Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Becoming Popular is one of the best I agree

Edited by Applejack1973

This is the TRUE Pinkazoid video, clearly. New lyrics and everything! :D

[media=]

(Man, I remember seeing this video from my early days in the fandom. Good times~)

• Thumbs Up 1

*looks left*

*looks right*

So... Nobody here to watch me being an attention whore again?

Cool!

Here is something I promised way back in October...

B2vwm.png

Episode 1: I used to think Ska and Reggaeton were the same thing.

Brony musicians are cool right? We all love to hear dem remixes and the like, so I decided to make a little something to showcase some artists, since all of them were found through EqD, chances are that you've already heard all I'm going to post, but if you are the kind of guy/gal/pony who simply doesn't have enough time to listen ALL the remixes, then there might be something for you here...

So, what I plan to do?

* A Playlist (du'h)! A collection of tracks of a specific artist trying to show everything they've done.

* Sometimes I'll go a little outside of the pony zone but if I put those tracks there are because I think they are worth a listen.

* I'll use SSMB's media limit to my advantage and showcase 2 particular tracks with youtube links, so if you don't have time to listen to the whole thing at least you should try to check this 2.

* The idea was to limit myself to a number of 14 tracks per list (because I think that's enough to make a nice list or a CD) but I'll most likely not be able to fill this quota because some brony musicians just aren't able to release so much music. (maybe I'll show 2 artists that day? I dunno).

Having said that, let's begin with my first artist! Today (in the first of I hope many Thursday posts) we talk about jesse-carlson!

01 ) MLP theme demo.

In an fan scene that is way overpopulated by electronic, techno and other sources of WUBs jesse brings us Ska, or at least some trumpets... And trumpets make everything awesome!

Anyway, I decided to link this track first because I can't think of a better way of introducing an artist than showing their own spin at the show's introduction (and I'll do this as much as possible with future posts)... And if this first intro doesn't convince you to give this guy a listen, then I certainly hope the second one does...

02 ) Friendship Is Magic

This one is amazing! I can see it become the main theme of many fan series... And I dare to say, some kind of brony anthem?

03 ) Winter wrap up

*Obligatory WWU remix*

If there is something I have to criticize about jesse, it's that his voice tends to fail him more often than not, there is a lot of tracks in this list that are quite good but sometimes his singing just... doesn't "keep up" in the quality department.

Oh well, at least there are a lost of instrumental versions of the songs available in his SoundCloud. :V

04 ) Summer: (The Living Tombstone's remix) Ska/Rock cover

Here is another example of what I just said, the voice seems to run out of air at the end, but otherwise this is one of the best mixes of summer I've heard (IIRC only topped by the mini metal mix I've heard in bronified's brony medley).

And since we stopped listening to official songs, let's dive a little further into the fandom...

05 ) Friendship is Witchcraft theme.

Love it or hate it, Friendship is Witchcraft is one of the most reknown parodies out there, above it's peculiar kind of comedy and characters, the series is also known for having it's own share of earworms... And jesse pretty much remixed all of them.

06 ) Art of the Matress

Off Topic: I wonder if any of you tried to do this before going to sleep. laugh.png

07 ) Pinkie's Brew

*Almost obligatory*

08 ) Sweetie Bot's Big Race

I love this one, for some reason makes me feel a little emotional... Sweetie Bot is such a tragic/hilarious character and this particular mix has so much intensity put into it... I mean, it starts like a nice remix but the song keeps getting more intense as it goes, and it ends up with a really nice instrumental solo accompanied by some "after race" lines.

There are more FiW songs in the SoundCloud, but I'll just skip into some more obscure stuff...

09 ) Pots songs

Truth to be told I have no idea what is he remixing here, but I like it. (it's a bunch of stuff, can't tell all of them)

10 ) Powerhouse Rock

It took me some time (40 seconds), but the moment I've realized what this is a remix of my mind was freaking blown!

