Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

S

That doesn't matter though, the game, in fact, even eggman says that Eggman Nega is his alternate dimension self, meaning he lived in the Sol Dimension, and then later, he's from the Future, to acknowledge Blaze's Future existence in Sonic 06.

Eggman Nega being in the future doesn't condone Blaze appearing one single bit. Besides, you were on the "this was meant to be re-boot" train, last I saw. Change your mind on that too?

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, if we remove '06 from the equation, it's rather simple to put together (I think anyway):

• In the future, Eggman's a joke. By extension, Nega's a joke. He and Silver are enemies(?).
  • Somehow he knows of the Sol Dimension, and for whatever reason (gaining street cred?) he goes through time and space to conquer it.
  • He and Blaze meet at least once, he meets Eggman and pretends to be his counterpart.
  • Rush/Adventure happens.
  • Returning to the future, Nega goes for the "Didn't-Think-This-Through Award" and tries to eliminate Eggman and the world in the past, paradoxes be damned, while Silver goes to stop him.
  • Rivals/2 happens, Nega is exiled to the Ifrit Dimension, only ever allowed to come out for spinoffs, thus endeth the Saga of the Stupid Recolour.

More unanswered questions. sleep.png

Anyway, doesn't the ifrit "DIMENSION" seem a bit familiar to you? 

The Ifrit Dimension could very well be Iblis' dimension from Sonic 06.

Or rather, what if Blaze absorbed Iblis and turned into a monster BECAUSE her soul was already alit with flames? And could the remaining monster be the Ifrit in the Ifrit Dimension? Why did silver COME FROM the Ifrit Dimension?

(I know that Blaze being Ifrit tale is a load, but it's an interesting speculation)

Eggman Nega being in the future doesn't condone Blaze appearing one single bit. Besides, you were on the "this was meant to be re-boot" train, last I saw. Change your mind on that too?

No, not necessarily.

Just broadening my perception of the game's story.

Seeing as how no one actually addressed that, I decided to look into the other statements.

Considering how you never responded to that in the slightest, you must think so too, or your just ignoring it for some special reason...

Actually, if we remove '06 from the equation, it's rather simple to put together (I think anyway):

• In the future, Eggman's a joke. By extension, Nega's a joke. He and Silver are enemies(?).
  • Somehow he knows of the Sol Dimension, and for whatever reason (gaining street cred?) he goes through time and space to conquer it.
  • He and Blaze meet at least once, he meets Eggman and pretends to be his counterpart.
  • Rush/Adventure happens.
  • Returning to the future, Nega goes for the "Didn't-Think-This-Through Award" and tries to eliminate Eggman and the world in the past, paradoxes be damned, while Silver goes to stop him.
  • Rivals/2 happens, Nega is exiled to the Ifrit Dimension, only ever allowed to come out for spinoffs, thus endeth the Saga of the Stupid Recolour.

tumblr_loadg3TLJQ1qhdexto1_400.gif

You're brilliant! With 06 out of the picture, thus would be cleared up the mucking that godforsaken story did and clear the way for Rivals and Rush to intertwine!

To be honest I hope Eggman Nega comes back. I really like him. hes.... different and that voice haha.

Silver wasn't trying to Stop Mephiles, that was Shadow's job. All Silver was concerned about was Iblis, as Far as Silver knew, Mephiles was a harmless trickster.

Iblis was sealed into another dimension in the future, Mephiles was in the present.

From an individual standpoint, it does make sense. Silver's end goal was to save his future, he succeeded twice. Once, by sealing Iblis, and twice, by eliminating Solaris with Shadow and Sonic. 

So in short, no, not entirely pointless.

I don't think you addressed the issue well there.

Silver was only trying to stop Iblis. That's fine but I think what Indigo Rush was suggesting is what does have to do with what was going on in the present.

