Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I don't like how the game shows ads, I bought the game so it kind of pisses me off.

That is strange, they don't show up on my iPad (where I bought it), but do show up on my iPhone (where I downloaded it for free). They might need to look into that.

Speaking of a mine cart, they could easily make a divided 3-way rail grinding section.

I'm kind of amazed they haven't, given how it pretty much lends itself to an easy reskin.

I bet they'll consider it as part of a new "world" type though. One in the sky maybe?

If you want to play as Silver so bad, there's a very easy glitch you can do by selecting an unlocked character but quickly swipe in the direction of the character you want to play as in that same frame, I was even just playing as Silver yesterday despite not finishing the global challenge.

I support this glitch being crushed with extreme prejudice by a patch. It's tantamount to piracy in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only ad I received recently on both my iPhone and iPad was the Sonic Transformed game.

So I reached about 3million+ on my highscore now, I would brag about this if again, like I said earleir, I hadn't put money into this game which sped up the whole process countless times over. It's amazing how fast you can be pretty much done with a game once you remove the grinding BS.

Starting to lose interest... probably delete soon >3>

I don't like how the game shows ads, I bought the game so it kind of pisses me off.

I agree with this. I bought the the game when it first came out, then it got made free, and I was given lije some ring or whatever, to sorta compensate me or whatever. But now I get friggin' adverts between runs constantly and its irritating me a lot.

Then the game offers you priced ring bundles to prevent ads? So it wants me to pay twice (considering I paid for the app on initital releasE) just to play the game without ads?

I still maintain it's a bug that people who paid for the game are getting ads. All I get is a daily reminder to buy ASRT (which shows up on launch, and is just an image) and at the end of every run I get the option for a free revive and/or free rings for watching videos.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I get the same thing as Blue Blood. The game seems to be giving false negatives with regards to who did and didn't buy the game, and so people who bought it are still getting advertisements. The ASRT thing is self-explanatory, and the only ads I watch are the ones I agree to view in exchange for a revive. Helps me get buckets of extra points that way. tongue.png

I wouldn't mind the little Sonic Transformed pop up picture.

But I literally get forced to watch parts of videos about irrelevant games...

...such as Papa Pear Saga and others!

And it's not only occasionally, it's regular as clockwork between runs...like going from the global menu back to the main menu.

And it's not only occasionally, it's regular as clockwork between runs...like going from the global menu back to the main menu.

Yeah, that's only supposed to happen if you have the free version and haven't bought anything from them yet.

I think, anyway. I paid the original 2 dollars, but have also given a little bit of money for red star rings... so not sure if buying the first version of the game actually had an impact on advertisements.

Well, I paid for the game at release and haven't paid a penny for anything in-app but don't get the ads. Makes of that what you will.

I agree with this. I bought the the game when it first came out, then it got made free, and I was given lije some ring or whatever, to sorta compensate me or whatever. But now I get friggin' adverts between runs constantly and its irritating me a lot. Then the game offers you priced ring bundles to prevent ads? So it wants me to pay twice (considering I paid for the app on initital releasE) just to play the game without ads?
As I said earlier, the only ad I have recently is the Transformed game. If you have bought it before it came free, make sure your iCloud account is enabled (if not, enable it then open Dash, play one short game then quit) uninstall the app and redownload it from the App Store. Your game progress will be stored in the iCloud, so don't worry about losing your progress.

So, I mentioned this in a status update earlier today, but I'm currently in a dilemma with this game.

One of the missions I'm currently on requires that I "use 2 Super Headstarts." However, those cost Red Star Rings in order to buy and I don't have enough to even buy two of them because I recently used all of mine to purchase Shadow. The problem is that my main method of collecting Red Star Rings has been, well, completing missions, so it's a bit of a catch-22 situation.

The only other methods of collecting Red Star Rings that I can think of are through one of the Daily Challenge prizes or the rare Red Star Rings that appear during play, but I naturally don't want to have to spend days waiting for things like that.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is that literally the only option besides actually spending real money on the game? If the latter is true, then that's... kind of stupid.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it's stupid. You can't expect them to hand over free Red Star Rings immediately to you. You spent *all* your rings on Shadow. That's a bit more stupid if you are actually wanting to finish the missions much faster. Either you pay up or wait & grind. On the iOS version at least, on your first or second run of the day you'll find a Red ring during the first section of the run. If on your first run you didn't see a ring on the first section, die and start again. This shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes. Find one today, then find one tomorrow and the next day and you'll have enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it's stupid. You can't expect them to hand over free Red Star Rings immediately to you. You spent *all* your rings on Shadow. That's a bit more stupid if you are actually wanting to finish the missions much faster. Either you pay up or wait & grind. On the iOS version at least, on your first or second run of the day you'll find a Red ring during the first section of the run. If on your first run you didn't see a ring on the first section, die and start again. This shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes. Find one today, then find one tomorrow and the next day and you'll have enough.

I spent them all on Shadow before that mission appeared. Before that point, I didn't think there'd be anything else I'd need to spend them on, considering I didn't (and still don't) want to skip any missions or buy any extra powerups.

Perhaps it's not as bad if you really tally it up, but I also just got done with a five-day grind for the "complete the Daily Challenge 5 days in a row" mission, so seeing something like this right afterward just made me groan. Waiting days and days just to find a reason to play this game gets exhausting after a while. But, I guess that's a sign that I should just find more productive ways to spend my time.

You get Super Head Starts a lot from the Daily Challenge. I have like 80 stocked up from when I used to play a lot several months back.

I spent them all on Shadow before that mission appeared. Before that point, I didn't think there'd be anything else I'd need to spend them on, considering I didn't (and still don't) want to skip any missions.Perhaps it's not as bad if you really tally it up, but I also just got done with a five-day grind for the "complete the Daily Challenge 5 days in a row" mission, so seeing something like this right afterward just made me groan. Waiting days and days just to find a reason to play this game gets exhausting after a while. I guess that's a sign that I should just find more productive ways to spend my time.
The missions will most likely in future will continue to use x headstarts, super headstarts, and revives in future. I finished all the missions, so I know there are still more surprises like that.I guess you realized what you did was a mistake, but you can't revert what you did now unless you backed up your device before you purchased Shadow.

Andddd that's why Sega Hardlight added these terrible IAPs in to this game. Don't wanna wait? Buy buy buy! What makes Dash boring is that each run is barely different with a random dull annoying Zazz now and again. So there is going to be some slight pain doing this.

But as I said on the previous post, that is the fastest way to earn the rings and it only uses 3 minutes of your day.

You can't spare 3 minutes? =o

You get Super Head Starts a lot from the Daily Challenge. I have like 80 stocked up from when I used to play a lot several months back.

Me too but they changed it now.

The missions will most likely in future will continue to use x headstarts, super headstarts, and revives in future. I finished all the missions, so I know there are still more surprises like that.I guess you realized what you did was a mistake, but you can't revert what you did now unless you backed up your device before you purchased Shadow.

Andddd that's why Sega Hardlight added these terrible IAPs in to this game. Don't wanna wait? Buy buy buy! What makes Dash boring is that each run is barely different with a random dull annoying Zazz now and again. So there is going to be some slight pain doing this.

But as I said on the previous post, that is the fastest way to earn the rings and it only uses 3 minutes of your day.

You can't spare 3 minutes? =o

Yeah, I didn't know there'd be missions like that, but I definitely realize it now. :P I still like playing as Shadow anyway, so I have no regrets or desire to revert my decision in that regard.

For me it's not really that I can't spare three minutes, but rather knowing that three minutes is all that I'll want to spend with the game for these next few days. For the past couple of weeks, Sonic Dash was a pretty good way for me to kill time before classes through working toward completing missions, earning Rings and Red Star Rings, and unlocking characters. Currently, though, all I can really do each day is complete the Daily Challenge and find the Red Star Ring, which doesn't take long at all and lessens my motivation.

So that's pretty much why I was upset. As you said, Dash doesn't have a great deal of variation (especially with Zazz boss, ugh), so I want to feel like I have a good amount of stuff to do when killing time with this game, y'know? I hope they'll still add new areas and bosses in the future.

In fairness, I can understand your frustration, but I think you're expecting a bit much from a free-to-play app game that's designed primarily to coax money out of players via in-app purchases/ microstransactions. 

Amen to that. The moment money is forked over, full griping rights are granted.

But yeah, headstarts come out like candy. No surprise there, given they're completely useless to anyone but beginners.

I've had ENOUGH of everytime I get to day 6 of the daily challenge, no matter how many times i try, i ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS get the "?" and its ALWAYS a score booster. No rings, no red rings, no Knuckles, always the bloody score booster.

It sucks! and it needs an update to fix!!!

I had to go through that deal with the super head starts as well, but I just stuck with it and eventually bought the things. It was annoying yes, but I stuck with it and eventually bought the things. I never use normal headstarts in the game though. I'm not even sure how many I have anymore really. There is just no real reason to use a headstart at the beginning of your run, since the first area is one of your best areas for collecting things usually and those things make you speed past them without getting the bonus'. I still wish I could log high scores though like I used to do. That takes some of the fun away for me, someone that has done all the missions and gotten all the characters at this point.

I've had ENOUGH of everytime I get to day 6 of the daily challenge, no matter how many times i try, i ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS get the "?" and its ALWAYS a score booster. No rings, no red rings, no Knuckles, always the bloody score booster.

It sucks! and it needs an update to fix!!!

Despite the illusion of each item having an equal chance, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Hardlight's rigged it so the really good prize doesn't come your way barring extremely good luck.

Some folks were patient enough to grind for the other characters... I forked over rings.

Despite the illusion of each item having an equal chance, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Hardlight's rigged it so the really good prize doesn't come your way barring extremely good luck.

Some folks were patient enough to grind for the other characters... I forked over rings.

I got lucky and managed to get Knuckles from the Daily Challenge, after collecting enough Red Rings in games to buy Amy and Tails. Everyone else has been a global challenge unlock.

About the daily spin/daily challenge odds... Android users should take a look at the save file for the game. Despite looking equal, the odds are normally along the lines of '14% chance of winning ordinary prizes, 2% chance of winning jackpot', and of course the more valuable the jackpot the less likely you are to win.

Wow Hardlight. Great job at hiding the fact your games really are rigged.

I mean, we could tell that it was that way, but at least try and have deniability on the matter!

All the prizes are available through other methods, and not that it matters in this case but the game is F2P. Being rigged isn't exactly anything to complain about. Yeah it's totally annoying, but Dash is little more than a glorified minigame at the end of the day. I'd be more miffed if a 'full' game worked like this in terms of unlocking content. Dash is blatantly trying to nickel and dime me every step of the way, so I find it hard to care all that much.

• Thumbs Up 1