Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Please forgive my laziness at not looking it up myself ignorance, but can one transfer Pokemon in-game from, say, Generation 5 to XY, or does one need the Pokemon Bank or is it not possible?

Please forgive my laziness at not looking it up myself ignorance, but can one transfer Pokemon in-game from, say, Generation 5 to XY, or does one need the Pokemon Bank or is it not possible?

You need Pokemon Bank AND Pokemon Transporter. PokeTransporter does...the transporting from the Gen 5 games to X/Y via PokeBank. You then withdraw the Pokemon from PokeBank to X/Y itself. One thing though, PokeTransporter transports ONLY from Gen 5 games, so if you have Pokemon from Gen IV then you have to transfer them to Gen V using the Poke Transfer Lab in the games.

Yes Pokemon Bank is a paid service but there will be a 30 day free trial when it does come out. Plenty of time to transfer for free.

Y'know, just watch this video instead...that damn lying release date at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfSDbrskfE

You need Pokemon Bank AND Pokemon Transporter. Transporter does...the transporting from the Gen 5 games to X/Y via Pokemon Bank. You then withdraw the Pokemon from PokeBank to X/Y itself. One thing though, PokeTransporter transports ONLY from Gen 5 games, so if you have Pokemon from Gen IV then you have to transfer them to Gen V using the Poke Transfer Lab in the games.

Yes Pokemon Bank is a paid service but there will be a 30 day free trail when it does come out. Plenty of time to transfer your Pokes. 

So would I need to do the trial the day it comes out or could I wait until a more convienient time?

So would I need to do the trial the day it comes out or could I wait until a more convienient time?

I'm pretty sure that the free trial is 30 days from release, not 30 days from when you actually download and use the apps.

Goddammit. Oh well. Thanks KrazyBean!

No problem :)

Let's all hope it's up on Monday (or the rumored Tuesday release).

Doesn't the eShop update on Thursdays? It would make sense for it to release then.

Doesn't the eShop update on Thursdays? It would make sense for it to release then.

They sometimes add games and stuff throughout the week.

Jeez, can you believe that their are idiots out their paying money for Shiny Pokemon on Ebay? I mean, seriously??

Honestly pretty glad there's a way of cloning, even if it's kinda sketchy looking. I think it was pretty lame to only have one mega stone available of each type in a single game, and not even all of them available in one alone, meaning cloning some should be good trade items to get the rest that you need without having to go buy another copy, or simply you have multiple Charizards for example and are too lazy to switch your stone all the time lawl.

I also hope the Pokemon Bank doesn't get announced and just shows up one of these days to download. Mainly saying that to hopefully dodge the bullet of the servers going down again. With the delay and everyone waiting like rabid dogs, it'll probably be hell to download again if they go about saying "Hey it's on so and so day at midnight!" Would like to think they figured out a way around that, but just seems like a safer bet if it's only spread by word of mouth/internetz so it's not all at once *shrugs*.

Also those 3 legendaries yet to be revealed have always looked really lackluster to me. The crazy ass Fire/Water one is kinda neat, but still looks really goofy to me. I guess looking again Diancie isn't too bad, but that one and Hoopa are just kinda boring idk. At least they have some fun typings that are different than most legendary stuffs (only one legendary dragon this gen, kinda impressed), but unfortunately looking at Serebii, these 3 all kinda have a shit storm of weaknesses. Hoopa's only Psychic and Ghost, but both being x4 is too crazy. Guess it doesn't matter anyways since I usually avoid using legendaries.

I'm pretty sure that the free trial is 30 days from release, not 30 days from when you actually download and use the apps.

The trial begins when you sign up, so you can start it anytime while it's available.

Don't want to break current line of discussion, but I'm seeking some advice.

I have a level 100 Adamant Dragonite; perfect IVs, been Pokerus'd and all that...it looks like I have to redo the EV spread though. Now I read up online that Extreme Speed seem to be a vital part of most physical sets...

However, I don't have a single Dratini-line Pokemon with the move from previous games. What would you guys recommend in its place if possible?

Don't want to break current line of discussion, but I'm seeking some advice.

I have a level 100 Adamant Dragonite; perfect IVs, been Pokerus'd and all that...it looks like I have to redo the EV spread though. Now I read up online that Extreme Speed seem to be a vital part of most physical sets...

However, I don't have a single Dratini-line Pokemon with the move from previous games. What would you guys recommend in its place if possible?

Do you have a heart scale? A move tutor might be able to teach it to your Dragonite?

Do you have a heart scale? A move tutor might be able to teach it to your Dragonite?

I do, but Extreme Speed isn't listed in the moves it can re-learn. 

Also, aw yeah you go Oshawott

tumblr_myrea2oj681rjenv2o1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

I do, but Extreme Speed isn't listed in the moves it can re-learn. 

You'd need to breed Dragonite with a Pokemon that can learn Extremespeed.

Problem is the only Pokemon the Dragonite line can breed with that has Extremespeed is other Dragonite line Pokes, so you'll have to wait until Pokebank or hope you can get one on via trade.

As far as substitute moves there are quite a few.  Thunderpunch, Earthquake and Roost are all pretty viable choices.

About the Extreme Speed breeding deal, I know that. Shame Poke Bank wasn't out as intended, but hey.

I have Roost and Earthquake, but I may just giving up the latter for Thunder Punch.

It's not a matter of need, but want. Being able to spam an 80 BP attack at +2 priority off of that attack stat is great, especially after you've used Dragon Dance. Given it's bulk and multiscale...that's almost never difficult. One of, if not the most common sets for Dragonite last-gen was Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Fire Punch / ExtremeSpeed, and this gen doesn't seem to be doing much to change that.

I do agree with the 'want' over the 'need', I would want to have an Extreme Speed set, but I can worry about that when Poke Bank is released. So in this case I'll go with Dragon Dance, Roost, Thunder Punch and either Outrage/Dragon Claw.

Hmm that moment when you remember there's global link, go check it and see that you have 36'000 pokemiles to spend.

So many rare candies, heart scales and PP ups...

For heavens sake, it's taking WAY too long to breed a Female Chimchar with Iron Fist, Jeez breeding the Starters with Egg moves is such a pain in the rear.

You would've thought by now that they would've came out with a Charm that increases the chances of a hatched Pokemon being Female or vice versa.

I'm so going to be singing along to this until Pokemon Bank is released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPCv5rubXhU

For heavens sake, it's taking WAY too long to breed a Female Chimchar with Iron Fist, Jeez breeding the Starters with Egg moves is such a pain in the rear.

You would've thought by now that they would've came out with a Charm that increases the chances of a hatched Pokemon being Female or vice versa.

I have one.  I can send it to you if you'd like?  It even has Thunderpunch, Fire Punch and Fake Out.