by him in Sonic Adventure 2's credits, yet there's still a script isn't there? By that Logic, that would mean that the story was written by no one, or someone who chose to remain uncredited. 

Again, the statement "it sucks" is still your opinion, not fact.

It got erased twice? Wrong, if it was erased the first time, then it would not make another return the second time. Making it only erase once from Sonic Generations' perspective. Seeing as how the two games do not add up.

AND BTW, if SEGA allegedly hated Sonic 06 so much, than explain this.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/sonic-team-admits-possibility-of-sonic-2006-sequel/

What I don't quite 'get' is why this game's story is put on a pedestal above stories like Colours' and Generations' (Which are shit anyway but were certainly not on the same level as '06)  just because it has more 'complexity' or 'an epic feel' to it.

Yeah....That really doesn't count for anything when the narrative is so fundamentally broken in my view. I understand the notion that fans would like an ambitious plot along the lines of '06 but I don't get putting the story overall above Colours and Gens specifically because it's serious when it was so utterly cringeworthy.

It seems as though (well to me anyway) that it should be placed up there do to their failure in a more difficult task. Many have said that Sonic has never been good at story telling and never will be, this however shows that SEGA aren't even TRYING at this point. That much can be said for Sonic 06, it's inspiration may have been faltered, but it however DID incorporate a story that's more compelling than one that Has NO character development, NO sharp turns or twists, and Endings that make zero sense. (Seriously, how did Eggman build that mech from no where? In Sonic Lost World?)

It's as if Someone is saying, "Drat, I can't Jump (As in at all)" and another person Saying "Drat, I can't jump over onto that ledge". Colors being the Jump and 06 being the Jump to that ledge. Both of them fail, but the one in which has the more complex task should be supported for trying to do such. Because Jumping is simple(or in this case writing a story is simple), but being able to exceed in jumping ability is something other to behold(06 being the 'jump on the ledge'). However, I think that people shun the game for failing at doing the more complex task instead of Colors for doing the less complex task. And to be honest, I'm not sure why. :/

Cringeworthy? That again, is opinionated. You may believe that Lines like "Baldy McnoseHair" is great or even OK, but not everyone is ok with it. The only way for an opinion to become known as a fact is if it's unanimous. And in this case It is Not.

Either Way, I doubt anyone could make A story as complex as Sonic 06's work, which gives me all the more reason to thank them for their Effort, instead of shoehorning in a plot that makes no sense and makes the main villain not only out of character but stupid as well.

The fact that most like to bring up their dislike for Colors and Generation's plots (or lack thereof for the ladder)  as means to defend 06's clusteruck of a story is just grating in general.

Probably Use a different word. Grating means: sounding harsh and unpleasant.

I'm not sounding harsh or unpleasant here. I'm just comparing the two since one is hated and one is loved. Simple as that. I've never said that the game was made worse for me because of these problems, I just want to know why it's acceptable in one game (to some) and unacceptable in another game. Doesn't make much sense...

I can't think of anyone here who thinks Colors' lack of depth is an endearing element. Simplicity is nice on occasion, and Colors' story was pretty refreshing after having a ton of heavy plots, but I'd hate for such cheesiness to be the norm. As someone who enjoyed Colors and Lost World, I can't possibly bring myself to advocate for the series to never go deeper than that. Those stories excel in character development and script writing, but lack in complexity and theming. 

Basically, I feel that there is a time and a place for certain dark or childish overtones, but the series should not be dominated by either.

With that in mind, it's pretty silly to suggest that any member here would want Colors to be the norm, and it's just as silly to point to Colors as an excuse for why stories need to be like '06. Both are extreme ends of the spectrum. Well, not so much Colors, but you get the idea.

Really? Excels in Character development? Wrong. Sonic doesn't learn anything in Colors. He barely does anything... In Lost World he simply gets mad when his freinds are gone, yet he doesn't even ask if their ok when they come back. Not only that, but he acts like a hypocrite and his Rationality is what causes the problems in the first place (Something he's never done. AKA Out of Character). Sonic doesn't even ask if Amy's ok after she almost collapsed on the planet due to it being sucked out of energy. Tails doesn't really develop here either. He is angry that Eggman has to work with him despite working with him with absolutely NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER IN THE PAST. Inconsitent, just like the Blue Chaos Emerald. Tails even ENJOYED having Eggman's company in Sonic Chronicles, a game that I must say, was very well done in getting Character elements correct, unlike SOME games... 

