Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Just mute the music and play radical highway on your music player (dunno if you can do this for android). I do it all the time with rooftop run biggrin.png

Bostin' idea! Cheers! biggrin.png

Also, yeah Music Player doesn't need to open all the time to play music, at least on my tablet anyway. I used to play Bejeweled to the ATS soundtrack, for example! :D But sometimes I have found a game app can override it. IIRC The Simpsons Tapped Out does. :s

So is this a new update?

Nope, it's a new alternate version of the game. I played a bit of it via Bluestacks and it's very similar to the cash cow Facebook games. You only get a certain amount of tries per day, you can buy chao and have them beside you (not sure what they do yet though) and the gameplay is slightly different. Sonic now speeds up every time he jumps on a spring and the dash is renamed to fever and activates automatically when it's filled. It's an alright version and I can see it being fun if you have friends on the LINE service. However I still much prefer the original version. Oh and I forgot to mention you can now "level up" characters with rings. You can make them faster and get bonus rings and such. It's quite quirky. 

Edit: I forgot to mention there are spheres scattered throughout the level. Not sure what they do yet but you get 20 points per sphere. 

Edit 2: Might as well post some screencaps showing some alterations. Spoiler'd for size.

LUqD6pD.png

doQyzpF.png

kBrJjjm.png

Q62Fgx5.png

ih1zyzv.png

xIAw1Q8.png

Edited by SwiftWinds
  • Thumbs Up 2

Chaos? …Did someone say chaos? OMGDCHAOSRBACK!

But on a more serious note, this looks interesting. Could this be hinting at Chaos becoming a thing again? Probably not, but I can dream!

But, how many times can you play this a day? 

What a minute, Chaos are back? The master emerald is back? Spheres are in the game? (which first appeared in Sonic 3) What could this mean?! SONIC ADVENTURE 3 CONFIRM- *Shot*

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaos? …Did someone say chaos? OMGDCHAOSRBACK!

But on a more serious note, this looks interesting. Could this be hinting at Chaos becoming a thing again? Probably not, but I can dream!

But, how many times can you play this a day? 

What a minute, Chaos are back? The master emerald is back? Spheres are in the game? (which first appeared in Sonic 3) What could this mean?! SONIC ADVENTURE 3 CONFIRM- *Shot*

Ah yeah you have a limit at 5 but you earn an extra try every 13 minutes or so. Revives don't exist in this version for better or worse. I haven't found out how Chao work but you can have 2 at a time. 1 being the leader floating beside you and the other as a "sub". And I just now discovered you can collect? Chao... Yeah not sure what this is all about.

Nppy4vk.png

Edit: I can't believe I left out an important detail. Characters can be purchased with regular rings in this version. Tails being the cheapest at 6000 and Shadow the most expensive at 60000.

Edited by SwiftWinds
  • Thumbs Up 3

So is this new version available to google play and android yet?

So is this new version available to google play and android yet?

Yup! That's the version I'm playing. Woun posted it last page but here's the link for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.naver.SJLGSDS

Is this an Android or an IOS game? How are you playing this on Blue Stacks? Do you have an APK? 

APK is here. (It was also posted by Woun last page btw) https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=iGlOTX3H2BQvwnHIOiRjdb4JbrxfB9hIH5XdKeYbcsI%3D

Game is also available on iOS for those Apple users out there. However you need to be in the Japan store. It hasn't appeared in other stores as of now.

Edited by SwiftWinds

Weird, It says its incompatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Weird, It says its incompatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

That is indeed weird. I can play it fine on Bluestacks which uses the ID of a Galaxy S3. Huh I don't know how to help you there buddy but I guess it's because the game is just out now and they haven't added compatibility to all devices? But then it still is strange. I guess you could try downloading the APK and extracting it in your Android device using APK Extractor.

Ok, using the APK, I got Sonic Dash S to work on my Kindle Fire HD and… what's a LINE account? How do I make one? 

LINE is a free messaging and calling service similar to Skype in a way, but for phones. Because Sonic Dash S uses the LINE service you'll need an account. Just download the LINE app and sign up. However, I don't think it's on the Amazon Appstore for Kindles. I'll try and find you an APK.

Edit: Found an APK. Here you go. http://www.sendspace.com/file/33ph1g

Edit 2: Note that in order to sign up to LINE you'll need to provide your cell phone number. However Sonic Dash S will not use that information. It only uses your LINE account for leaderboards if you want to compete with friends. 

Edited by SwiftWinds

So uh.. is this free?

Also, is this an update or a separate release? I hope it's an update.

So uh.. is this free?

Also, is this an update or a separate release? I hope it's an update.

Yup! Completely free just like the regular Sonic Dash but keep in mind you need to have a LINE account to play.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's a separate app.

Edited by SwiftWinds

Hmmm, I will try to play this on Bluestacks, thankyou for the information and links. The little extras and the existence of some semblance to a plot intrigues me! :D The mini-plot of Jump was rather neat. :B

Hmm, wonder what the S stands for?! :D

Thanks for the help SwiftWinds, now I have Sonic Dash S! 

And it's really cool, now I have a new reason to play on my Kindle! 

I must get all the Chaos. Plus, on the "Chao Roulette" you can receive: Normal, Rare, and…

Brace Yourselves… S-RARE CHAO!

Here's another thing I noticed, Sonic has a slightly different Model than regular Dash. Also, this game seems to be Online-Only, so, yeah.

Hmmm, I will try to play this on Bluestacks, thankyou for the information and links. The little extras and the existence of some semblance to a plot intrigues me! biggrin.png The mini-plot of Jump was rather neat. :B

Hmm, wonder what the S stands for?! biggrin.png

Actually now that you mentioned Eggman, I never ran into him while playing the S version. Maybe I didn't get far enough? In any case, if anyone who plays the S version runs into an Eggman boss, let us know! I'm curious to see what they've done. 

Here's another thing I noticed, Sonic has a slightly different Model than regular Dash. Also, this game seems to be Online-Only, so, yeah.

Hmm hmm it appears his spines now sorta flap as if there's actually wind.

Edit: A little late on this but it appears Silver and Blaze aren't in this version as of yet. It's only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow. 

Edited by SwiftWinds

Hmm hmm it appears his spines now sorta flap as if there's actually wind.

That must be why I noticed a difference.  

Also, this will sound Super-Nerdy but, anyone want to add me as a friend on LINE, I mean, it's 1,000 free rings!

Also, this will sound Super-Nerdy but, anyone want to add me as a friend on LINE, I mean, it's 1,000 free rings!

Sure, why not! I assume you add using the LINE user ID? I'm not sure how to do this, I'm new to LINE as well but my name there is the same as here except all lowercase, so swiftwinds. 

Ok, I'll see if I can figure this out, my LINE name is exactly the same as here: "PatMac".

EDIT: Ok, SwiftWinds, you are apparently now my LINE friend!

Ok, I'll see if I can figure this out, my LINE name is exactly the same as here: "PatMac".

EDIT: Ok, SwiftWinds, you are apparently now my LINE friend!

Same here. I don't know how, but it happened so... yay!

I have a LINE account for over a year as I have friends from Asia who uses WeChat and LINE...

I was excited so I rushed to my phone, only to find out it's not available in the US App Store... Urgh. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, why not! I assume you add using the LINE user ID? I'm not sure how to do this, I'm new to LINE as well but my name there is the same as here except all lowercase, so swiftwinds. 

Just added you. username is basically kimplix