Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

As a matter of fact my dear, I am Vinyl Scratch, the only DJ available in Equestria as of now. You're just jelly

Are... are you pony-RPing/avataring?

Oh no, I should have stepped in and made an intervention before the symptoms escalated, why didn't I realize this sooner? I'm so sorry you guys

New name change. Now, to carry Tom everywhere, hog gemstones like there's no tomorrow, and avoid and icky mud or dirt.

Anyway, anyone remembers that Epic Cupcakes vid?

I don't know what's more amazing. The fact that it's Epic Meal Time + MLP, or the fact that the voice work is amazingly close to the actual VAs.

I do love that Epic Cupcakes Time, almost as much as Epic Meal time itself.

<loop>Bacon strips &</loop>

I don't know what's more amazing. The fact that it's Epic Meal Time + MLP, or the fact that the voice work is amazingly close to the actual VAs.

I love both. <3 Also, they'll be perfect to fill in for the original VA's if something happens to them (like a sore throat.)

I have officially become addicted to shipping writing...

Fuck. Did not see this coming last October.

You've been a fan since October? dang. When did everybody else become a fan or hear of the show? just out of curiosity.

You've been a fan since October? dang. When did everybody else become a fan or hear of the show? just out of curiosity.

Oh no, just I meant a year ago, I would not have even imagined it would be so enjoyable to write romantic-comedy stories about My Little Pony. As I imagine every brony feels looking back to a year ago.

I joined early March. Started writing in June, ballooned with my newest fic, Allegrezza.

March was when I got into FiM!

I was MLP:Tales 6 months prior to FiM! blink.png

Funny I was too embrassed at the time to admit but no who gives a damn!tongue.png

Anyway, like Cheerilee is most bitchin Pony right now, Fer Shur!biggrin.png

LOL I feel like a newfag. I became a fan mid July and that's almost 3 months after discovering the show when I made fun of bronies for it and made comments like this

dry.png

So this is worth checking out? Interesting...

FUN FACT: Chris Chan makes My Little Pony dolls out of his pubic hair.

Gilda would call me a flip-flop laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL I feel like a newfag. I became a fan mid July and that's almost 3 months after discovering the show when I made fun of bronies for it and made comments like this

dry.png

Gilda would call me a flip-flop laugh.png

That's why Chris-Chan mocking bites you in the ass! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

When did everybody else become a fan or hear of the show? just out of curiosity.

My story is a little weird. I remember someone linking me the first episode on another board and knew a bit of the pony phenomenon and decided to give it a shot just to see what everyone was going on about it; this was sometime in January, maybe even as early as December, so the show really wasn't quite as internet mainstream at the time. Man, was it just "okay," I though. I really didn't look like something I would invest into, but did see all of the merits and hard work put into the show. I just let it slide and left everybody else to talk about it.

It wasn't until some time in February where the show was gaining more popularity that I decided to give it another shot. I was still left with the same impression as I was trudging through the first four episodes and wondering what exactly was it that caught the show off as well as it did. I mean, it was My Little Pony! How could a bunch of grown up men find relatable to a show that is aimed at little girls? The plot in the first four episodes wasn't that engaging and I didn't think that it suited well enough to something this unseen demographic would find appealing.

It really wasn't until I watched more of the show and left most of my preconceptions about the series behind, as well as seeing some of the more better episodes that came afterward did I start to actually like it.

Looking back now, the first three episodes aren't all that great but they do make good supplemental material for new viewers to get to know the characters better, but it most definitely does not highlight what made the show as popular as it has become.

Did anybody else go through this cycle of liking/not liking the show?

When did everybody else become a fan or hear of the show? just out of curiosity.

Edited by Nix

I got into the show, eh, about a month a go, when Vinyl told me about in on Facebook. As I had seen how big of a meme it had become, and how many adult males were watching it, I figured what the heck, and watched the first few episodes. I literally had to drag myself away from the computer so I didn't watch all of season 1 in a single sitting. :P I finished the season relatively quickly, before joining the topic and changing my name/avatar. Now all I have left to become a full-out brony is assume the identity of a pony and roleplay constantly as though I was him/her, buy the toys, and write a fanfic. Oh, and announce it publicly. :P (I probably won't buy any toys or announce it publicly, but I might try the other two.)

I was doing my usual thing on the Internet, then I found a thread about Ponies, now me being the manly man that I am, I avoided it like the plague, but the forum I went too wouldn't shut up about them, and I eventually caved...best month ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

HunterTSF got me twice, first by posting pony-related tunes in the music thread and then by starting this one. It's like he softened me up for the kill.

• Thumbs Up 1

Inb4 Rape jokes

You can't INB4 something that was joked about nearly three weeks ago.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor