Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I suppose that makes sense. I'm just surprised they don't try to hide it a bit better...

Then again, this is Hardlight we're talking about, who seem to have inherited their parent company's genius with regards to game design.

In the early days of Dash, you have a higher chance of unlocking Tails in the daily challenge day 5. Quite a number of users unlocked him that way (I was one of them).

Don't know if they rigged the characters now.

They definitely rigged this game though, for jackpots in daily spin I only win boosters and head starts and NEVER rings.

I was one time SO close to getting 25000 rings on the spin, and while the dial was ACTUALLY pointing on the 25000 rings, the selection was still on the prize before it, so instead won 2 golden badniks.

Same for daily challenge day 5, NEVER rings.

I don't need rings now but at the time when I most needed them I just couldn't get any from these methods.

• Thumbs Up 2

At this point I wish they'd introduce a few more levels of power ups. Up to level 10 or so. I have god knows how many rings that need spending, and since you tend to get them as an award a lot, I'd actually like to get rid of them.

Really, I'm not too surprised at those odds of the spins and other prizes. Those odds sound about how normal slot machines are after all. The odds are not in your favor to come out favorable in the situation unless you just get extremely lucky. I've never won the massive ring jackpot either. I won a character in the spin challenge before, but that's it. Only other jackpots I've won are for like ten of a particular score power up. I've never won a ring jackpot.

Sure it's possible, but as it is essentially an emulation of gambling I wouldn't expect to win the jackpot prize every time.

I won Knuckles in the daily spin, and the top prize in rings on my very first go! So sure it's plausible to win the jackpot, but I win powerups most of the time.

I just joined these forums because i wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a reason the sonic stadium didnt post news about the last global challenge? I almost missed it.

I just joined these forums because i wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a reason the sonic stadium didnt post news about the last global challenge? I almost missed it.

Because the staff don't write about every little mundane thing like this? The challenges go on for about two weeks at a time. That's plenty of time for you to boot up the game and see it, or just get a notification from the game on your device.

If you want updates along with discussion on Sonic Dash in TSS, it's here in this thread. If you want news elsewhere, there's Facebook (Sonic's page) or SEGA Blogs.

Yeah, it's not really news worthy for the most part, especially when you'll learn about it just by opening the game.

If it was something super secret, a news article would make sense but... that would just mean Hardlight was incredibly stupid.

The characters play the same. They move the same, they feel the same. It's nothing special. And if you ask me, I'm fed up of the skins. I just want the Jump update, Jump is a much more fun game then this.

I think they concluded that since Dash is fully 3D it must be more worth their time. Even SEGA can get caught up in the graphics emphasis insanity that has consumed the industry, I suppose!

Jump always made me a little nauseated, personally. But that's me.

IMO I think Sonic Dash is more addictive and fun than Jump. Sonic Jump is a bit boring for me to tell you the truth.

While Jump has more content, including an actual campaign and varyng characters instead of arcade mode and skins only, I do much prefer playing Dash too. And being F2P it's more approachable for others too. Hardlight are focusing on it because it makes more money.

hardlight are focusing more on dash because it's designed to encourage you to spend more money, I feel kinda bad for doing it myself in fact.

Ran out of things to do on this game so I've quit this and simpsons tapped out until further notice, at least I can say I never buyed 'dohnuts'.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what LINE is, but this looks to be a specific version for the LINE service. And according to the Japanese description Eggman has stolen the Master Emerald. Looks like this game does have plot after all. Also there seems to be mention of Chao. I don't understand the details but Chao seem to be implemented in this version in one way or another.

Hmm interesting. Hey, the Master Emerald is involved with the plot of a Sonic game again so there's that~ jkdon'thurtme

Even though I don't have the game, it would be nice to see these exclusive features carry over to the version over here.

It is about bloody time they threw in a different boss besides Zazz.

Now if they could throw in a few others I think we'd be golden. "Gon' beatchu lahk a druuuum!" makes my ears hurt.

I just unlocked Shadow. :B Now I have all the characters. Shadow's skating movement looks nice and smooth, but to me it makes it look like he's going quite slowly and as such it makes me feel like the game is going slower, even though it isn't! biggrin.png I kinda wish the music would change to Radical Highway when playing as Shadow! Also I love his Dash move....

CHAOS CONTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

Anyways... what's all this about Eggman? Are we getting a new boss, perchance?! I'd love to kick Eggman's ass in Dash!

I kinda wish the music would change to Radical Highway when playing as Shadow! Also I love his Dash move....

Just mute the music and play radical highway on your music player (dunno if you can do this for android). I do it all the time with rooftop run :D