Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Wasn't the game already stated to being a reboot?

Yes and no. Note, for example, that this game makes drastic changes to Eggman's character, but also expects the player to accept Shadow's game as canon and makes open reference to it. If it really is a reboot, it's the most horribly indecisive one I can remember in video game history.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel I must share this wondrous bounty of humor!

In particular it showcases quite a few bugs as well, aside from the usual Game Grumps play.

And yes, there's the pinwheel death, and the "Death On Motorcycle" tribulation as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah yes, that one incredibly bullshit invisible wall in Shadow's Crisis City. 

That glitch alone pissed me off many times, and is much worse than any glitches Lost World may have, trying to get the S Rank, I got it but it wasn't really rewarding at the end.

But does it have the Barrel of Doom's retarded cousin?

But is that any better than any of her other appearances? 

No, it's not better. It's far worse. I'm sure others around here have regaled you as to why, but Sonic 06 as a whole is an insult to her and just about everyone else in it. 

Let's not forget this moment(That you just mentioned):

tumblr_lxurl5WxOl1qj00eyo1_400.gif

This is actually one of the reasons why Blazes' involvement was pointless.

What exactly happened here? She got sent to another dimension, right? 

Isn't that what Silver's job was? Thing is, Silver never did that. The entire point of that scene was to show that Silver didn't have it in him to banish his own friend, and that cost him.

He ultimately failed to send Blaze to another dimension. So... what happened to her, then? Did she die? Was Iblis too much for her after all? Well that can't be, because the game implies that the world got better after she disappears. So did it happen by itself anyway? What was the point of that tension, then? 

And even if Silver managed to send Iblis and Blaze into another realm, Mephiles still managed to get his hands on Iblis anyway, because he just pulled some time travel bull and had Sonic killed at the last minute. Wasn't Iblis sealed into another dimension? I guess not. But if Iblis wasn't sealed, then why did the Earth look like it got better? That means that no matter what Silver and Blaze do, it would never have mattered, and the story never tells you this.

...so what I'm getting from this is that Silver and Blaze's efforts didn't matter...

• Thumbs Up 6

It also just makes me further facepalm at the fact that instead of trying to seal Iblis within himself to save his future, Silver could've instead try to convince Sonic to back in time with him to rescue Elise from the Egg Carrier's crash. Cause that would've ensured a better chance at saving his world. 

Silver, just because Sonic says he can handle it shouldn't mean anything since this guy has let Elise get captured time and time again (some occasions you yourself stood in his way) and clearly didn't get much help from his own friends. He's treated as the incompetent moron compared to you and Shadow in this game, so maybe you'll increase his chances of succeeding at doing anything.

It's by far her most complicated appearance, comrade, and it's one that either creates numerous plot holes or else expects the player to know far more than the game tells you. The crux of it is that Blaze, in this game, doesn't recognize Sonic in the least despite, y'know, Sonic Rush, and that she calls the far future her home instead of an alternate dimension. Now, either this is a horrible oversight by SEGA (and it would be a tremendous one to not get one thing right), or the then-current Sonic Team entirely rebooted her character, backstory, and personality without making any effort to communicate that this was the case to the player. It's rather a Catch-22: Either Sonic Team didn't know what they were doing and this was horrendously disgraceful to their own canon, or if they meant to reboot it they admit to a tremendous blunder of writing and a disrespectful handling of a DIMPS-created character.

I can understand the complicated part, but I can't generally see how it could cause numerous plot holes.

They practically patched it up with Eggman Nega being in Sonic Rivals and Rivals 2. Since Blaze knows Nega well, and (I might be wrong about this, but) she seemed to know him quite well in Sonic Rush. 

Just Speculation though, I'll follow up on this when I gather more information.

And if this is a rebooted character, then how could that cause complications or plot holes?

Not necessarily to agree with DioGenes, but for arguments sake, if she was rebooted and knew nothing about Sonic, why would that in particular cause people to be in an uproar about it?

The bolded is the action of one Blaze; the 06 Future Blaze.

Everything else are the ventures of the ONE, other Blaze; the Sol Dimension Blaze.

There are only two Blazes in this roster of events.

------------------------

Nope. It was planned at first to be a reboot. But it never came to be such.

I wasn't necessarily focused on her Stature as a physical being, but her appearance in the game in general.

------------

So how exactly can you blame the game for doing such things with the characters if it was meant to be a reboot on release?

Yes and no. Note, for example, that this game makes drastic changes to Eggman's character, but also expects the player to accept Shadow's game as canon and makes open reference to it. If it really is a reboot, it's the most horribly indecisive one I can remember in video game history.

Drastic changes like how? 

Eggman is the same as he was before. He constantly used cheap shots as a method of getting his way. He acted immaturely when things didn't go as planned, and ect.

Also, The game doesn't specifically allude to Shadow's Past, but the game does have an unused voice clip of Silver Saying "Shadow, I'll look out for your past." This isn't used in-game however so technically it isn't canon to the story.

Then again, since Shadow does represent the past in the Final Boss it alludes heavily to it, but it doesn't specifically mentions it.