I agree with that. But They didn't have to make it THAT simplistic.Heroes should be as simple as the games get, but that's in my opinion, and while I do love 06's story, I do however think that Sonic Adventure 2 should be the Maximum on the Serious dial. That is again, my opnion however.

Actually Colors is an extreme end of the spectrum. Sonic 3K, and even Sonic CD had more complex stories. You can LITERALLY sum up the entire game in 3 words. You cannot however do the same for CD or 3K, The first and Second however are spared from this detail due to no reason at all the game's norm of simplicity. But I don't think that's the way the devlopers had planned it. In point of Fact, the Music Director for Sonic the Hedgeog 1 had went on to say that when he made the music for the game he made it like a movie, because that's how the game had seemed to him. SEGA had always wanted to take Sonic farther than A regular platformer.

Maybe not exactly contrary, but the steps to achieving his goals are incredibly roundabout and needlessly complex when there were far simpler options that the story never adresses.

You are dodging the point entirely.

YOUR assumptions on character actions and what's actually happening are NOT more true than anyone elses, because the story is responsible for informing the audience on the details. This is not some math problem or open ended story that's supposed to be left open for interpretation, these are missing details that cause characters actions to be called into question.

You are dodging the point again. Mehphilies' actions were pointless when he was shown to be able to carry out his plans all by himself. The story never explains why Mephilies specifically chose to do these things, and thus the audience is never given a straight answer, causing his actions to seem foolish and shortsighted.

The story not giving us a proper explanation is a bad thing. If we are given a villain who, by all accounts, is capable of carrying out his plans by himself and any time he wants to, especially if it involves time travel, then the story needs to give a reason for why the villain (or any character for that matter) can't simply take the easiest possible option. For starters, establishing some rules on what characters can do at any given time. Since the story never sets any rules for Mephilies (outside of being weaker and more vulnerable in the past), nor explains why he chooses these actions despite these lack of rules, than viewers are only going to question why these simpler options are never considered or brought up in the story, leaving them frustrated and confused.

You assume characters do things for specific reasons or know specific things and use that as 'proof'.

If story doesn't address these issues, than that is a problem with the story

That is your own assumption on the character's motives.

Do I need to repeat myself?

"They introduce him as some weird creature that looks just like Shadow and seems to know him somehow, and can manipulate time. This also makes viewers want to follow the story and find out more. Thus over the course of the plot we piece together more information about him, and find out that he's the other half of Solaris and he wants to merge with Iblis so he can destroy everything. That's all fine and dandy, but the problem is that once we realize his motives and reevaluate the steps he took to achieving his goal, we begin to realize that there were far simpler ways of doing it, and when the plot fails to explain why these simpler options were never considered, or weren't possible, it makes his actions look needlessly complex, which undermines his credibility as a villain."

Again: The story is responsible for informing the audience on the details.

How many times are you going to say that? Just want to be sure, because No matter how many examples I use you just through those words right back at me. It would help if you would further enunciate your point by using examples instead of saying the same thing over and over. It's like the Legend of Zelda. How does repeating Something count as re-explaining it? If an instructor were to do this, many children would be confused in the process of learning the subject. So, could you at least TRY to use something different to describe this? Because I certainly have. 

How exactly is that dodging the plot? I'm simply filling in the blanks like my example said, while you just leave it blank. 

Precisely, they aren't true, they are educated guesses, estimations; which means that Mephiles plans could be stupid or ingenious, neither side can judge because it isn't explained.

What in the game Solidifies that the game isn't open ended? It never says DON'T THINK THIS WAY BECAUSE IT'S WRONG. So we have the freedom of making such educated guesses. However it doesn't say the Latter either. This Argument is and always will be a stalemate because of the fact that it is left blank. You cannot imply nor justifiy that He is stupid and I cannot imply or justify that he is smart. This argument will never end at this rate, so we might as well stop now. We are technically BOTH right. Are we not?

So by that Logic, your saying that Any story with even One TEENSY TINY missing plot device it's immediately bad? (From your perspective at least) If that's the case than Every other Sonic Game has a terrible story as well.