11 ) Santa Rap

As ridiculous as it sounds. laugh.png

There is also a Lincoln one if you want to check it.

12 ) Birthday Song

I found this one just yesterday... And I think I'll start linking this one whenever I want to wish someone a happy birthday. It could use a better ending though, as it's now it's like it's suddenly cut off...

Oh well, we are getting to the end of our first playlist, so we better make it worth it!

You know? For all I've complained about his voice, maybe one of the main reasons I decided to show this guy as the first playlist is because he seems to be improving (except for Love is in Bloom, dayum! His voice is not made for that kind of song), if his last 2 songs are anything to go by... Just listen to them.

13 ) Flim Flam Brothers

This! Is the best remix of this song I've ever heard! It's really well done and the voiceover is so good! (I lol'd when I heard Pinkie)

14 ) MLP at the gala (demo)

*Obligatory ATG remix*

Besides some unnecessary editing of certain voices (which I'm not sure if they were intentional) and moments where the rhythm changes abruptly, I think this is a really cool remix, and I think it's the perfect way to end the first (of I hope many) music posts,

Not to mention that it's a demo so it's likely to be more polished once the full version is out.

And it's like this that we conclude "The Playlist", hope you enjoyed reading and listening to this post as much as I did while writing it (and considering I had to listen to all this music while making this, I did enjoyed it)

Come again next week for the second episode, which will be titled "March of the Pigs".

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disregard Gato's huge post. Post Sim Gretina's This Day Aria remix (

):

[media=]

Edited by Tornado

When I last watched Friendship Is Magic (re-watching Season 1), there was one video that had a special feature to it. You could make YouTube pick up English speech in the audio and sub the whole clip. Sounds fun? What makes this feature hilarious is the fact that it is yet not working as intended. I tried it on one episode of My Little Pony, and although I was overtired, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Let me post an example. At one point, Cherilee said something like the following: "That's right, Twist! A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that something that makes them different from every other pony." YouTube tried subbing this for me, and it ended up with this: "The cell bachelorette twins! Acute mark appears on a police plant when he or she finds that sick something that makes them suffering from every brother tony discovery quickmix unique." Thank you was always subbed to monkey, and the sub also repetively mentioned totally off things like Iraq. How does it even do that? It gives me different subs over time too.

The following YouTube episode is one example where this feature is enabled:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2x6kSEKBI

Right below the video, the row you also use to enter full screen mode, there should be a button that says "CC". Click it once to activate, then click once more on the same button and click "Transcribe Audio" or something like that, then press OK.

I just felt it might be worth sharing while we wait for more episodes to come out. Perhaps you'll find the best random sentence ever!

• Thumbs Up 4

Already mentioned. It's fantastic that it's on there but I'm disappointed that they're using the crappy version of the Derpy scene. Unsurprised but still disappointed. But besides that, I'm happy it's on Netflix. :)

When I last watched Friendship Is Magic (re-watching Season 1), there was one video that had a special feature to it. You could make YouTube pick up English speech in the audio and sub the whole clip. Sounds fun? What makes this feature hilarious is the fact that it is yet not working as intended. I tried it on one episode of My Little Pony, and although I was overtired, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Let me post an example. At one point, Cherilee said something like the following: "That's right, Twist! A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that something that makes them different from every other pony." YouTube tried subbing this for me, and it ended up with this: "The cell bachelorette twins! Acute mark appears on a police plant when he or she finds that sick something that makes them suffering from every brother tony discovery quickmix unique." Thank you was always subbed to monkey, and the sub also repetively mentioned totally off things like Iraq. How does it even do that? It gives me different subs over time too.

Right below the video, the row you also use to enter full screen mode, there should be a button that says "CC". Click it once to activate, then click once more on the same button and click "Transcribe Audio" or something like that, then press OK.

I just felt it might be worth sharing while we wait for more episodes to come out. Perhaps you'll find the best random sentence ever!

