Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

And I'm not getting into this, either.

Be in denial if you want to. Lauren and TPTB wrote the characters to have the same purpose. Not my fault if the fans decided to flock to one character and turn them into a woobie and not the other. (I mean, I kinda like Gilda. You can tell she does care about dash.)

Maybe I'm just a bitter and twisted young man. Or maybe I just hate that particular trope because they did the same freaking thing to Godot from Ace Attorney. And no, I'm not being totally serious and I mean no offence to anyone with my opinion. But I do believe it's something worth debating.

This reminds me of Harry Potter where people obess over Draco, he is bratty Aryan looking douchebag. But people like him you know?

Hence why the appropriate trope is named Draco in Leather Pants. And why I hoped that'd lead to someone drawing Gilda in leather pants. Because that would be funny, though I'm not quite sure why. (It's 10pm, my brains starting to tire.)

Edited by Dark Lord Storma-Gerk-on

And, just as I expected, you respond like you have a cactus shoved up your ass. I'm washing my hands of this discussion.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

People hate Gilda because she reduced Fluttershy to tears, that much is obvious. People like Trixie because...I don't even know, aside from her fashion choice I don't see the big appeal either (especially since she turned out to be a big phony in the end), but that's just me.

I don't hate Trixie or anything I'm just not a fan of her. No offense to her fans though

Edited by Gartocer

Guys, I think you taking this too seriously, its a show about candy coloured Ponies!happy.png

biggrin.png

Edited by BW199148

I'm not really spoiling for a fight. I just don't understand the appeal of Trixie. She is a jerk, like Gilda. And you don't see people writing about Gilda strutting her stuff wearing leather pants.

I will answer this.

I like Trixie for the same reason I like Dr. Eggman; She's hilarious.

Does Trixie have redeeming qualities beneath her arrogant and deceitful exterior? That remains to be seen, but even if she doesn't, I absolutely love watching her, and couldn't get enough of her hammy scenery-chewing goodness. I'd love for her to return and absolutely steal the show for another episode.

I felt Gilda, by contrast, just wasn't a fun character like Trixie was. She had all the mean, but none of the pizzazz. And that, I think, is why Trixie gets so much more love (And in my opinion, rightfully so).

@Tornado: No offence, but I edited my posts because I realised that I was coming off as jerkish instead of being playfully jerkish. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I offended you.

Hopefully we can all calm down and have a cup of tea or something because I'd really hate to think that I caused someone to get upset over ponies. sad.png Especially when it's a series about friendship and... welll... maybe I wasn't being friendshippy enough. Sorry.

I don't get some Fan-Fiction and I don't just mean MLP: FiM Fan-Fiction, some of its alright but some of it really is agh!

I know. There's this fic called "Allegrezza" that's a real heap of shit.

Also, I love Trixie. She is ever such a fun character to write about.

I know. There's this fic called "Allegrezza" that's a real heap of shit.

Also, I love Trixie. She is ever such a fun character to write about.

Personally, I leave the writing to people who make the show. I would rather write my own song than take someone elses and butcher it into something it wasn't meant to be. wink.png

I would rather write my own song than take someone elses and butcher it into something it wasn't meant to be.

It is entertaining to see you constantly grandstand about how everyone is taking this shit too seriously, then you post something as unbelievably callous as that.

I'm gonna have to take a break from this thread for a while, because, god damn. Shit's ridiculous.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

It is entertaining to see you constantly grandstand about how everyone is taking this shit too seriously, then you post something as unbelievably callous as that.

I'm gonna have to take a break from this thread for a while, because, god damn. Shit's ridiculous.

Tornado, jeez man you're taking this show way too seriously and being way too defensive about it!

Some people like some characters more than others, does it really matter we all enjoy this show, whever we consider ourselves Bronies or not!wink.png

Through the episode with Gilda (that hippogryph thing, right?) I started to dislike her a lot. She was absolutely horrible to Fluttershy, simply for the heck of it, and kept a behaviour which she assumed was cool. In the end of the episode, she was pretty much blinded, and everything let to her breaking off the friendship with Rainbow Dash. Not saying I actually hate the character, but her actions were quite mean.