And By that Logic, Dr. Eggman is even stupider than Mephiles for not explaining his reasons in games after Sonic Unleashed as well as outright failing. It isn't consistent with Past Eggman, if you can prove to me that Eggman is egotistic in any game prior to Colors, I will re-evaluate my reasoning. As well as Many James Bond villains, who, because of their notion to gloat have failed. Guess what? Mephiles has gloated to his Enemies as well which in turn makes him Egotistic excusing his radical and unnecessary behavior.

Not in all cases my Fine pokemon Loving friend. (although I'm not sure that we're friends...) If you can recall, Sonic the Hedgehog does the same thing. It doesn't give details as to why Sonic is doing what He's Doing and Eggman is doing what he's doing. The Story is written like this: 

Crush Dr. Robotnik!

Dr. Ivo Robotnik, the mad scientist, is snatching innocent animals and turning them into evil robots! Only one tough dude can put an end to the demented scientist's fiendish scheme. It'sSonic, the real cool hedgehog with the spiked haircut and power sneakers that give him super speed.

Help Sonic fight hordes of metal maniacs and do the loop with the Super Sonic Spin Attack. Speed down twisting tunnels and swing over dangerous booby traps. Leap across lava pits and dodge burning rocks. Then splash through the chilling waters in an underground cavern. And if you're lucky, you can warp to the secret zone where you spin around in a floating maze! Your greatest challenge lurks in a secret lab where you come face to face with Dr. Robotnik himself!

Spin through space, loop 'til you're dizzy, save the animals and become the super hero. Be Sonic! Be atomic!

I don't recall the game saying anything about WHY eggman was doing this, do you? I already know that your going to compare this game to Sonic 06, but Don't. Think of the game in it's exclusivity when it first released. Why is it that No one had griped about how "Eggman's reasons aren't explained", especially since he isn't recognized as being an "egotist". Please, let me know. (Instead of Dodging the question entirely by saying the same thing... AGAIN). I don't recall the story explaining every teensy tiny detail so why don't you hate this (I presume that you like this, which may be a mistake, If I am incorrect about your findings of the game please let me know so I can apologize accordingly.)

As someone who's been through the hundred pages of this topic, trust me, the feeling's mutual.

Well, that Just makes you a hypocrite, in the sense that since YOU have went through the same things that I'm complaining about, I'm sure YOU of all people would read all of my posts before asking a question that I've already answered. Doesn't make much sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, The game DOES tell you that Mephiles is doing it for Kicks. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwWxqVzxlRV0&ei=sM3-Ut2rAsey2gX6tYCABg&usg=AFQjCNHHSf08d4LBqrMqBpsTXFqt6MrSrg&sig2=QaH9LtDdsy4_bSU2siN_Sg

Unless you have a hearing disablity (if in which case I am very sorry for you and I will pray for your blessings) you can very well here Shadow say the exact words. "YOU ONLY CRAVE DESTRUCTION"

I would have been pissed off if they'd skipped it. I understand skipping Shadow as it wasn't a game played by Sonic, but Generations shouldn't have been "the history of Sonic minus this game and this game just because nobody liked it". It was supposed to cover almost every major game and did. And they made Crisis City so good in my eyes (favourite level of Generations easily) that it was worth it. It was a bleak level in the mostly cartoony Unleashed style and worked perfectly, and I wish that sort of edge was more present in the games in terms of level aesthetics.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Especially since it is a mainstream Title, unlike many side games like Tails Adventures, Sonic Drift, Sonic ASATR and ect.

That is a parody site. It's not real.

One Sonic Team employee who wishes to remain anonymous said, “I already came up with a rival to Silver. His name is Gold the Hedgehog. He is a gold color.”

head-in-hands-sculpture.jpg?w=490

• Thumbs Up 5

HA! That would make sense :lol:

I thought it was a bit too... y'know... strange.

How many times are you going to say that? Just want to be sure, because No matter how many examples I use you just through those words right back at me. It would help if you would further enunciate your point by using examples instead of saying the same thing over and over. It's like the Legend of Zelda. How does repeating Something count as re-explaining it? If an instructor were to do this, many children would be confused in the process of learning the subject. So, could you at least TRY to use something different to describe this? Because I certainly have.

I shouldn't have to explain it in a million different ways for the basic idea to get to you.

How exactly is that dodging the plot? I'm simply filling in the blanks like my example said, while you just leave it blank. 

Precisely, they aren't true, they are educated guesses, estimations; which means that Mephiles plans could be stupid or ingenious, neither side can judge because it isn't explained.