For that matter, try turning on the captions in the last five minutes of A Friend in Deed. There's some comedic gold there. For example:

"I was living in Ponyville the whole time!"

becomes

"I was living in poverty filled the whole time!"

This is something some of us do from time to time for some quick laughs.

You can check this link for 222 pages worth of captioned quotes.

Edited by gato

Mother's Day is May in America? Huh, weird. Had no idea it was any different from the UK. Say, when's Father's Day over there?

Mother's Day is May in America? Huh, weird. Had no idea it was any different from the UK. Say, when's Father's Day over there?

Same time in June.

>Watching Season 2 on Netflix

>Gets to The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit all to hell.

Man up Pinks, you made it through Owls Well That Ends Well again, you can make it through this. Remember the good things, the prize, Sweet and Elite is right after it, you just gotta make it through this one small episode...

GodfuckingdammitIdislikethisepisode.

It's still wonderful having it on Netflix though.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 1

>Watching Season 2 on Netflix

>Gets to The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit all to hell.

Man up Pinks, you made it through Owls Well That Ends Well again, you can make it through this. Remember the good things, the prize, Sweet and Elite is right after it, you just gotta make it through this one small episode...

GodfuckingdammitIdislikethisepisode.

It's still wonderful having it on Netflix though.

Is there anyone who likes Mare-Do-Well? Not me though, it was a pretty mean sprited out of character episode... Well, as mean as a series like this can get. Sad too, cause the Idea of a superhero pony had awesome potential.

Why does everyone hate Owl's Well That Ends Well? It's not a very memorable episode for me, but is it because of the Spike abuse? Cause I've learned that Spike abuse generates more rage even than Fluttershy abuse ever did. I honestly don't really care too much for Spike to get angered by that, personally. I just seem to be very discriminative to anything that's not a pony in this show. :P

On this topic, I was a bit surprised to find that the writer of Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, (Merriweather Williams I believe?) actually wrote episodes of Spongebob during its prime... Though most of the episodes she worked on were pretty, meh IMO. Better than the new episodes in that show, but nothing too memorable.

Does Spike abuse generate rage? In the video of part 2 of the season 2 premiere showing at Bronycon, the part where Spike was tripped was meant with a lot of "aawwwww".

I like merriweather. Sure, MareDoWell wasn't that good but she has improved. HearthWarmingEve is pretty good, Out Your Hoof down was good as well and Dragon Quest is one of my favourite episodes of the whole show.

Does Spike abuse generate rage? In the video of part 2 of the season 2 premiere showing at Bronycon, the part where Spike was tripped was meant with a lot of "aawwwww".

I like merriweather. Sure, MareDoWell wasn't that good but she has improved. HearthWarmingEve is pretty good, Out Your Hoof down was good as well and Dragon Quest is one of my favourite episodes of the whole show.

That so? Most of the fans in real life I know tend to "fan-rage" at the moments when Spike is abused or treated poorly on screen. But that may only be the group I'm in and I had a friend who was displeased about Spike being kicked by Twilight Sparkle in the episode "It's about Time..." Maybe I'm just exaggerating the "Rage" part cause I do notice a lot of people take pity on Spike, mostly cause he has a tenancy to be the butt monkey(As TV Tropes puts it.) of the show. That, and as someone pointed out on the Pony message board I frequent, he is a child and fans feel he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets sometimes/

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't really putting down Merriweather... She wrote some good episodes in Spongebob, but they weren't the ones I remembered that well, but she wasn't the only writer in most of those episodes, so it's really not her fault. Back to ponies...

