Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

I understand that. You think this game is the worst game in Sonic history, and I don't. I had n experience with glitches, and you did. I don't know, maybe I'm blessed or something. Anyways, now I want Sonic 06: Complete Edition, with everything fixed up, as 06 was only about 22-23% of what they wanted. I think that a "Complete Edition" that fixed the glitches, character speeds and level layouts, as well as loading times and overworld maps, could easily be in my top 10 Sonic games, top 5 if they tweak the story to make above even decent.

So basically you want a completely different Sonic game to be made?

No really - fix everything wrong with Sonic 06, and it's not 06 anymore - it'd be a completely different Sonic game with different models, different levels, different voices, different characters and a different story.

I challenge anyone to find a recording of somebody playing an entire level of Sonic 06 with no glitches.

Also if you have to play with the camera to be able to perform a basic function like letting go of a wall, then that's a glitch.

Edited by Chrononego

Ah - he got through without pushing the switch! He shouldn't do that!

TRY AGAIN.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, that's Somecallmejohnny's video. He's probably played 06 so many times before for his reviews and let's plays that he knows where to avoid certain glitches.

But the thing is, glitches shouldn't exist in the first place.mellow.png

You can easily complete a stage in '06 without encountering any glitches. Heck, you can play most of the game and not experience any "glitches". What you can't avoid though is terrible, incomplete programming. Everything from sticking to walls and ceiling in loops to uncontrollable characters to not being able to jump off walls to kicking around lost rings to speed boosters hitting you into walls to hideous and frequent loading times... that's just a few things. Not technically glitches, but awful all the same.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

1) Jumping off the swing pole didn't work on the first button press.

2) Triggered an exit with the wrong character.

3) Wall-jump animation doesn't work during mach speed section.

If you say you've played Sonic 06 without ever experiencing a glitch you're ill informed, Sonic's action gauge is always full and it isn't supposed to be.  With the exception of Sonic's Elise carrying levels, Sonic is always glitching.  

If you say you've played Sonic 06 without ever experiencing a glitch you're ill informed, Sonic's action gauge is always full and it isn't supposed to be.  With the exception of Sonic's Elise carrying levels, Sonic is always glitching.  

Is that really a glitch though? It's just something they didn't take out. For whatever reason, all of the gems are set to not drain the power from the gauge. It's almost as if the dev tem just pulled the plug on all production while they were on their lunch break one day. There's no effort at all to polish up the roughest of edges, like an ever-present, unused HUD element.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't see why everyone wants this game to be fixed. Firstly, the game came out 6 years ago. If Sonic Team was going to fix it, wouldn't they have done it by now? Also, You'll have a realistic art direction that doesn't fit Sonic at all, and we'll still be stuck with the terrible story that has plot holes up the ass, accompanied by the worst voice acting in the series. Besides, we'll still have biased critics that will hate the game no matter what, even if gameplay is fixed, simply because of their terrible experience with the original game.

And honestly, can this game really be fixed...? The only way to actually fix this game would be to completely remake the game..... which is pointless....

I read a few days ago that Microsoft lowered the ram that the Xbox 360 development kits had by around 300MB when they settled on the Xbox 360's final specifications. If this is true, then it could possibly be one of the reasons why so many graphical effects from the trailers and gameplay previews are missing in the final build.

Just a theory. Not a strong one, but worth mentioning.

The game somehow manages to find ways to lag even without those extra effects, so I doubt it would have made much difference honestly.

As long as we're talking largely unfounded excuses for shitty game development though, should we consider the possibility that Sonic Team pulled a Colonial Marines and faked their promo material?

The game somehow manages to find ways to lag even without those extra effects, so I doubt it would have made much difference honestly.

As long as we're talking largely unfounded excuses for shitty game development though, should we consider the possibility that Sonic Team pulled a Colonial Marines and faked their promo material?

The promo material was mostly CG cutscenes from the game IIRC, there was that target video but I don't think they gave much focus to that.  

We had lots of real footage as it was, both trailers and off screen. Its was practically impossible to see how flawed the game was this stage. But then shortly before release a clean video of Wave Ocean came out and people started going on about how floaty Sonic's movements were. That was about it though. It wasn't until the game actually came out that we had an inkling about just how bad it was.

Some stuff kept being pegged in trailers front start to end that was nowhere to be seen on the final, like the wall jump animations. And the trailers were made up mostly of half second snippets or other parts that showed of practically no gameplay ever when it was all gameplay footage.

SEGA did a pretty good job of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

Edited by Blue Blood

Best mod ever?

IBILIS! IBILIS!

This just makes me think; is the weird lighting how Mephiles sees the world?!

Oh yeah and how do you type with boxing gloves on? how does he run without feet?! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAT HATH SCIENCE DONE

NO MORTAL WAS MEANT TO GAZE THINE EYES UPON YONDER TERROR

Ah man, I never got the chance to play that and see eggman in that horrible, horrible state, I mean I heard they had tried to make him look human, but really, him looking cartoony helps his pressence, this is just...... bizarre

Ah man, I never got the chance to play that and see eggman in that horrible, horrible state, I mean I heard they had tried to make him look human, but really, him looking cartoony helps his pressence, this is just...... bizarre

Ah yes, on to the "Realistic Eggman" topic.... I swear he looks like Bernie...

Even if Sonic 06 was fixed doesn't mean it would suddenly be a great game. Its flaws were not just in the glitches and load times y'know.

*sees Eggman without glasses* AHHHHHH! I never want to see that again! NEVAR~! DX

Has this been posted yet? It's...amazing. Just amazing. XD

Here's another one. It's a clusterfuck!

Edited by Gabz Girl

Hmmm still seem like it might be worth playing through it for the sake of playing it, but still have to find a copy.... and a  360/PS3

Hmmm still seem like it might be worth playing through it for the sake of playing it, but still have to find a copy.... and a  360/PS3

For God's sake man, DON'T DO IT....