Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

It felt like they were trying to mimic the aesthetic of the GUN robots from Sonic Adventure 2 despite Eggman always having silly animal-themed robots in the past.

Anyone else miss the enemy design from this game? Don't get me wrong I love my classic Badniks, but the more realistic robots were pretty sweet in my opinion.

Nah... they looked pretty shit...

They were just bland, generic, GUN-like enemies with a slight but of diversity, but no soul or personality to them...

Edited by AfroWarrior

I for one love the game, I found it to be the best quality game for what it was bought for. I remember it like yesterday, I got Sonic 06, and Sonic Unleashed both for a dollar total. XD

The poor people that had to sit through all those loading screens.

Ew. Keep that class warfare crap outta my shitty game discussion, Obama. I DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU!

Edited by Tornado

Ew. Keep that class warfare crap outta my shitty game discussion, Obama. I DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU!

This incident has been reported by The White House Board Of Administration™. Your reference number is #7657865687. 

• Thumbs Up 5

The poor people that had to sit through all those loading screens.

Hey, those loading screens gave enough time for a breather and relax 

Hey, those loading screens gave enough time for a breather and relax 

If I wanted to take a breather from playing a game, I'd push the pause button.

Loading screens have no reason to take that long.

• Thumbs Up 5

Imagine if the loading screens worked like Okami PS2? Where you get a demon fang for making the paw prints bigger by pressing a button. Easy infinite lives for Sonic!

Unlike a lot of people who I have seen talking 'trash' about this game, I for one am happy to say that I don't agree with any of it because I LOVE IT!

No, i'm not high, I don't do drugs, there's nothing wrong with thinking differently, but I LOVE SONIC 06!!!
I have no problems whatsoever with the loading times. Understandably it is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game and it runs on basically a computer.

I love the levels, the towns, the adventure fields, to me I just don't know why they should have slapped SA3 )whoops!) on the title, because it offered everything that another Adventure game wanted.

And guess what.....the main characters are all of the hedgehogs! That's another reason why I love it and I really like  the new tag mode gameplay. I never knew that it existed. 

Love the cutscenes.

The music.

Did I already mention the adventure fields?
I have NOT encountered any glitches AT ALL.

The controls in this game aren't bad

Don't know what the heck everyone's talking about with all that 'horrid control' nonsense. I love zipping through the levels at full speed!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Also, I got it quite recently and i'm very happy to have it in my collection! :)

OK, you are either a troll, or just ignorant.

First off, if you are saying you have never encountered any glitches, you are talking out of your ass. You'll always experience at least one when playing.

Zipping through the levels at full speed? You mean walking very slowly through them? Hell, freaking OMEGA moves faster than Sonic.

"Awful control nonsense"? OK, play SA2. Then play 06. You'll see there is a noticable difference between Sonic's control between the two.

There is still no excuse for the load times to be long and frequent. The Silver fight, for example, loads ALL of Soleanna instead of JUST the area where you fight him. When doing Town Missions, the first loading screen is for a text box. 20 SECONDS TO LOAD A FUCKING TEXT BOX.

The adventure fields are TOO BIG, and have no landmarks. It isn't fun to go around, and it's easy to get lost.

You should watch this to see EVERYTHING wrong with this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yV06AM1Z2g

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

OK, you are either a troll, or just ignorant.

Don't feed him, brah. That's straight up trolling he's doing.

So, I'm now hearing a new BS rumor made up by sonic 06 defenders saying this was supposed to be a 16th anniversary game >_>

What will they think up next?

First off, if you are saying you have never encountered any glitches, you are talking out of your ass. You'll always experience at least one when playing.

Um, no. I've never experienced a glitch, even when attempting. However, I still think Sonic 06 is #3 on my worst sonic games. Right behind #2 Sonic labyrinth, and #1 Secret Rings. *shivers* 

Um, no. I've never experienced a glitch, even when attempting.

So when playing as Knuckles or Rouge and you were climbing a wall, you never struggled trying to jump off the wall? Because it pretty much always takes multiple presses of the jump button to get unstuck.