Yeah, Mare do Well was pretty bad, The Hearthwarming episode was okay, nothing too memorable, Putting Your Hoof Down is probably my favorite of her episodes... Fluttershy's rant was pretty mean, yes, (Seriously, it's painful for someone you know and love to brush off your hobbies and passions in life as useless,) but it was done in a much better way unlike Mare Do Well and was good development for Fluttershy. As for Dragon Quest, It was a pretty good ep, nuff said.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

2 weeks, +100 hours, and 1 case of near catastrophic hard drive failure results in this:

• Thumbs Up 2

That so? Most of the fans in real life I know tend to "fan-rage" at the moments when Spike is abused or treated poorly on screen. But that may only be the group I'm in and I had a friend who was displeased about Spike being kicked by Twilight Sparkle in the episode "It's about Time..." Maybe I'm just exaggerating the "Rage" part cause I do notice a lot of people take pity on Spike, mostly cause he has a tenancy to be the butt monkey(As TV Tropes puts it.) of the show. That, and as someone pointed out on the Pony message board I frequent, he is a child and fans feel he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets sometimes/

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't really putting down Merriweather... She wrote some good episodes in Spongebob, but they weren't the ones I remembered that well, but she wasn't the only writer in most of those episodes, so it's really not her fault. Back to ponies...

Yeah, Mare do Well was pretty bad, The Hearthwarming episode was okay, nothing too memorable, Putting Your Hoof Down is probably my favorite of her episodes... Fluttershy's rant was pretty mean, yes, (Seriously, it's painful for someone you know and love to brush off your hobbies and passions in life as useless,) but it was done in a much better way than Mare Do Well and was good development for Fluttershy. As for Dragon Quest, It was a pretty good ep, nuff said.

To be honest, though I hate the trope of "Abuse is okay When it's Female on Male" the Spike abuse never bothered me mostly because all the other characters are pretty much butt-monkeys too. That and Spike isn't really abused much. i can only think of one of two moments and none of them are as bad as getting a anvil falling on your head, getting a bucket slammed on your head, getting your head ass-slammed(lost of head abuse. Yikes), getting in-circled by flames, getting barfed on or all the pain Twilight suffers in "It's about Time". That, and Spike is shown to be a lot more resilient to pain than the other characters due to being a dragon. He gets off pretty tame compared to the pain the others get. That and most of his bad treatment isn't intentional and isn't that bad. Actually, this is one of the few shows on today that doesn't make me rage with it's portrayal and treatment of genders which is pretty equal. It also doesn't have the double standard of woman hitting men is okay and men hitting woman is wrong. That, and both genders get their fair share of comedic pain.

Wait... why did I start rambling about genders? Why did I make that many words for that? It's a wonder why anyone responds to me...

I pretty much agree with you on your opinions of the episodes. Except for Dragon Quest which I think is a fantastic episode. Though I am biased. it had all my favourite things. Lots of Spike and Rarity moments, Spike X Rarity teasing(Somewhat. Some consider it being friend zoned, others consider it reciprocation on Rarity's part. it's a bit vague.), continuing character development from a previous episode(If you consider the affect from Rarity to be reciprocation), funny moments, phoenixes, character development, new characters(Crackle still cracks me up!) and more dragons.

Why does everyone hate Owl's Well That Ends Well?

Well first off, the episode is boring as fuck.

Second, because of how they treated Spike. We get an episode about Spike, yay! They decide the best way to go about it is to introduce a one dimensional plot vehicle who's sole purpose is to fuck Spike's shit over at every possible turn and make him look terrible by comparison. They even go so far to make Spike out to be the goddamn villain in this scenario, complete with Snidely Whiplash attire. It's like they were trying to hide all of Spike's good qualities and made him the butt monkey just for the sake of a gag they could abuse, the problem here is that the gag wasn't particularly funny in the first place and it dragged on for the entire episode.

There. I'm done.

• Thumbs Up 4

^ Would Posirep. Daily quota reached.

sad.png

Also, as someone who had to go through that in life, that episode fucking hurt to watch.

"Spike, stop acting like such an asshole because you feel your feelings are no longer important to me. I'll just yell at you for feeling unwanted instead of trying to make you know that you aren't."

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3