Exactly, and it not being explained is something I, and many others, fine wrong with parts of this story, and Mephilies' character being the prime example.

What in the game Solidifies that the game isn't open ended? It never says DON'T THINK THIS WAY BECAUSE IT'S WRONG. So we have the freedom of making such educated guesses. However it doesn't say the Latter either.

You have every right to interpret and make assumptions about characters and story, but this does not prove a stories quality if these interpretations are needed to fill in glaring plot inconsistencies, nor excuse the writers from failing to properly deliver the narrative to the audience.

BTW, The game DOES tell you that Mephiles is doing it for Kicks. 

Unless you have a hearing disablity (if in which case I am very sorry for you and I will pray for your blessings) you can very well here Shadow say the exact words. "YOU ONLY CRAVE DESTRUCTION"

Wanting destruction can mean a million things, and in my perspective, based on what we've seen Mephilies do throughout the game, (i.e. try to unleash the Iblis Trigger), he simply wants to consume time. If you want to take that and his actions as simply wanting to screw around with everyone..... fine... whatever.

This Argument is and always will be a stalemate because of the fact that it is left blank. You cannot imply nor justifiy that He is stupid and I cannot imply or justify that he is smart. This argument will never end at this rate, so we might as well stop now. We are technically BOTH right. Are we not?

I guess we can finally come to an agreement then.

You can like Sonic 06 for your own reasons, and I may disagree with them, but at least you and I can understand each others arguments. And that's all that truly matters.

Ha. Really? That was unexpected, I guess I can cross that off the list. :P

I literally spat my drink all over my new computer screen.

Show's over, folks. Nothing to see here.

This may be the most insensitive thing I've read coming out of you. I do not respect you for this.

Yep, that was a huge FAIL :lol:

How is it insensitive? I have recognized that there are people with said disability, and I acknowledged that I cared for them with the gesture stated in the parenthesis. I could have just said it without the parenthesis making it all the more insensitive. But I didn't because I know that not having the certain ability in life will be hard to coop with. I'm not the heartless monster you make me out to be. Go ahead, you don't have to respect me, but I never disrespected anyone, now have I?

Do not post single-image replies because that's spam which is against the rules.

Do not post condescending bullshit to one another because that's stirring drama which is also against the rules.

And unless you are a mod and know what we deal with, accusing us of favoritism without compelling evidence is a shit thing to do us and subsequently also against the rules.

Reign it back in.

This entire conversation has long since been a blight on the forum; it doesn't need dumb shit like the above being thrown into the mix to make it worse.

• Thumbs Up 8

Whose next? Bronze?

Nope, Copper XD

Do not post single-image replies because that's spam which is against the rules.

Do not post condescending bullshit to one another because that's stirring drama which is also against the rules.

And unless you are a mod and know what we deal with, accusing us of favoritism without compelling evidence is a shit thing to do us and subsequently also against the rules.

Reign it back in.

This entire conversation has long since been a blight on the forum; it doesn't need dumb shit like the above being thrown into the mix to make it worse.

Gotcha. Imma go give the rules another quick read then.

I shouldn't have to explain it in a million different ways for the basic idea to get to you.

Exactly, and it not being explained is something I, and many others, fine wrong with parts of this story, and Mephilies' character being the prime example.

You have every right to interpret and make assumptions about characters and story, but this does not prove a stories quality if these interpretations are needed to fill in glaring plot inconsistencies, nor excuse the writers from failing to properly deliver the narrative to the audience.

Wanting destruction can mean a million things, and in my perspective, based on what we've seen Mephilies do throughout the game, (i.e. try to unleash the Iblis Trigger), he simply wants to consume time. If you want to take that and his actions as simply wanting to screw around with everyone..... fine... whatever.

I guess we can finally come to an agreement then.

You can like Sonic 06 for your own reasons, and I may disagree with them, but at least you and I can understand each others arguments. And that's all that truly matters.

I didn't say a million different ways, I only asked for one.

But it isn't something that should be shunned, even if it is. I've never had a problem with it. I mean they were in many Sonic games with "serious" plot like Sonic Adventure 2. (Why Half the Moon being blown up isn't canon, How gerald had the time to set up that self destruct thing if he was immediately arrested, and such) Maybe I'm just too leniant with these...