Twixie (that magical pony, amirite?) I feel is far from as bad, and I must admit I do sorta like her. It started off a little similar. She was showing off, but more or less only to those wanting to challenge her, then humiliate them. However I feel she is different. I feel she wouldn't go as far as to make someone cry, and at the end of the episode, she even admitted to having lied about her abilities. I just somehow prefer her a lot more, perhaps it's because I don't really like all that "cool" attitude as much.

Both characters could probably return? Mayhaps we see better sides of these and they start coming more over to da light side. Who knows, but it could be awesome.

Let's try to calm down a little, by the way. No need for harsh feelings, and I am sure nobody means to upset anyone. =)

• Thumbs Up 2

Tornado, jeez man you're taking this show way too seriously and being way too defensive about it!

I'm getting pretty sick of this attitude you keep pulling, to be honest. "Everyone is taking this too seriously but me, but I'll turn right around and constantly hand out damning judgements towards everyone else anyways."

Whether you intend it or not, it is almost sickeningly elitist.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

I'm getting pretty sick of this attitude you keep pulling, to be honest. "Everyone is taking this too seriously but me, but I'll turn right around and constantly hand out damning judgements towards everyone anyways."

What? You know forget it, Tornado, come back in a few days and do something else.dry.png

Let us talk about a different subject.

I really love the remixes people do of the songs from MLP:FIM, but the dance music doesn't do much for me. But what I definitely do like is 8Bit Brony! (AKA: RainbowCrash88).

My personal favourite? Their take on the CMC theme. It shows that if they'd gotten the roles right, it would've sounded really really good. Take a listen and tell me whatcha think.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have said that. Especially as I only said it as a joke in an attempt to be noticed. I know you're not deluded Tornado.

I would like to know why you like Trixie. Maybe it's just me that isn't getting it.

I told my parents that I like the show just a while ago, it was randomly brought up in a conversation...they thought I was joking and didn't believe me :/ I don't know what to make of that.

That's why I haven't told them. My mom saw it when I liked the page on facebook, thought my account had been hacked, and I went along with it AJ-style saying that somepony person had hacked it, and unliked the page. My brother wasn't exactly buying it so I think he knows, but whatever. Now if someone could just send me a plushie I would be good. Preferably either Rarity or Pinkie Pie. If it makes you feel better, I'll consider it an early Christmas gift and will send you a Thank-you note. :)

Is it over?

Because I seriously did not see a petty dispute blow up (again!) in our Ponies thread, did I? Guys, chill. All of you. Let's have tea. And cupcakes.

CUPCAKES.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it over?

Because I seriously did not see a petty dispute blow up (again!) in our Ponies thread, did I? Guys, chill. All of you. Let's have tea. And cupcakes.

CUPCAKES.

1314214045944.png

Wait. Hold on.

tumblr_lhgqomUNqw1qeukm9o1_500.jpg

I know your plan.

gildawhat.png

wait what are you guys even talking about

gilda is best pony

all statements otherwise are lame and dweebish, you bunch of flip-flops.

SO. Hallowe-err, "Nightmare Night" episode in a few weeks starring Luna. You all stoked? I'm probably not as stoked as everybody else seeing as I didn't really see Luna's character as being all that interesting in that handful of seconds we saw of her post-Night Mare Moon in the pilot, but given her importance to the backstory of the series I'm happy to see this character being fleshed out further here! I can't wait to see what direction they go with her, and how much fanon is going to be positively blown to pieces when this episode airs.

I don't know how to react to Octavia's post. So instead, I'll go completely on topic.

Why on earth did someone make a fanfic about Rarity going insane and creating a golem to romance?... Was Tom the Boulder really that special? I just... I can't believe someone would run with that idea. It's almost as canon-breaking and silly as Twixie. sad.png

What story is that? Sounds a lot like Prince Charming.