To answer that question, it's this:

Silver trying to a find a way to defeat Iblis permanently but is unable to.(due to Iblis being immortal, beating him in a fight which just did, doesn't fix the problem).  Silver, with Mephy's help, goes to the past and, after some time, finds out must seal Iblis. 

This ends up becoming necessary due Silver being prevented from killing Iblis (while hes was vulnerable) by the Duke of Soleanna (oops!) and  Sonic failing to save Elise (because Silver's time is still ruined when he {Silver} returned).  Silver is unable to seal Iblis for some so Blaze does it because she has a "soul lit with flame" (which doesn't make sense btw).  And the future is saved or at least free from Iblis' terror.

More unanswered questions. sleep.png

Anyway, doesn't the ifrit "DIMENSION" seem a bit familiar to you? 

The Ifrit Dimension could very well be Iblis' dimension from Sonic 06.

Or rather, what if Blaze absorbed Iblis and turned into a monster BECAUSE her soul was already alit with flames? And could the remaining monster be the Ifrit in the Ifrit Dimension? Why did silver COME FROM the Ifrit Dimension?

(I know that Blaze being Ifrit tale is a load, but it's an interesting speculation)

It would be if Takashi Iizuka didn't dismiss Sonic 06 from canon in 2012.

No, not necessarily.

Just broadening my perception of the game's story.

So you changed your stance like Microsoft did with the Xbone. K.

I don't think you addressed the issue well there.

Silver was only trying to stop Iblis. That's fine but I think what Indigo Rush was suggesting is what does have to do with what was going on in the present.

To answer that question, it's this:

Silver trying to a find a way to defeat Iblis permanently but is unable to.(due to Iblis being immortal, beating him in a fight which just did, doesn't fix the problem).  Silver, with Mephy's help, goes to the past and, after some time, finds out must seal Iblis. 

This ends up becoming necessary due Silver being prevented from killing Iblis (while hes was vulnerable) by the Duke of Soleanna (oops!) and  Sonic failing to save Elise (because Silver's time is still ruined when he {Silver} returned).  Silver is unable to seal Iblis for some so Blaze does it because she has a "soul lit with flame" (which doesn't make sense btw).  And the future is saved or at least free from Iblis' terror.

It would be if Takashi Iizuka didn't dismiss Sonic 06 from canon in 2012.

I didn't have much to do with the present. The only reason it has anything to do with the present is because Mephiles sent him back to change the past (even though that's impossible since the game uses the multiverse theory and any existing timelines cannot be altered, only creating new universes, which don't affect, any of the timelines, until Solaris screws everything up and when Elise and Sonic erase those universes).

Actually, Silver still couldn't kill Iblis, because he was still immortal. The Duke of Soleanna "interrupting" Silver's fruitless attempts at trying to kill it ended up teaching him the very lesson he needed in order to save his future.

As for Takashi Lizuka disregarding 06, In that interview didn't he only say that Blaze wasn't canonical to that story, instead of the entirety of the game? I mean, Crisis City is still in Generations.

So you changed your stance like Microsoft did with the Xbone. K.

Again no. Since no one is discussing this, I'm discussing what everyone else is discussing instead.

And I thought Nepenthe told the both of us about being So snobbish...

Silver wasn't trying to Stop Mephiles, that was Shadow's job. All Silver was concerned about was Iblis, as Far as Silver knew, Mephiles was a harmless trickster.

Iblis was sealed into another dimension in the future, Mephiles was in the present.

From an individual standpoint, it does make sense. Silver's end goal was to save his future, he succeeded twice. Once, by sealing Iblis, and twice, by eliminating Solaris with Shadow and Sonic. 

This was Silver's story, not blaze's, so the focus is shifted from her. This isn't about Blaze's hardships, but Silver's therefore it focuses more on the sacrifices Silver has made, and what he has done instead of blaze.

So in short, no, not entirely pointless.