That however doesn't make it immediately inexcusable though. BTW, your mistaken, and inconsitency is something that contradicts something that has been previously established. Since this game is a reboot and stands in it's own universe it literally cannot contradict itself unless the hero or villains motives go against their goal, unless you count silver's case which is a whole different story.

But, he never directly states that. AHA! Now youre implying things. Gotcha! :lol:

See? The only incling of the game telling you such is Shadow and in that direct scene. So in turn I am in some state correct. Does he ever say that he ultimately want to become Solaris? 

Yes, but I still want you to reply to the statements I've made after this statement. I'm curious to see how this point changes your perspective, or rather how your perspective is replicated off of this situation.

No really, I am REALLY curious, so if you don't mind...

How is it insensitive? I have recognized that there are people with said disability, and I acknowledged that I cared for them with the gesture stated in the parenthesis. I could have just said it without the parenthesis making it all the more insensitive. But I didn't because I know that not having the certain ability in life will be hard to coop with. I'm not the heartless monster you make me out to be. Go ahead, you don't have to respect me, but I never disrespected anyone, now have I?

It doesn't matter if you highlighted it in rainbow colors or placed a big fat "I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE" disclaimer just before what you said. It's insensitive because people other than yourself will and have found it insensitive of you to even insinuate others on the board have disabilities.

Gotcha. Imma go give the rules another quick read then.

You don't even have to know the board rules to know that there are some lines you just don't cross.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sort of bordering on backseat moderating there, Gabe.  A moderator has already addressed the person in question.  We don't need your two cents on it.  No offense. :P

It doesn't matter if you highlighted it in rainbow colors or placed a big fat "I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE" disclaimer just before what you said. It's insensitive because people other than yourself will and have found it insensitive of you to even insinuate others on the board have disabilities.

You don't even have to know the board rules to know that there are some lines you just don't cross.

But there are people who have these disabilities, if I ignore it entirely it's even more offensive.

The disablity thing had nothing to do with what the moderator said. He was saying Don't backseat moderate, and don't spam images. Never did he say anything about me being insensitive.

Sort of bordering on backseat moderating there, Gabe.  A moderator has already addressed the person in question.  We don't need your two cents on it.  No offense. tongue.png

Ok, Sorry about that then.

Sort of bordering on backseat moderating there, Gabe.  A moderator has already addressed the person in question.  We don't need your two cents on it.  No offense. tongue.png

Sorry.

That however doesn't make it immediately inexcusable though. BTW, your mistaken, and inconsitency is something that contradicts something that has been previously established. Since this game is a reboot and stands in it's own universe it literally cannot contradict itself unless the hero or villains motives go against their goal, unless you count silver's case which is a whole different story.

...but it's not in it's own universe. Generations has Crisis City as a playable stage (so despite not technically existing, it still references that 06's events happened) and not once is it referred to by the game or any of the characters in it as a location from another universe. No one at Sonic Team is on record for saying the game is in an alternate universe.

But there are people who have these disabilities, if I ignore it entirely it's even more offensive.

The disablity thing had nothing to do with what the moderator said. He was saying Don't backseat moderate, and don't spam images. Never did he say anything about me being insensitive.

Ok, Sorry about that then.

...Akito was referring to me.

Being insensitive by sarcastically presuming people to be deaf (even if followed up with a presumptuous blessing) falls under the "don't post condescending bullshit" line, and in fact was one of the few instances I had in mind when referring to how this argument has progressed. Even if I didn't say it, it is presumed you know not to be insensitive to other people.

Like seriously, everyone. Just don't be a fucking asshole.

And stop talking about my initial declaration. Get back to this cringe-worthy Sonic 06 conversation if you're so inclined to continue.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sorry.

...but it's not in it's own universe. Generations has Crisis City as a playable stage (so despite not technically existing, it still references that 06's events happened) and not once is it referred to by the game or any of the characters in it as a location from another universe. No one at Sonic Team is on record for saying the game is in an alternate universe.

That in turn is Generations' fault, not 06's. I'm here to defend 06, not generations :P

Being insensitive by sarcastically presuming people to be deaf (even if followed up with a presumptuous blessing) falls under the "don't post condescending bullshit" line, and in fact was one of the few instances I had in mind when referring to how this argument has progressed. Even if I didn't say it, it is presumed you know not to be insensitive to other people.

Like seriously, everyone. Just don't be a fucking asshole.

