Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

So sorry for bumping this topic of many arguments and debates, but mother of all that is good and holy, I HAD to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpkPZwYrsow

Melpontro never ceases to amaze me XD

• Thumbs Up 7

So Elise is a Japanese girl, Eggman is Spanish, Sonic's a pimp and Silver is looking for Shadow.

Yup.

So sorry for bumping this topic of many arguments and debates, but mother of all that is good and holy, I HAD to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpkPZwYrsow

Melpontro never ceases to amaze me XD

I don't get what is so special about it; looks exactly the same as the original opening outside of some mixed-up subtitles.

I don't get what is so special about it; looks exactly the same as the original opening outside of some mixed-up subtitles.

Did you READ the subtitles

"Uguu...so kawaii, desu."

Oh my God, those videos are killing me man! The Spanish is what makes it for me :D I would honestly play 06 again if it had cut scenes like that.

I actually enjoyed this game and managed to beat all of it. (getting all the achievements etc).

If you change the Xbox360 to Japanese, the game changes to Japanese too. I played it that way and enjoyed it more.

Um... Is the hate round going to start again?

I'd love to watch.

I don't see why, because this is just a case of the person saying "I enjoyed the game" not "this game isn't so bad I don't see why you guys hate it" or "if this game wasn't glitchy it would be great".  

That's why I asked it as a question.

I know many here on this thread have the game and don't like it for aforementioned reasons. I was just referring to the fact that most would have said something.

Oh, and while not strictly related, does anyone know the XBOX Gamertag of SonicandShadow2? They have a number of games, but one of those games is Sonic 06, and they have no achievements at all for it.

I aggre. Something that's always annoyed me is that most so-called "Sonic fans" say that "Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever", when I'm pretty sure that half of them haven't even played the game and are just hopping on the "Sonic 06 Hate Bandwagon", as I like to call it, so that they can look cool for hating the game.

My opinion? I'm pretty sure Sonic 06 has it's downs, but that's not to say that it's "The worst Sonic game ever". It's certainly not the best either, but it's still fun, although I haven't played the game as a whole, so I can't really give my full opinions on it.

I aggre. Something that's always annoyed me is that most so-called "Sonic fans" say that "Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever", when I'm pretty sure that half of them haven't even played the game and are just hopping on the "Sonic 06 Hate Bandwagon", as I like to call it, so that they can look cool for hating the game.

Well, I've played and beaten the game, and I honestly consider it the worst game in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

How far have you got anyway? That's what I'm curious about. It depends where you are because some parts are worse than others. Some parts are just bad, while other parts are plain horrendous.

My opinion? I'm pretty sure Sonic 06 has it's downs, but that's not to say that it's "The worst Sonic game ever". It's certainly not the best either, but it's still fun, although I haven't played the game as a whole, so I can't really give my full opinions on it.

I've played through the game to the very last story twice and I still think the game is horrible.

Considering I don't know how far you are, let's just say the story tries to be dramatic and dark and fails terribly at it.

I've brought it on release day. Even brought a 360 to play it. I beaten the game twice. I wouldn't say it's the 'worst' Sonic game I've ever played but it's the most disappointing.

06 has lots of downs. It is the worst, right up there with Shadow the Hedgehog. It's not the best, it's not fun. I consider those people who haven't played it blessed beyond belief.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's one thing I can give to Sonic 2006's credit, it's that the glitches are actually pretty hilarious if played in good company and with the right frame of mind.

I've actually kind of gone through a change of heart towards the game. No, I don't like it at all, and my objectionable criticism towards the game still stands. Thing is, after watching several different LPers (notably BrainScratchComms and Game Grumps) play through the game and deal with the many glitches and overall weird moments in the game to see them react is actually kind of therapeutic. I actually kind of want to buy the game and play it with a few friends to see how many glitches we can find and laugh at.

If you try to play Sonic 2006 seriously, it's terrible. If you play it expecting the glitches and looking for something to laugh at, this is the game for you.

I mean, FFFWAHAHAHAHA

Skip to the Silver fight for this one. 4:40

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm willing to accept the argument that there are Sonic games that certain players will find to be less fun than Sonic 06.

I'm unwilling to accept the claim that there are Sonic games that are of lower overall quality than Sonic 06. No, not even Sonic Genesis, though that's a worthy runner-up. G-Sonic takes the bronze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also if '06 isn't the worst, then what is?

2i78sxv.jpg

And this

I would consider Sonic 2006 to be the worst on the basis of disappointment and getting everything wrong, but even as bad as it is, there are certainly worse Sonic games out there on a technical level.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic Labyrinth is a much, much better game than Sonic '06.

Sonic Labyrinth actually functions. Sonic may move frustratingly slow (which is actually the basic premise of the game) but the game actually works the way it was intended to. It was never designed as a platformer, but rather an isometric maze game along the lines of a Marble Madness. To that end, it's not a bad game at all. You may not like the premise and dismiss the game on that ground, but it doesn't change the fact that the game accomplishes what it set out to.

Sonic '06 has tons of objective flaws. Frame rate drops galore, input lag, clipping through environments, ridiculously long and frequent load times, glitches everywhere... and that doesn't begin to cover what I think was subjectively wrong with that game (story, too many useless playable characters, level design). The only Sonic game that even comes close to it is Sonic Jam for game.com, and that's mostly because the refresh rate on the screen is literally so low that everything that moves is too blurry to see.

I'm also having problems wrapping my head around someone comparing Sonic Blast (G-Sonic) to Sonic '06. Sonic Blast may have been slower than your average Sonic platformer and the physics were a bit jumpy compared to Chaos or Triple Trouble, but the level design isn't bad and again, the game functions. Which is far more than can be said about Sonic '06.

I can say that yes, I haven't really beaten the entire game. I think the most I have completed were Sonic's story, got up to Aquatic Base with Shadow and just a bit of Silver's story. I haven't felt the intense hatred that many of you deservingly should have felt while playing this game. I'd still say it's the most disappointing Sonic game I've played.

On the flip side, I got to play it from my then 11-year old next door neighbor so at least I didn't pay for it. Which would be the only way for me to personally 'experience' just how broken this game really was.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

No Sonic game 'got so much wrong' as 06, but I can easily see comparisons between say, Sonic Genesis, talking int terms of percentage rather than volume.

Edited by Amomynous

Look. Sure. A game can be FUN. But there are games that you cannot deny are technically, just. PLAIN. BAD. And this is one of them.

You can like it. Fine. Like it all you want. But let's face the facts; it is a bad game. An atrocious story that chucks away everything else before it, glitches from top to bottom among several other mistakes. This game deserves to be right up there with games like E.T. and Superman 64 and I am not being harsh there. I could easily say it's as bad as Big Rigs, but at least 06 has programming.

It is a lazy excuse for an anniversary game. And saying "so-called "Sonic fans""? It's GOOD to point out the flaws to something you enjoy. If we didn't, it's incredibly likely that we would've never been making these steps back up to former glory. If we continued eating Sega's shit simply like you are, they'd think 'we can rush, and they'd like it'.

I have played the game. I've beaten it too. And you pointed out in that topic that 'gameplay videos make it look good'. This makes me believe you haven't actually even played it yourself. Gameplay videos of course are gonna make a bad game look alright, because you're not dealing with the shitty glitches and controls yourself.

All in all... Yeah. That's my thoughts. 

• Thumbs Up 2