If Blaze is suppose to be apart of Silver's story, obviously she should have important role. She's suppose to be Silver's companion in this story, the person that would stop him from doing anything stupid because of insecurities or whatever and steer him in the right direction...since she doesn't ever actually attempt to do any of that, that makes her a pointless addition to the story and she could've been replaced with any character that they could've made up for this game alone.

Blaze being in the game is visual "Pure FanService" since she doesn't have a single thing in terms of an interesting personality traits in this game that would be a fine substitute for her previous traits...the only thing that makes this character Blaze is the actual appearance and ability to control fire, since none of her game-play sections rely on the character actually being "Blaze"...they could easily just remove them or replace Blaze with someone else(Story Wise and Game-play wise)

Adding Blaze here did nothing but put the character in the "Rock Bottom" game as soon as she was found to be popular.

If Blaze is suppose to be apart of Silver's story, obviously she should have important role. She's suppose to be Silver's companion in this story, the person that would stop him from doing anything stupid because of insecurities or whatever and steer him in the right direction...since she doesn't ever actually attempt to do any of that, that makes her a pointless addition to the story and she could've been replaced with any character that they could've made up for this game alone.

Blaze being in the game is visual "Pure FanService" since she doesn't have a single thing in terms of an interesting personality traits in this game that would be a fine substitute for her previous traits...the only thing that makes this character Blaze is the actual appearance and ability to control fire, since none of her game-play sections rely on the character actually being "Blaze"...they could easily just remove them or replace Blaze with someone else(Story Wise and Game-play wise)

Adding Blaze here did nothing but put the character in the "Rock Bottom" game as soon as she was found to be popular.

I think that was a good way to answer my question, but, this particular reason is what leads me to this question:

Why is it that when there are new Sonic Characters it leads to more hate of the upcoming title due to the cast being so huge, yet when characters are rebooted it still causes an uproar? That truly puzzles me...

On a more... silly note, after playing the game again, I found this:

symnw0.png

Make of it what you will.... why spare magazines???

I didn't have much to do with the present. The only reason it has anything to do with the present is because Mephiles sent him back to change the past (even though that's impossible since the game uses the multiverse theory and any existing timelines cannot be altered, only creating new universes, which don't affect, any of the timelines, until Solaris screws everything up and when Elise and Sonic erase those universes).

Actually, Silver still couldn't kill Iblis, because he was still immortal. The Duke of Soleanna "interrupting" Silver's fruitless attempts at trying to kill it ended up teaching him the very lesson he needed in order to save his future.

As for Takashi Lizuka disregarding 06, In that interview didn't he only say that Blaze wasn't canonical to that story, instead of the entirety of the game? I mean, Crisis City is still in Generations.

Again no. Since no one is discussing this, I'm discussing what everyone else is discussing instead.

And I thought Nepenthe told the both of us about being So snobbish...

I know.  It's incredibly disappointing that Silver couldn't prevent his time from being wrecked.  Iblis was finally gone but Silver's world is still decimated (probably with little of the world's population surviving) and he just lost his best friend.  Kinda sad sad.png

I think Blaze origin in 06 being discarded means the entire game as well.  As for Crisis City being in Generations, I suppose it's possible the Time Eater is able to retrieve events from erased timelines/dimensions.  But that's only headcanon, as there was no actual in-game explanation.

I think that was a good way to answer my question, but, this particular reason is what leads me to this question:

Why is it that when there are new Sonic Characters it leads to more hate of the upcoming title due to the cast being so huge, yet when characters are rebooted it still causes an uproar? That truly puzzles me...

Oh that?  That was a only a major thing in the mid-00s.  It's not much of an issue now and mostly hatred towards the games had more to do with the inadequacies of the games themselves than any new character that was introduced in them.