And stop talking about my initial declaration. Get back to this cringe-worthy Sonic 06 conversation if you're so inclined to continue.

:lol: You've got it! It won't happen again.

My first run on this game was not bad, I enjoyed quite a bit of it. From when I first played it the story seemed simple to me until I saw videos and a whole bunch of stuff.

Even multiplayer me and my bros had some fun with it and me and my bro would set rules of overpowered or broken powers some characters use. Mainly sonic and silver.

The game was pretty long, I like long games so it kept me going for awhile.

The loading, the town missions, the hub worlds was all just boring, and usually I like to 100% sonic games but obviously not this one that's for sure.

Even now I wouldn't mind playing this game, but only the fun stuff which I do with every game I have revisited. I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game.

But yes, this game was poorly made I can agree on that.

And I so can hope we get more silver now, he is such a cool hedgehog.

My first run on this game was not bad, I enjoyed quite a bit of it. From when I first played it the story seemed simple to me until I saw videos and a whole bunch of stuff.

Even multiplayer me and my bros had some fun with it and me and my bro would set rules of overpowered or broken powers some characters use. Mainly sonic and silver.

The game was pretty long, I like long games so it kept me going for awhile.

The loading, the town missions, the hub worlds was all just boring, and usually I like to 100% sonic games but obviously not this one that's for sure.

Even now I wouldn't mind playing this game, but only the fun stuff which I do with every game I have revisited. I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game.

But yes, this game was poorly made I can agree on that.

And I so can hope we get more silver now, he is such a cool hedgehog.

I agree with it all, even the "poorly made" quote to some extent. It lacked the proper development time it needed because the team split up to make Sonic and the Secret Rings. It DID need quite a bit of polishing, but I enjoyed it either way.

That in turn is Generations' fault, not 06's. I'm here to defend 06, not generations tongue.png

Actually no. Despite Generations acknowledging 06 as part of the canon, the primary blame still goes to 06 to concocting the infamous blue chaos emerald loop in the first place. It's 06's fault for not being clever enough to at least leave a loophole in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry.

Either way, it would be more rude and condesnscending if I mentioned it and didn't recognize that people have a disablity. It's like saying everyone is welcome to a ballroom, yet the ballroom doesn't have a slope for handicap people. I only said it BECAUSE I'm not condenscending. I HATE unfairity, hence my constant griping about the hypocricy between the games.

Seeming like this is the last thing I want to do. Whether or not it is realized.

Actually no. Despite Generations acknowledging 06 as part of the canon, the primary blame still goes to 06 to concocting the infamous blue chaos emerald loop in the first place. It's 06's fault for not being clever enough to at least leave a loophole in the first place.

Do you know how wrong that sounds? The game was supposed to be in it's OWN UNIVERSE, meaning future games should not have referenced it. Generations did, which pins the blame on that game instead of 06.

It been stated time and time again, 06 was meant to be a reboot. and That wasn't unestablished until AFTER the game was made.

That's like Saying Sonic Boom isn't going to be clever for not leaving a loop hole for the games to make sense.

In the case with Sonic Generations, it seems as though the game is intentionally breaking the fourth wall. If Sonic Boom had been released before this game I'm sure it would be there too.

Either way, it would be more rude and condesnscending if I mentioned it and didn't recognize that people have a disablity. It's like saying everyone is welcome to a ballroom, yet the ballroom doesn't have a slope for handicap people. I only said it BECAUSE I'm not condenscending. I HATE unfairity, hence my constant griping about the hypocricy between the games.

Seeming like this is the last thing I want to do. Whether or not it is realized.

Do you know how wrong that sounds? The game was supposed to be in it's OWN UNIVERSE, meaning future games should not have referenced it. Generations did, which pins the blame on that game instead of 06.

Not gonna cut it. Generations making that sloppy excuse for a story canon does not make it responsible for 06 mucking up time itself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna cut it. Generations making that sloppy excuse for a story canon does not make it responsible for 06 mucking up time itself. 

That's because Generations or no other game should've been related to this. IT IS A REBOOT, it isn't hard to understand.

AKA Sonic Boom's earlier encarnation. In terms of relatedness to other games that is. 

The reason it doesn't make sense when paired with Generations story is because it was never supposed to. What, you expected the writers of 06 to predict the future?

That would make sense seeing as how you have ignored quite a few topics that I've posted as of recent...