No, it's not better. It's far worse. I'm sure others around here have regaled you as to why, but Sonic 06 as a whole is an insult to her and just about everyone else in it. 

I was referring to her other appearances, in comparison to this one.

This is actually one of the reasons why Blazes' involvement was pointless.

What exactly happened here? She got sent to another dimension, right? 

Isn't that what Silver's job was? Thing is, Silver never did that. The entire point of that scene was to show that Silver didn't have it in him to banish his own friend, and that cost him.

He ultimately failed to send Blaze to another dimension. So... what happened to her, then? Did she die? Was Iblis too much for her after all? Well that can't be, because the game implies that the world got better after she disappears. So did it happen by itself anyway? What was the point of that tension, then? 

And even if Silver managed to send Iblis and Blaze into another realm, Mephiles still managed to get his hands on Iblis anyway, because he just pulled some time travel bull and had Sonic killed at the last minute. Wasn't Iblis sealed into another dimension? I guess not. But if Iblis wasn't sealed, then why did the Earth look like it got better? That means that no matter what Silver and Blaze do, it would never have mattered, and the story never tells you this.

...so what I'm getting from this is that Silver and Blaze's efforts didn't matter...

She's a side character in this game, not to mention this is her most involved story as a side character to top that off.

Yes, I do believe she warped herself into another dimension.

No, Silver's job was to seal iblis or at least stop him; Blaze wanted to be warped to another dimension on her own accord. I mean, Elise didn't get warped into another dimension when Iblis was sealed inside her.

She went into another dimension. Yes, she absorbed iblis and the world became better.

Not necessarily sure of the tension, but I believe it was meant to give Silver a stronger head, to keep him from being Naive. A life lesson if you will.

If she was sent to another dimension (which I refuse to believe, BTW) then why doesn't she show up in the Last Story when all of time and space is being fucked up by Solaris?

The fact that she didn't convinces me she must be dead from being unable to seal Iblis properly. Plus, Izuka did say straight up that 06' is not Blaze's backstory and her origin is indeed from Rush.

If she was sent to another dimension (which I refuse to believe, BTW) then why doesn't she show up in the Last Story when all of time and space is being fucked up by Solaris?

The fact that she didn't convinces me she must be dead from being unable to seal Iblis properly. Plus, Izuka did say straight up that 06' is not Blaze's backstory and her origin is indeed from Rush.

I always like to imagine that there's more than one blaze in the multiverse. One from Sol zone and one from silvers future just to prevent myself from getting a headache

Or we could go for what Sonic Team's going for: ignore Blaze's backstory as it was in '06, and leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 6

I always like to imagine that there's more than one blaze in the multiverse. One from Sol zone and one from silvers future just to prevent myself from getting a headache

But the whole Blaze being an alternate universe Sonic doesn't go well with that thought.

They practically patched it up with Eggman Nega being in Sonic Rivals and Rivals 2. Since Blaze knows Nega well, and (I might be wrong about this, but) she seemed to know him quite well in Sonic Rush.

I replayed Rush a while back, and from what I can recall, I was surprised to find that Blaze didn't seem to recognise Nega or have any idea who he was, either.

But the whole Blaze being an alternate universe Sonic doesn't go well with that thought.

Is Blaze actually an alternate version of Sonic, though?  I mean, she controls similar and her shoes are similar enough, but she has completely different powers and attitude.  Eggman Nega being the alternate version of Eggman shows that an alternate version of him would be just a blatant recolor for the most part.  I don't subscribe to the thought that Blaze is an alternate version of Sonic as much as just a different individual in her own universe.

That means Sonic '06's Blaze could have some canon aspects... that is, if you ignore the fact that she's the exact same Blaze.  Eggman Nega was a slightly different Eggman, so it would only make sense that if there were two Blazes, one would be at least notably different than the other.  So, I'm just going to agree that it's best to just pretend that Blaze's involvement in '06 was just a result of the alcohol and continue to view Rush and Rush Adventure as her only canon appearances. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman Nega being the alternate version of Eggman shows that an alternate version of him would be just a blatant recolor for the most part.

Except... he's not?

He's his descendant, Word of Iizuka says so. And even though I despise his design no matter what, I'm more willing to accept that it's a result of Eggy's great grandson knowingly styling himself after his ancestor than a rather lazy and coincidental (so to speak) "lel aleternat universe nega suffixx and palate swap is my fancharacter kool yet".

Except... he's not?

He's his descendant, Word of Iizuka says so. And even though I despise his design no matter what, I'm more willing to accept that it's a result of Eggy's great grandson knowingly styling himself after his ancestor than a rather lazy and coincidental (so to speak) "lel aleternat universe nega suffixx and palate swap is my fancharacter kool yet".

I must have missed that part when playing Sonic Rush.  I'll have to rewatch the cutscenes again, then. XP

So wait - are you approaching this with the 2005 mindset of "Blaze only appeared in Rush" or what.