As for the reboot thing.  Well I think people had an issue with Blaze's backstory being changed in less than a year since her debut game.  Especially since fans considered her Rush background to be much more interesting.  There's also Shadow being a part of GUN. Shadow may have been put the past behind him in his game, but people (understandably) have a hard time grasping that Shadow would willing to join them after the events of SA2 and ShTH. Me? I couldn't care less since 06 was thrown away from canon so harm done smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On a more... silly note, after playing the game again, I found this:

symnw0.png

Make of it what you will.... why spare magazines???

Omega has over 200 years to wait until he comes to Shadow's aid. Even a renegade robot like him has his needs.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's WHEN not where. He obviously didn't send them to anywhere specifically, just to the future.

And yet the writers specifically state here that yes, Mephiles can very well control time travel.

God what an idiot.

Even the unstableness is unstable.

That really says it all.

It seems that the unstable-ness of such is a result of the earlier build's instability and lack of structure in the build that SEGA used for the final product.

Omega has over 200 years to wait until he comes to Shadow's aid. Even a renegade robot like him has his needs.

I don't think they are those kinds of magazines.

But this scene has always been to what I believe to be the biggest plot hole in Sonic '06 (that I can think of at this time, anyways ^^"). During Omega's 200 year pause until he comes to Shadow's aid, what happens to the rest of the world? Does it become Crisis City? Does Sonic finally lose and all hope is lost? It's just so confusing.

I don't think they are those kinds of magazines.

But this scene has always been to what I believe to be the biggest plot hole in Sonic '06 (that I can think of at this time, anyways ^^"). During Omega's 200 year pause until he comes to Shadow's aid, what happens to the rest of the world? Does it become Crisis City? Does Sonic finally lose and all hope is lost? It's just so confusing.

^^ This...plus how does Omega get from a Jungle to Crisis City? like seriously, he powers down in the Jungle and wakes up in Crisis City

I think the idea for that is that Omega goes to sleep, then is found by humans to take down Shadow, then rests again for some reason and finally awakens.

Of course, they neglected that whole "external access no longer permitted" thing...

And yet the writers specifically state here that yes, Mephiles can very well control time travel.

God what an idiot.

Yes... Time Travel... not Teleportation...

--------

Anyway, I've done some digging in the wake of my absence, and I've found that in Shadow the Hedgehog there are (presumably?) unused clips where the president, the general, and cream, wish Shadow good luck on his "Training".

Could this be the Training leading up to him being a Gun agent?

I'll provide a link to some audio samples once I upload them.

They were used DBZHedgy. They are used at the start of missions in Hard Mode. I find the Chaotix one amusing. The Commander says he's thinking of having Shadow over. If he means to GUN or simply to dinner is anyone's guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

It doesn't matter. The Hard mode is not part of the plot. If it wasn't used in the actual story mode it didn't happen. Therefore Shadow being in GUN is still random and nonsensical.

They were used DBZHedgy. They are used at the start of missions in Hard Mode. I find the Chaotix one amusing. The Commander says he's thinking of having Shadow over. If he means to GUN or simply to dinner is anyone's guess.

I'm pretty sure the Commander meant dinner since I don't know why he'd ask Shadow over to the GUN base (or maybe he's having there tongue.png )

Who knows?

Also, I'm pretty sure Shadow's "Training" in his game and him being a GUN agent in 06 is most likely completely unrelated.  Around the time these games came out, Sonic Team wasn't exactly competent when it came to continuity, so I don't trust the idea of ShtH and 06 being connected at all. 

It's best to leave 06 within its own continuity.

I'm noticing more and more how many similarities there are between Soleanna and the Sol dimension (oh look, there's the first one!).

-Iblis is Sol version of Chaos

-Blaze and Elise are both part of a royal family and both have the essence of fire in them somehow

-it would explain why Blaze could seal iblis

-Blaze is 300% less fragile than Elise therefore making her less likely to cry

-having Iblis inside her would explain the fire powers

-having Iblis inside her would explain the fire powers

But she had fire powers before she even had Iblis inside her.

There were 2 different Blazes and that's that.