Even if you don't encounter these glitches yourself, I think the fact that other people have kind of speaks for itself.

So when playing as Knuckles or Rouge and you were climbing a wall, you never struggled trying to jump off the wall? Because it pretty much always takes multiple presses of the jump button to get unstuck.

No cause if you move the camera sideways you have no problem! I learned this from a Youtube video before playing the game.

Even if you don't encounter these glitches yourself, I think the fact that other people have kind of speaks for itself.

Yeah, I guess, but I still enjoyed It! It wasn't 100% fun, more like 70-80%, but hey, 70 is still a passing grade. The 2 games I hate worse, #2,is 65-66% enjoyable, while #1 is 50-60%, which is not excepted for any game. 

Edited by miketastic5

No cause if you move the camera sideways you have no problem! I learned this from a Youtube video before playing the game.

Yeah, except that never worked for me at all.

Yeah, except that never worked for me at all.

Really? Maybe you were doing it wrong, as it always worked when I tried it. I played 06 yesterday and the trick worked fine. By the way, the final boss is fantastic IMO, besides Super Silver, nothing different about him except being golden and stronger, like Super Saiyans! (I actually really like DBZ)

I have no problems whatsoever with the loading times. Understandably it is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game and it runs on basically a computer.

I wanted to respond to this point in particular. Sonic 06 is a huge game, yes. Yes, it does run on a CPU. However, this is no excuse for the loading times Sonic 06 has. For example, if you take a look at Sonic Unleashed or Sonic Generations, both games that I believe are larger than Sonic 06, both games that do run on a CPU, both handle the loading times better than Sonic 06 does. Sonic 06's loading times aren't necessarily the fault of the system it plays on, but more due to the poor optimization of the game. Furthermore, the duration of the loading screens is not even the complete problem, it's the frequency of them. Do I really have to go through a single line of dialogue only to be greeted with yet another loading screen? Poor design is the other part of the problem of Sonic 06's loading screens.

Despite the point itself being brought up countless times, I'd also like to say that glitches again, are not the only problem Sonic 06 has, and even without them, it still leaves a poor game.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 4

Really? Maybe you were doing it wrong, as it always worked when I tried it. 

Or maybe glitches dude. Regardless of how you go about solving it, the fact of the matter is that I shouldn't have to do anything more than a simple button press to get off of a wall that I'm clinging onto.

• Thumbs Up 2

Or maybe glitches dude. Regardless of how you go about solving it, the fact of the matter is that I shouldn't have to do anything more than a simple button press to get off of a wall that I'm clinging onto.

I understand that. You think this game is the worst game in Sonic history, and I don't. I had n experience with glitches, and you did. I don't know, maybe I'm blessed or something. Anyways, now I want Sonic 06: Complete Edition, with everything fixed up, as 06 was only about 22-23% of what they wanted. I think that a "Complete Edition" that fixed the glitches, character speeds and level layouts, as well as loading times and overworld maps, could easily be in my top 10 Sonic games, top 5 if they tweak the story to make above even decent.

Edited by miketastic5

I understand that. You think this game is the worst game in Sonic history, and I don't. I had n experience with glitches, and you did. I don't know, maybe I'm blessed or something. Anyways, now I want Sonic 06: Complete Edition, with everything fixed up, as 06 was only about 22-23% of what they wanted. I think that a "Complete Edition" that fixed the glitches, character speeds and level layouts, as well as loading times and overworld maps, could easily be in my top 10 Sonic games, top 5 if they tweak the story to make above even decent.
Certainly not. It's been 6 years since sonic 06 was released, and I think Sonic team wants to forget about the game and move on. The game put a bad taste in everyone's mouth, so why bother fixing it? Sonic 06 seems to have several more problems in gameplay, even without glitches.
  • Thumbs Up 5

I challenge anyone to find a recording of somebody playing an entire level of Sonic 06 with no glitches.

Also if you have to play with the camera to be able to perform a basic function like letting go of a wall, then that's a glitch.

• Thumbs Up 3