Is Blaze actually an alternate version of Sonic, though?  I mean, she controls similar and her shoes are similar enough, but she has completely different powers and attitude.  Eggman Nega being the alternate version of Eggman shows that an alternate version of him would be just a blatant recolor for the most part.  I don't subscribe to the thought that Blaze is an alternate version of Sonic as much as just a different individual in her own universe.

That means Sonic '06's Blaze could have some canon aspects... that is, if you ignore the fact that she's the exact same Blaze.  Eggman Nega was a slightly different Eggman, so it would only make sense that if there were two Blazes, one would be at least notably different than the other.  So, I'm just going to agree that it's best to just pretend that Rush's involvement in '06 was just a result of the alcohol and continue to view Rush and Rush Adventure as her only canon appearances. XP

Blaze serves the purpose of being the Sonic of the Sol dimension, she saves the day from whatever the threat is and protects the Sol Emeralds(Sonic is the character who technically has the most experience with them and has the most time actually protecting from the threat even if he fails at doing that.)

I must have missed that part when playing Sonic Rush.  I'll have to rewatch the cutscenes again, then. XP

Eggman Nega masqueraded as Eggman's alter-ego in Rush and Rush Adventure, but then it was revealed in Rivals and Rivals 2 that he was lying through his teeth and was actually Eggman's descendant.

Though the chronological order of these games are Rush, Rivals, Rush Adventure and Rivals 2, but the time line I proposed would make the most sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait - are you approaching this with the 2005 mindset of "Blaze only appeared in Rush" or what.

I'm approaching it under the mindset that Blaze's role in '06 was so bafflingly pointless that we need not even contemplate its existence.  That and since we have official confirmation about it, we might as well take advantage of it.

Blaze serves the purpose of being the Sonic of the Sol dimension, she saves the day from whatever the threat is and protects the Sol Emeralds(Sonic is the character who technically has the most experience with them and has the most time actually protecting from the threat even if he fails at doing that.)

Oh, well, fair enough.  I don't think that necessarily contradicts what you were debating but fine.  I was mistaken. =P

Eggman Nega masqueraded as Eggman's alter-ego in Rush and Rush Adventure, but then it was revealed in Rivals and Rivals 2 that he was lying through his teeth and was actually Eggman's descendant.

That must be how I missed it, as I haven't played the Rivals games.

Yeah, Eggman Nega's backstory is a mess. The entire Blaze, Silver and Nega chronicles are just awful to try and piece together, and Sonic 2006 only makes it more confusing. :/

Actually, if we remove '06 from the equation, it's rather simple to put together (I think anyway):

• In the future, Eggman's a joke. By extension, Nega's a joke. He and Silver are enemies(?).
  • Somehow he knows of the Sol Dimension, and for whatever reason (gaining street cred?) he goes through time and space to conquer it.
  • He and Blaze meet at least once, he meets Eggman and pretends to be his counterpart.
  • Rush/Adventure happens.
  • Returning to the future, Nega goes for the "Didn't-Think-This-Through Award" and tries to eliminate Eggman and the world in the past, paradoxes be damned, while Silver goes to stop him.
  • Rivals/2 happens, Nega is exiled to the Ifrit Dimension, only ever allowed to come out for spinoffs, thus endeth the Saga of the Stupid Recolour.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Actually, if we remove '06 from the equation, it's rather simple to put together (I think anyway):

• In the future, Eggman's a joke. By extension, Nega's a joke. He and Silver are enemies(?).
  • Somehow he knows of the Sol Dimension, and for whatever reason (gaining street cred?) he goes through time and space to conquer it.
  • He and Blaze meet at least once, he meets Eggman and pretends to be his counterpart.
  • Rush/Adventure happens.
  • Returning to the future, Nega goes for the "Didn't-Think-This-Through Award" and tries to eliminate Eggman and the world in the past, paradoxes be damned, while Silver goes to stop him.
  • Rivals/2 happens, Nega is exiled to the Ifrit Dimension, only ever allowed to come out for spinoffs, thus endeth the Saga of the Stupid Recolour.

That's pretty much the long and short of it..

The only reason why Blaze was in Sonic 06 was for fanservice. All she did throughout the entire game was stand around and act uber bland. Where the hell was her attitude from Sonic Rush? Didn't help either that Bella Hudson put no emotion into Blaze's voice at all. She sounded so uninterested when she "died" at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha. We don't have to analysis this game's story. Because All of this game story isn't happen. Besides, Sega doesn't consider Sonic series story now. Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Yes, obviously. We all remember when they killed off any characters that appeared before Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver wasn't trying to Stop Mephiles, that was Shadow's job. All Silver was concerned about was Iblis, as Far as Silver knew, Mephiles was a harmless trickster.

Iblis was sealed into another dimension in the future, Mephiles was in the present.

From an individual standpoint, it does make sense. Silver's end goal was to save his future, he succeeded twice. Once, by sealing Iblis, and twice, by eliminating Solaris with Shadow and Sonic. 

This was Silver's story, not blaze's, so the focus is shifted from her. This isn't about Blaze's hardships, but Silver's therefore it focuses more on the sacrifices Silver has made, and what he has done instead of blaze.

So in short, no, not entirely pointless.